Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone plan on doing their own customization to their bronco or at least having a fabrication shop make some parts custom. Seems like most people just buy after market crap and bolt it on and all the vehicles look the same.
Had a buddy spend 20k in parts for his Harley and when we roll up to a rally his bike looks like everyone else’s. I made a few things in my garage and had them painted or powder coated and they look one-off for not much money.
Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got plans to put a giant whale tail spoiler on the back of mine, along with changing the muffler out to something that all those dudes put on their Honda civics.

Going for something like this:
8tx70xjn5ig31.jpg

OP
OP

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got plans to put a giant whale tail spoiler on the back of mine, along with changing the muffler out to something that all those dudes put on their Honda civics.

Going for something like this:
Ford Bronco Customization 8tx70xjn5ig31
My neighbor has a raptor that sounds like a souped up Subaru drives me crazy every time I hear that lawnmower go bye

Sponsored

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Scratches and dings, eventually...probably at WalMart...

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Planning on bending up some diamond plate to protect the lower bodyline on the doors.

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah that is something I have noticed especially on B6G. So many people foing on about wanting every last modification feom the factory or Ford Performance. Doesn't seem like a lot of builders here. I am sure there are a few but this seems more like 'bought' not 'built' place.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah that is something I have noticed especially on B6G. So many people foing on about wanting every last modification feom the factory or Ford Performance. Doesn't seem like a lot of builders here. I am sure there are a few but this seems more like 'bought' not 'built' place.
People spending more than $50k on a vehicle, hire others to do their modifications.

OP
OP

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

People spending more than $50k on a vehicle, hire others to do their modifications.
Not to be snarky but that not accurate at all I’ll be 3D printing some stuff and know a few people with steal fabrication shops and plan to build some one off bumpers. I’ve been making motorcycle parts since I got my first bike at 16. I know plenty of people that make their own light bars. You make all types of things with 3D printers now.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im sure some will.

I'm a welder... So I'll fab a few things. But with the advent of cnc, laser cutting, etc. you can buy some pretty nice stuff.

Garage built doesn't always look good. I'm a pretty fine fabricator but a computer can do a nicer, cleaner, and lighter job than what I can do in the garage.

I don't mind spending the money to get something that looks good, works good, and is a clean fit.

No problem with people that choose either direction.

Built and bought.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This will be me. I plan on modifying my mod top with rear power sliders. They don't exist as far as I know - only manual sliders on Jeeps and EBs. But I'll take my idea to Cheshire Customs in St. Augustine and tell them to make it happen.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably doors and winch mount. Maybe a rack more skid plates. I also think there are alot of mods to the rear suspension mounts I have been thinking about for durability.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

“Bolt-on” encompasses a lot nowadays. Wouldn’t want to spend the hundreds of hours calculating suspension geometry, buying and fabbing control arms, measuring shock stroke, and figuring out the best way to package a lift for a 6G when Camburg and Icon will come out with a better product for much less than my time would cost me to do it myself.

As far as little things like mounts and small modifications go, absolutely I’ll throw together a few things until aftermarket mfg’s come out with something better.

Vehicles are so modular now that having bolt-on or at the very least pre-made upgrades for most things is the norm.

OP
OP

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

“Bolt-on” encompasses a lot nowadays. Wouldn’t want to spend the hundreds of hours calculating suspension geometry, buying and fabbing control arms, measuring shock stroke, and figuring out the best way to package a lift for a 6G when Camburg and Icon will come out with a better product for much less than my time would cost me to do it myself.

As far as little things like mounts and small modifications go, absolutely I’ll throw together a few things until aftermarket mfg’s come out with something better.

Vehicles are so modular now that having bolt-on or at the very least pre-made upgrades for most things is the norm.
Ya I guess you Have a good point. Im
Like the look of these bumpers
Ford Bronco Customization 0D0C3B02-0305-46A7-8620-D42336F20E1E
Ford Bronco Customization 72E525A0-3881-4B95-94ED-16A8E63C8277
Sponsored