MizzouBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had my dealer put in a separate order for me from the original one after they screwed up my order. Apparently after taking delivery, they never re-allocated the order and I just found out I have a new Bronco sitting on a lot.

Is it worth buying and selling or should I just see if they'll give me some ford points or something for letting them keep the vehicle?
Sponsored

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t see why the dealer would give you anything for a vehicle you’ve ordered but not taken delivery on. If you can swing the finances, I would take delivery and resell it. Markets stupid right now for these vehicles. Might as well take advantage and make a profit. Lord knows the dealership will.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Call around carmax, carvana, vroom, etc and see what kinda offers you get. If you choose to buy and resell keep in mind youll be paying taxes so youd need to get that much over msrp or however much you pay just to break even. Depending on package and options it may or may not be beneficial. As for getting points or something for walking away thats between you and your dealer. Id like to think if you have a good rapport with them theyd be willing to do something considering they could make a nice profit selling to someone else.

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this depends on what trim level the Bronco in question is. Good luck making money on anything below a Badlands, and even that would be a dicey proposition.

OP
OP
MizzouBronco

MizzouBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think this depends on what trim level the Bronco in question is. Good luck making money on anything below a Badlands, and even that would be a dicey proposition.
Base 2.3 + Sasquatch 4dr hard top.

Heard some folks weren't happy with the smaller engine.

Sponsored

lindamar

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 4d
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After paying sales tax it's hard to make much money flipping from what I can tell.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You can ask for some Ford points or some floor mats, mugs, or whatever out of the service department but other than than I wouldn't worry about trying to flip it anymore.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
2-Door Manual still seems to command a premium. 4-door base auto not so much.

Paulj826

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.3L are sitting on lots every where in Florida . No one is paying up for the smaller engine. Also, there is enough supply out there at this point after 3 years of screwing over customers and 7% interest rates where a decent portion of the demand is gone for most builds. After taxes it’s a waste of time to try and resell anything but probably a raptor imo.

nx40yrs

Heritage
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I had my dealer put in a separate order for me from the original one after they screwed up my order. Apparently after taking delivery, they never re-allocated the order and I just found out I have a new Bronco sitting on a lot.

Is it worth buying and selling or should I just see if they'll give me some ford points or something for letting them keep the vehicle?
Buy it and Resell you will make $$$

Sponsored

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought my Base Squatch 2 door last week that I've had on order for over a year. I have another on order as well. I don't NEED to sell this one, but I did my due diligence, and if I was going to pocket like 5-10k profit, it would be silly not to.

That doesn't seem to be the case here in TN, at least. Of the wholesale quotes I got, Carmax (in person) was the best, and it was still UNDER MSRP. Part of the problem is many of the online deals don't "get" that it's a base with the sasquatch package (the Carmax estimator was a moron). Most of the problem is that the market is falling quickly. There are a LOT of available Broncos now for sticker or close to it.

Just my $.02. Keep in mind I bought and sold a 2022 Bronco last year after driving it for 8k miles for a LOT of profit when I felt like the market started to dip. It wasn't my dream Bronco and I'm glad I made that decision and waited for a 2 door.

Now, if someone wanted my current base for 50k, I'd wait for the next one and blow the money on taking the kids to Disney, again. I still might put it on FB for a couple days and see. But I do love it and am looking forward to modding it so we'll see.

OP
OP
MizzouBronco

MizzouBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought my Base Squatch 2 door last week that I've had on order for over a year. I have another on order as well. I don't NEED to sell this one, but I did my due diligence, and if I was going to pocket like 5-10k profit, it would be silly not to.

That doesn't seem to be the case here in TN, at least. Of the wholesale quotes I got, Carmax (in person) was the best, and it was still UNDER MSRP. Part of the problem is many of the online deals don't "get" that it's a base with the sasquatch package (the Carmax estimator was a moron). Most of the problem is that the market is falling quickly. There are a LOT of available Broncos now for sticker or close to it.

Just my $.02. Keep in mind I bought and sold a 2022 Bronco last year after driving it for 8k miles for a LOT of profit when I felt like the market started to dip. It wasn't my dream Bronco and I'm glad I made that decision and waited for a 2 door.

Now, if someone wanted my current base for 50k, I'd wait for the next one and blow the money on taking the kids to Disney, again. I still might put it on FB for a couple days and see. But I do love it and am looking forward to modding it so we'll see.
I made a healthy chunk off a first run because they screwed my order, then put that to the one I bought about 6 months back. This just showed up (another screwup from the dealer) and I am deciding whether it's worth the effort.

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

dealers seem to be getting some inventory nowadays. just a gut feeling that the days of stoopid mark-ups are coming to a quick close (exception for Raptors) especially with everyone predicting an economic slowdown. if you can flip it do it, but every day that goes by is gonna make the less and less of a likelihood IMHO.

FTR - I would never pay a dime over sticker. But that's me, I see no upside to paying over sticker for a regular production vehicle. :cheers:
Sponsored