MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The badge is terrific, but your wife’s “ victory” is fantastic!
Sponsored

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great story. God bless you and your wife. Since DarkMatter Designs were so gracious in supporting you and Jill, I purchased a couple of items to support them too.

OP
OP
Zennes

Zennes

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Beautiful story! I'm not gonna lie, brought a tear to my eye. Does this company make these emblems normally, even without the cancer symbol? Care to share a link?
They make the badges without the ribbon. This was a custom job they did for me.

Shark1247

Badlands
First Name
Kelly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coole

A little over three years ago Jill received one of the most life altering and devastating diagnoses a woman can receive in her life. She had breast cancer. What made it worse it that it was the rarest and most aggressive version of breast cancer known. At this point EVERYTHING in our lives changed dramatically.

Jill chose to sell her 1986 Bronco, that she had previously purchased for her and I to work on together, to cover the initial bills for the medical expenses. At this point we were careful on what we did and where we went in fear of her near nonexistent immune system due to the yearlong chemo regiment. This meant we could do the things we loved. Working on cars, fishing, surfing, anything outdoors was off limits by the doctors.

During the hardest time of her fight, after the surgeries were complete and the recovery phase started, I wasn’t sure if she would make it. The lively, upbeat, cheerful, always positive woman I knew was now just a shell of her former self. During this time she was bed ridden due to the lack if strength to even get up.

During one of the hourly bandage changes and evaluations she had made the comment she wanted to get one of the new Broncos and to start a YouTube channel working on cars with me. I did what every man would do when he sees a spark in the woman’s eyes he loves to keep going. I promised her we would do just that. I told her to pick out the Bronco she wanted and we will start the YouTube channel, now known as 1Five1 Garage.

While we did get the Bronco and started the channel, I wanted to do something special without her knowing to help her remind her of the fight she won. I wanted something special to show her how proud I am of her. I reached out to DarkMatter Design and asked if they would be able to custom make a Bronco badge with a breast cancer ribbon incorporated into it somehow.

Not knowing what the final outcome would be made me a little nervous, but knowing from seeing other projects and their craftsmanship, I knew that I wouldn’t be let down. The day the emblems arrived I was overjoyed about the outcome. The question is “Will Jill like it as much as I did?” After seeing it and the videoed reaction I think she does. After the camera was off, she kept staring at it for a while. She absolutely loves it.

I want to give a huge thanks to DarkMatter Design for doing this for me to surprise the woman I almost lost with something special to brighten her day… and Bronco…
Coolest loving gesture. You rocked it.
Sponsored