First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've posted these elsewhere, but this is the better forum for these images.
1600267564185.png
1600267719234.png

Body Image CO.jpg

1600267802956.png

To me, the CO color is a Chrome Yellow + Metallic.
as a chrome yellow early Bronco owner I couldn’t be more estatic about this.

DEC3B449-959E-49C0-B551-9CB7DC1B282A.jpeg
Sponsored

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am so worried that CO will be too yellow for me. CO has been my initial favorite but over the past few weeks I’ve bounced around Cactus Grey and Antimatter Blue. AMB is too dark. I think it’ll be disappointed if I got with AMB. The colors are stressing me out. Ford needs a better color team. Two reds, CO, and a ton of greys and blues. I would love a rust orange/brown.

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am so worried that CO will be too yellow for me. CO has been my initial favorite but over the past few weeks I’ve bounced around Cactus Grey and Antimatter Blue. AMB is too dark. I think it’ll be disappointed if I got with AMB. The colors are stressing me out. Ford needs a better color team. Two reds, CO, and a ton of greys and blues. I would love a rust orange/bro
I am so worried that CO will be too yellow for me. CO has been my initial favorite but over the past few weeks I’ve bounced around Cactus Grey and Antimatter Blue. AMB is too dark. I think it’ll be disappointed if I got with AMB. The colors are stressing me out. Ford needs a better color team. Two reds, CO, and a ton of greys and blues. I would love a rust orange/brown.
this is my all-time favorite Classicbroncos thread: check out ginger bronze poly at the bottom of page 1: https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127793&highlight=Color+chart

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

this is my all-time favorite Classicbroncos thread: check out ginger bronze poly at the bottom of page 1: https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127793&highlight=Color+chart
That is cool... I’m not a flashy person at all and pretty reserved.. so CO was initially a stretch for me. But it had that funky appeal I wanted in such a cool vehicle. I’m just so worried that 90% of the time, it will be that “yellow” car. I’m leaning toward Cactus Gray at this minute just because it’s a more tame color. But then white or black roof with Cactus... Ford didn’t make this easy for people ordering at $50k+ vehicle

Sponsored
OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife and I had a "serious" color conversation last night :ROFLMAO: Both coming to a realization that we are going to have to make a final decision in a month or two.

We are down to our top 2 in no particular order being Area 51 (thank you overlanding concept!!) and Cyber Orange.

A real concern of the Cyber Orange is how we perceive it in our heads and how others perceive it. So we made up the below collage for people who are struggling with how they think of CO in their minds. The additional challenge is that CO is a "chameleon" color, which changes drastically based on lighting and in-person/virtual viewing because of the depth and metallic nature.

It is important to us that CO is NOT "smiley face yellow", which you can clearly see it's not (when using a Walmart style smiley, not emoji style smiley).

It is important that we accept the fact that the color can easily be perceived as "the color of a school bus" - because on average it is. No, you can't unsee it - but, in our minds we know our Bronco is not a school bus - so we don't care. No matter how many "short bus" comments we're going to get in the future for it. :rolleyes:

What was most valuable for me in this exercise was to correct my technical understanding of what the definition of "orange" actually is. It is a blend of 2 primary colors, yellow and red. So, really orange is any mix of those 2 with a simple tendency towards "more yellow" or "more red". Cyber Orange is never just yellow, but often it looks darn close to yellow but since it's a blend, it's technically orange.

But CO is NEVER smiley face yellow ;)

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread Cyber Orange Compariso

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread 1602162162013

From Wikipedia:

"Primary colors (or primary colours) are sets of colors that can be combined to make a useful range of colors. The primary colors are those which cannot be created by mixing other colors in a given color space.

For subtractive combination of colors, as in mixing of pigments or dyes for printing, the CMYK set of primaries is often used. In this system the primary colors are cyan, magenta,and yellow.[1] Other sets include the RYB system of red, yellow, blue, especially used by artists.[2]

For additive combination of colors, as in overlapping projected lights or in television and computer screens, the primary colors normally used are red, green, and blue."

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too much stress over this beautiful warm happy color that will be on only a few upcoming Ford models and its further limited among some of them by trim level.......look at that metallic in the sun on the Mach E pic....oh my

Get it before its gone ;)

Internally_Combusted

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy C10
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Life's too short to drive boring cars..... Or cars in boring colors. My lotus is metallic orange and my Bronco will be cyber orange. CO is definitely not orange but that doesn't bother me at all. Tri-coat paints have so much character and depth. Just look at Mazda's soul red or Lexus' structural blue.

Edited: originally said it's not yellow instead of not orange.

Last edited:

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My wife and I had a "serious" color conversation last night :ROFLMAO: Both coming to a realization that we are going to have to make a final decision in a month or two.

We are down to our top 2 in no particular order being Area 51 (thank you overlanding concept!!) and Cyber Orange.

A real concern of the Cyber Orange is how we perceive it in our heads and how others perceive it. So we made up the below collage for people who are struggling with how they think of CO in their minds. The additional challenge is that CO is a "chameleon" color, which changes drastically based on lighting and in-person/virtual viewing because of the depth and metallic nature.

It is important to us that CO is NOT "smiley face yellow", which you can clearly see it's not (when using a Walmart style smiley, not emoji style smiley).

It is important that we accept the fact that the color can easily be perceived as "the color of a school bus" - because on average it is. No, you can't unsee it - but, in our minds we know our Bronco is not a school bus - so we don't care. No matter how many "short bus" comments we're going to get in the future for it. :rolleyes:

What was most valuable for me in this exercise was to correct my technical understanding of what the definition of "orange" actually is. It is a blend of 2 primary colors, yellow and red. So, really orange is any mix of those 2 with a simple tendency towards "more yellow" or "more red". Cyber Orange is never just yellow, but often it looks darn close to yellow but since it's a blend, it's technically orange.

But CO is NEVER smiley face yellow ;)

From Wikipedia:

"Primary colors (or primary colours) are sets of colors that can be combined to make a useful range of colors. The primary colors are those which cannot be created by mixing other colors in a given color space.

For subtractive combination of colors, as in mixing of pigments or dyes for printing, the CMYK set of primaries is often used. In this system the primary colors are cyan, magenta,and yellow.[1] Other sets include the RYB system of red, yellow, blue, especially used by artists.[2]

For additive combination of colors, as in overlapping projected lights or in television and computer screens, the primary colors normally used are red, green, and blue."
Any of those bottom row shades would be great...might have to wrap

Sponsored

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any of those bottom row shades would be great...might have to wrap
People would say it's to Red then. lol

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish Cyber Orange was more like Lexus, Blazing Carnelian.
images (3).jpeg

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love the pictures and video I see on official Ford content but other pictures I am seeing make the Cyber Orange look a lot more like Yellow. I get that the light and angle can likely change the look but does anyone know what it will actually look like post production?

Internally_Combusted

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy C10
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love the pictures and video I see on official Ford content but other pictures I am seeing make the Cyber Orange look a lot more like Yellow. I get that the light and angle can likely change the look but does anyone know what it will actually look like post production?
It's yellow. The color will have depth and character because it's a tri-coat paint job. In certain light you will see more orange come through but at the end of the day it's definitely yellow. I'm not so sure why this seems surprising to anyone with eyes. It's been clearly yellow in every single image that's been released including the two door with the donut doors.
Sponsored