First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Never measured….the new one keeps getting pushed. I’ll be lucky if it arrives by June at this rate.
Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Was just about to purchase the Curt.

Has anyone tried the Rough Country hitch? I'm in the same boat - just looking for a bike rack and cargo tray.

RunNGunArk

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was just about to purchase the Curt.

Has anyone tried the Rough Country hitch? I'm in the same boat - just looking for a bike rack and cargo tray.
i bought the RC hitch (bronco hasnt arrived yet) but Ive since learned you need to remove the bumper to install.. ugh.. the curt goes on without bumper removal...

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i bought the RC hitch (bronco hasnt arrived yet) but Ive since learned you need to remove the bumper to install.. ugh.. the curt goes on without bumper removal...
Interesting. They look like they use the same mounting location. I suppose I'll look at the RC instructions. Have one coming Thursday, and I have the Bronco now too so I'll at least take a quick look.

Sure enough....you do.

Lucky for me I wanted to do this to Cerakote the bumper. Kill two birds with one hitch!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/roughcountry/install/921510620.pdf

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got the Rough Country receiver, and it fit fine, although their instructions say you need to remove the bumper so that you can put the bolts in from the rear, I did not, I installed it like the Curt install video, and pushed the bolts in from the Muffler side and put the Nuts on the bumper side. I have no plans for wireing up lights, I put it there for small utility trailer around the yard and an extra recovery point.

( side note, its a tight fit to get the long bolts in from the muffler side, but I was able to push the muffler far enought forward to get the bolts in. I also found it odd that there were 2 different size bolts and they had different size bolt heads and nuts so Install did require a few trips to the tool box, my advice is if your old like me get your tools together before getting under the Bronco.)

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
York

York

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just received another Curt hitch and it fits easily with room to spare. It looks like either they changed the size to accommodate 2022 models or the first one wasn’t right. Either way it fits now.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just received another Curt hitch and it fits easily with room to spare. It looks like either they changed the size to accommodate 2022 models or the first one wasn’t right. Either way it fits now.
I've installed two Curt hitches (not on Broncos). On one hitch, I had to sledgehammer an ear before installing, to get to fit. I think in transit, the ear might have gotten bent.

In general, with hitches seems like there can be some variance in the fitting, in terms of gaps and alignment.

Otherwise, the Curt hitches have held up well, and seem sturdy.

GreyCactus

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I installed my Rough Country receiver no issues on a fresh 2022 Bronco.
I don’t have a lot of experience with nylon lock nuts. Did you have to use a lot of force to get them on to the larger bolt? I was worried that I might strip them and backed them out. They were much easier to install on the smaller bolts. Maybe I’m just weak? 😃

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t have a lot of experience with nylon lock nuts. Did you have to use a lot of force to get them on to the larger bolt? I was worried that I might strip them and backed them out. They were much easier to install on the smaller bolts. Maybe I’m just weak? 😃
Since I have a M18 impact I just start the nut by hand then rattle away. Long as you get them on by hand and get a couple of complete turns by hand I wouldnt worry about stripping the nut on a bolt of that size.

Sponsored

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've got the Rough Country Hitch and removed the bumper for the install. Removing the rear bumper is fairly easy and only added maybe another 20min to the overall install time.

I've seen manufacturing issues with BOTH the Curt and Rough Country Hitches where either the gap to fit was either too narrow or far too wide. I wouldn't fight with either personally. RMA it and get a replacement.

DanO89

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I also ordered the 13493 through Napa and it wouldn't fit either.
Sponsored