Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just wanted to share these specific snips to show how a tri-coat when done over a metallic base can have incredible depth and a broad spectrum of color output depending on the lighting and situation.

The devil is in the details, and you cannot beat a tri-coat from the factory for it's diverse presentation. When people were complaining it looked to be a school bus, they were not appreciating the spectrum this color will present to the owner.

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread 1604597480574

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread 1604597509863

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread 1604597527356

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread 1604597545655

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread 1604597674947

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread 1604597699427
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just wanted to share these specific snips to show how a tri-coat when done over a metallic base can have incredible depth and a broad spectrum of color output depending on the lighting and situation.

The devil is in the details, and you cannot beat a tri-coat from the factory for it's diverse presentation. When people were complaining it looked to be a school bus, they were not appreciating the spectrum this color will present to the owner.

This isn't my colour at all but comparing it to a Cat dozer does it a disservice.

Imagine how amazing a Cat dozer would look in this colour?! That big shovel of metallic flake catching the light? That would be a hell of a machine.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks kind of amazing. I bet it would look awesome in the Florida sun.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That looks kind of amazing. I bet it would look awesome in the Florida sun.
Oh yea, bet that CO will really POP in your sunshine!

Remembering that we haven't seen CO in the flesh yet, and taking into consideration that it's a higher cost paint option than Rapid Red (for some reason, must be materials cost?), i'm confident you can hit up any Ford dealer nearby and look at Rapid Red in person to get an idea for what CO will do in your area.

Here in Seattle Rapid Red is essentially a metallic red bordering on burgundy most of the time. But when the sun comes out once a month it explodes with a ton of candy red sparkle. A guess is that CO will be mostly "orange" here, but have that beautiful golden yellow sparkle on the sunny days. Obviously Florida will present differently. I was really enjoying looking at even pedestrian colors when visiting Florida last year. All that sunshine gives every car it's full compliment to the paint!

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks Rick! I love your explanations of color..
I’m leaning towards the ole orange ? paint...
Love how it plays with the light..

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh yea, bet that CO will really POP in your sunshine!

Remembering that we haven't seen CO in the flesh yet, and taking into consideration that it's a higher cost paint option than Rapid Red (for some reason, must be materials cost?), i'm confident you can hit up any Ford dealer nearby and look at Rapid Red in person to get an idea for what CO will do in your area.

Here in Seattle Rapid Red is essentially a metallic red bordering on burgundy most of the time. But when the sun comes out once a month it explodes with a ton of candy red sparkle. A guess is that CO will be mostly "orange" here, but have that beautiful golden yellow sparkle on the sunny days. Obviously Florida will present differently. I was really enjoying looking at even pedestrian colors when visiting Florida last year. All that sunshine gives every car it's full compliment to the paint!
I am putting this color on my list now. My truck is lightning blue, so I was planning on getting velocity blue.

My husband's truck is race red, I think. It's very bright in the sun.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am putting this color on my list now. My truck is lightning blue, so I was planning on getting velocity blue.

My husband's truck is race red, I think. It's very bright in the sun.
That's a pretty strange coincidence. My GF's Ranger is Lightning Blue, and Race Red is the color i'm leaning towards as CG isn't appearing to be what I had hoped for.

This isn't the right thread to post different color images, but if you have Lightning Blue now, I can't imagine you liking Velocity Blue as much if they sat side by side compared to if you didn't have Lightning Blue in the garage.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang... now CO is back in play... CO... VB... CO...

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have CO on my list based on the user pics from the truck in Ontario this week. They show the depth of color and sparkle that Rick described so well in his posting. I am sad that just about every CO pic on trucks that we have seen to date have looked really flat. Going back to the gas cans, it really does have the pop.
I thought I finally had it with Iconic, but now there are two again...
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread Bronco Outer Banks Cyber Orange 4 Door 15

Sponsored

b-diggity

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here’s a picture and a video that I was able to get while at the Moab 4x4 Expo. Up close in the sun it has a lot more depth than most of the pictures I’ve seen show. Taken on an iPhone 11 Pro with no editing to the picture or the video.

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread 759554F5-A4B1-4E95-83CC-DC513D812516

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really need to see a Squatched 4-door Badlands in CO; in person. Why? Because I am torn.

At first I was dead-set on CO, but the Greyish top issue has me concerned. Also, despite those gorgeous photos of CO above, while nice, the depth shown isnt exactly what I was expecting... I'm not sure I want a Bronco that looks "candied", for lack of a better word.

AaronTV

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Kia Stinger GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Video of Bronco Sport (Badlands) in Cyber Orange. Video is over saturated but this does seem very similar to Tangerine Scream from the Focus ST of several years back. I like it...Either this or Shadow Black on a 2 door obx for me.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Much to my surprise - there isn't a "Official Cyber Orange" paint thread yet! A second thoughts thread, but hey true Cyber Orange fans don't have second thoughts! :LOL: I will say that I'm not 100% decided on CO yet, but it's currently my #1.

Pulled the first pic off a video, the second two off IG. Those night photos make it look quite yellow. I started wanting Cyber Orange a couple months ago. After a while I was drawn to Cactus grey, but that faded. Area 51 became my preference with the Overland videos and pictures. About a week ago I realized that Cyber Orange was pulling me back in like a massive gas giant. Nothing is going to shine and throw light like this color with metallic flake and glossy clear coat. It's a future icon!

My daughters want C.O. and since they'll grow up in our 4Dr Badlands, decision made!

Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread Cyber Orange 2Dr Concept
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread Screenshot_20201114-075017
Ford Bronco Cyber Orange Paint Thread Screenshot_20201114-075157

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In ,the first picture that top looks like a Black MIC compared to glossy black painted. Anybody else see the same thing or am I just looking at this incorrectly?
Sponsored