First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anything I fabricated would certainly look one off, and like shit to boot.
Sponsored

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1609967162500.png

First thing I am adding..... calling it the "one-time" modular and very capable bumper.... just need the sawsall to remove the "end-caps"! :cool:
That is cool in a perverse sort of way!

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I work in the automotive aftermarket ??ā€ā™‚. I probably will knock out a few things for myself and if it gets over my head, skills wise, I know a person or two.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

something similar to this for the stock rock rails. ....just to keep the rocks off the doors. :LOL:

Ford Bronco Customization 1609983682295

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just had a conversation with my son about accessories for the Bronco. I said I was going to buy a welder. I may take a shot at making my own bumpers. I have far more experience with plastique and tree carcasses. How difficult could metal be?
I would just do the design, cut the metal, and tack it together. I would have a pro weld it and powder coat it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just had a conversation with my son about accessories for the Bronco. I said I was going to buy a welder. I may take a shot at making my own bumpers. I have far more experience with plastique and tree carcasses. How difficult could metal be?
I would just do the design, cut the metal, and tack it together. I would have a pro weld it and powder coat it.
I think itā€™s difficult to make it look good and professional. You donā€™t want it looking like an 8th grade shop project.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to be snarky but that not accurate at all Iā€™ll be 3D printing some stuff and know a few people with steal fabrication shops and plan to build some one off bumpers. Iā€™ve been making motorcycle parts since I got my first bike at 16. I know plenty of people that make their own light bars. You make all types of things with 3D printers now.
The quality really isnā€™t there yet. Iā€™ve been in the AM industry for 8 years. You need a CNC and/or DMLS printer to make anything worth mounting on the vehicle. FDM isnā€™t going to cut it man.

that cool 3d printed grab handle on that one concept?3d printed titanium probably would cost 5k$

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think when people get their bronco, and the aftermarket is still ramping up, they will want things that are not out yet and we will see some unique things.

But until people have broncos to mod there will be no mods.

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think itā€™s difficult to make it look good and professional. You donā€™t want it looking like an 8th grade shop project.
I believe Iā€™m at least capable of making something that looks like a 12th grade shop project. Thank you very much!

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm going to hand-carve my own tires.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ya I guess you Have a good point. Im
Like the look of these bumpers

Sure hope those lights are easily replaceable.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im sure some will.

I'm a welder... So I'll fab a few things. But with the advent of cnc, laser cutting, etc. you can buy some pretty nice stuff.

Garage built doesn't always look good. I'm a pretty fine fabricator but a computer can do a nicer, cleaner, and lighter job than what I can do in the garage.

I don't mind spending the money to get something that looks good, works good, and is a clean fit.

No problem with people that choose either direction.

Built and bought.
This.
I can over-engineer the crap out of something. It will be functional, it will look good (most of the time). But then I see some CAD-planned equivalent and see where I could have done it simpler, lighter. Been there several times.
I'll look at something, for instance, a battery box/tray. I'll think "Take some of this, put some bends here, cut these shapes, gussets here, weld here, blast, paint, install." Then I see some equivalent on Summit that was in reality probably only X% more than my material cost and ponder all of the time and effort vs. online checkout and delivery...

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Okay, did some more research. Maybe, hopefully, a company like Move Bumper Kits will offer a kit for the Bronco. This is a kit you assemble yourself. You save because it is the bare metal parts, cut correctly, and instructions. This offers more flexibility for modifications.
Sponsored