First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This brought tears to my eyes. I know how physically and emotionally challenging that battle is, and I celebrate your victory! I'm prayerful that cancer is forever in your past. God bless you both.

Our 24 year old daughter is a cancer survivor too. She was diagnosed with stage 2 Lymphoma in February of 2020. The chemo & radiation took an incredible toll on her body, but I'm excite to share that she's officially been in remission for 16 months now. Back in January as a celebration of 12 months cancer free she decided to order a 2 door Badlands/Sas... it isn't here yet but I just showed her this video and she thought this was the absolute coolest. :)
Sponsored

Gil Carolina

Big Bend
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A little over three years ago Jill received one of the most life altering and devastating diagnoses a woman can receive in her life. She had breast cancer. What made it worse it that it was the rarest and most aggressive version of breast cancer known. At this point EVERYTHING in our lives changed dramatically.

Jill chose to sell her 1986 Bronco, that she had previously purchased for her and I to work on together, to cover the initial bills for the medical expenses. At this point we were careful on what we did and where we went in fear of her near nonexistent immune system due to the yearlong chemo regiment. This meant we could do the things we loved. Working on cars, fishing, surfing, anything outdoors was off limits by the doctors.

During the hardest time of her fight, after the surgeries were complete and the recovery phase started, I wasn’t sure if she would make it. The lively, upbeat, cheerful, always positive woman I knew was now just a shell of her former self. During this time she was bed ridden due to the lack if strength to even get up.

During one of the hourly bandage changes and evaluations she had made the comment she wanted to get one of the new Broncos and to start a YouTube channel working on cars with me. I did what every man would do when he sees a spark in the woman’s eyes he loves to keep going. I promised her we would do just that. I told her to pick out the Bronco she wanted and we will start the YouTube channel, now known as 1Five1 Garage.

While we did get the Bronco and started the channel, I wanted to do something special without her knowing to help her remind her of the fight she won. I wanted something special to show her how proud I am of her. I reached out to DarkMatter Design and asked if they would be able to custom make a Bronco badge with a breast cancer ribbon incorporated into it somehow.

Not knowing what the final outcome would be made me a little nervous, but knowing from seeing other projects and their craftsmanship, I knew that I wouldn’t be let down. The day the emblems arrived I was overjoyed about the outcome. The question is “Will Jill like it as much as I did?” After seeing it and the videoed reaction I think she does. After the camera was off, she kept staring at it for a while. She absolutely loves it.

I want to give a huge thanks to DarkMatter Design for doing this for me to surprise the woman I almost lost with something special to brighten her day… and Bronco…
Onions…

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. Great inspirational story. Watch your videos all the time. Keep up the great work.

boss351

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome story, my allergies kicked in while I was watching:love:

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

haven't even watched the video and I already love it.

I lost my mother to pancreatic cancer in 2020 and watching her fade away and fight that was horrible for me as a son, I can't imagine what it did to my dad. I'm sorry you 2 had to go through that, but it's awesome that you can now say it's in the past. Much love to you both and may the future hold many happy journeys in the Bronco! I'll "like and subscribe"!

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

🥹

It looks amazing. I love how the script is color matched, looks super clean. Then the black stroke is a perfect touch. The shade is pink looks great with cactus.

So happy for her.

Bohlmbo

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1966 Mustang, 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well done. And thank you for posting some good news and positive thoughts. We all could use more of that these days.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been watching your channel for a few months and never knew that backstory. I'm glad things are going well and wish you both the best!

Marchanta1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That is so wonderful. We can all feel your love for her though your words. This really brought a smile to my face and warmed my heart.

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Beautiful story! I'm not gonna lie, brought a tear to my eye. Does this company make these emblems normally, even without the cancer symbol? Care to share a link?

idobleedblue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love this!

I already have the retro script... but if they can do a dark blue ribbon I may just have to see if they can make one in memory of my late wife who passed 5 years back to colon cancer.

F#CK cancer!

So happy for you and your wife. What a blessing! <3

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love this!

I already have the retro script... but if they can do a dark blue ribbon I may just have to see if they can make one in memory of my late wife who passed 5 years back to colon cancer.

F#CK cancer!

So happy for you and your wife. What a blessing! <3
seems cancer has touched more than a few of us...I wish there was a way to alleviate the pain, but there is never enough...I whole heartedly agree "FUCK CANCER!"

Skwatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak, 22 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Having trouble typing this with all of the dust in my eyes. What a wonderful tribute to the fight that you both waged. I lost my Mom to cancer 6 years ago, it was the most horrible thing to go through. When you see the fight that people put forth to beat cancer, it gives everyone hope. May your lives be full of love, joy and good health...Well done sir, well done!

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not recommended to watch when at work with people around you look into your office.
Sponsored