Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Long story short: dealer told us that the standard Wildtrak bumper was steel. Come to find out it is plastic. Our order has been in the queue for a few months now so still able to change it. We do not plan to utilize the modular capabilities, do not need winch, but would rather not have a plastic bumper. Any advice? After market, etc?

And while we are at it, if we do submit for changes to our order, any word on if the tow package is actually a constraint right now?
Sponsored

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as you don't already have a build date, I would suggest changing to the Mod bumper as long as you like the looks of it. The upcharge to go to the Mod bumper is much less that you will pay for any aftermarket bumper

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've looked at so many after market options, played with different light configurations, winches, add ons etc- I still come back to the MOD bumper as being one of the best looking. IM throwing some fog pocket lights in and a light bar and calling it a day for the front bumper.

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd update my order to the MOD bumper honestly. The aftermarket has some pretty ugly designs out there currently.

Sponsored

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As long as you don't already have a build date, I would suggest changing to the Mod bumper as long as you like the looks of it. The upcharge to go to the Mod bumper is much less that you will pay for any aftermarket bumper
Be advised that the modular bumper is currently one of the Bronco’s “Constraint” items and could possibly push back your delivery date

OP
OP
vb_bronco

vb_bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Be advised that the modular bumper is currently one of the Bronco’s “Constraint” items and could possibly push back your delivery date
Thanks for the info - where's the best place to see the latest list of constraints?

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've looked at so many after market options, played with different light configurations, winches, add ons etc- I still come back to the MOD bumper as being one of the best looking. IM throwing some fog pocket lights in and a light bar and calling it a day for the front bumper.
Totally agree, that's my plan as well.

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the info - where's the best place to see the latest list of constraints?
I would check with your dealer as the list of constraint items seems to change quite frequently as of late.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It changes weekly, if you start chasing the bull, you may never get built.
Decide what you want and stick with it. If you're willing to live without something, delete it and don't look back.

I have the Mod bumper. I think it is one of the best looking out there.
The bumper is stout... the safari bar, maybe not so much.
Like others have stated, you won't touch a decent aftermarket bumper and bash plates for under $2k.
The factory mod bumper and bash plate is a steal.

Sponsored

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

depends what you are going to use it for. if you are going to do some off-road/crawl where you might need better approach/exit angles, aftermarket all the way. If you are like me and just do very easy trails, then Mod bumper is fine.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no CURRENT real world info to base this statement off of, but my gut tells me, I'd avoid Lux and tow like the plague.

I quit following that scene once mine was built.

Maybe others who are still following the constraints issue can shoot me down ... or not.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you plan on adding a winch, the mod bumper has its own series of issues. Ford's solution is expensive and won't work w/ Lux package. Aftermarket winch mounting options are out there but not super elegant in my book. Workarounds (relocating) for ACC and camera are available. Aftermarket is more expensive than the MOD (which includes front skid plate), but you have many more options. It all depends on your wants and needs.

I ordered the mod but go back and forth between changing it to standard bumper. Will probably stay w/ MOD.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve watched many videos with people nosing in their lifted Broncos with aftermarket bumpers, while non lifted Broncos with the Mod Bumper push right thru. After seeing that, I’m convinced that Ford has a great factory option for approach angles.

jbacchi70

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, 1968 Plymouth Road Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I regret so badly that I did not upgrade to the mod bumper. I think it looks fantastic.
Sponsored