Cyber Orange Paint Thread

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the pictures and video I see on official Ford content but other pictures I am seeing make the Cyber Orange look a lot more like Yellow. I get that the light and angle can likely change the look but does anyone know what it will actually look like post production?
I looked at it Saturday on a Sport in Tennessee. In the shade, normal light, it is yellow. Not lemon yellow, not Smiley face yellow, but a hint of orange. Very close to School bus yellow. But shiny and brighter than a School bus.
When lit up with sunlight or a flashlight, the pearls pop out on curves and panels directly lit. Looking at an angle gives more of the effect than straight on. It is the nature of Tri-coats.
It has a golden look to it when lit.
IT is a beautiful color but I've owned a couple of yellow vehicles and tire of them within a year or two.
Plus it is absolute hell to match yellow to being with. Add a tri-coat in there and it's even worse.
I like it a lot, just not on my 4 door BL. I think it would be "too much" on a 4 door.
Probably would look outstanding and cheery on a 2 door.
Sponsored

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I looked at it Saturday on a Sport in Tennessee. In the shade, normal light, it is yellow. Not lemon yellow, not Smiley face yellow, but a hint of orange. Very close to School bus yellow. But shiny and brighter than a School bus.
When lit up with sunlight or a flashlight, the pearls pop out on curves and panels directly lit. Looking at an angle gives more of the effect than straight on. It is the nature of Tri-coats.
It has a golden look to it when lit.
IT is a beautiful color but I've owned a couple of yellow vehicles and tire of them within a year or two.
Plus it is absolute hell to match yellow to being with. Add a tri-coat in there and it's even worse.
I like it a lot, just not on my 4 door BL. I think it would be "too much" on a 4 door.
Probably would look outstanding and cheery on a 2 door.
Yep,that is excactly what I’m thinking. I think it looks great on the 2dr ,but not the 4dr at all . Really strange how that work out. Some colors just look better on the 2dr where as other colors look better on the 4dr.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Cyber orange is a chameleon color And definitely not for everybody. I currently live in Michigan and if I wasn’t moving to Hawai’i I would probably get area 51 or velocity blue because of our anemic sun.

914E4F96-0AAD-49F2-AA1D-C463D3C0C3BE.jpeg

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Actual photos of Cyber Orange on the new Mach-E.

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 7.58.17 AM.png
Screenshots_2020-09-06-14-39-34.png
Just wanted to post larger size pics of the original. Note that the first pic quoted above has been stitched together, I believe these individual photos I linked below are higher quality and have better representation of this dynamic, deep and beautiful color. Open them into a new window for a higher resolution full sized pic than the forum displays (at least, for my eyes this helps)

Note that this looks to be in direct and full sun, so the bright yellow parts are giving off a lot lighter color than would be expected in partial sun or low-light situations. Great definition as to where the orange and deep gold hues play off these curvy lines. We won't get quite that display on Bronco with the slab sides, but it will have awesome shift from one side to the other.

mach-e-cyber-orange[1].jpg

cyber orange gt performance.jpg

Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife is anti CO. She really wants A51. A51 wasn't even on my radar until the overland concept build. Seeing both in person I could live with either. I'm a little worried that on a 4 door it will be a little too much yellow/CO. I really hope we get to see a 4 door non-OBX with a MIC top soon.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Jimmy Chin video makes me want this color but I'm going base.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
These are very accurate on my monitor to what I saw in person while taking the pics. The color shifts a lot with lighting. It's more deep golden yellow than orange to me, but I like the color a lot. Even in these two pics the CO was a very different hue.

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread 20200918_203629

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread 20200918_203529

^ This was the most "orange" that the paint sample would get. It loses it's depth/sparkle at this angle and with soft ambient light. Note that it's not a bad thing, it's one of the many ways this color is dynamic and makes it interesting! It was actually a touch deeper/golden/orange than this pic makes it seem, but not by a lot.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Terrible news for all you bee-hotches in the Cyber Orange bandwagon who wanted orange instead of yellow.....

Looks like the damn paint will look Orange sometimes. :(
Grabber Orange is not available on the Mach-E and for all intents and purposes, this should be Cyber Orange. (Plus Iconic Silver and Carbonized Gray in the background)
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread 20201012_183846 (2)

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread 20201012_183846 (1)

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was at Super Cel East and saw the Bronco Sport there live in CO. In real life it is definitely more yellow than orange. Someone here on the forum asked me if it was more Steelers Yellow, Broncos Orange or Texas Burnt orange and it is most close to Steelers yellow - by far.

AaronTV

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Kia Stinger GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious how close Cyber Orange is to Tangerine Scream they used on the Focus ST. If it's the same, I'll probably want it. That color looked great in my opinion.
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_20150402_135904

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm curious how close Cyber Orange is to Tangerine Scream they used on the Focus ST. If it's the same, I'll probably want it. That color looked great in my opinion.
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread IMG_20150402_135904
That's pretty sharp! Would be awesome to get Tangerine Icecream, Grab-her Orange and Cyber School Bus together for a photo-opp and show off the subtle differences.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If offered at base trim I would get this color

06viper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor, 2021 Mclaren 765LT, 1965 Shelby Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m thinking Badlands in either CO or Cactus. CO reminds me of McLaren orange which I think the official name is Papaya.
My 570s is Mclaren Orange. Mclaren orange is a dreamsicle color, Papaya Spark is identical to Mclaren Orange with sparkles and flakes added in the paint. I will attach a couple different pictures of my car so you can see Mclaren Orange from different angles and different lighting. Cyber Orange is much more "yellow" than Mclaren Orange range. I am actually surprised Ford decided to call it Cyber Orange and not Cyber Yellow.

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread 263E8378-ACEC-44AA-AF7F-8CC40869F98C
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread 57192EC7-F1B6-44CE-B3C8-DEDA45D3140C
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread 2ED22183-B69D-42D4-B790-32D7278F6FF1
Sponsored