David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The one I picked up came from a badlands sas. That was in an accident. I have not opened it up yet to check it out but was told debris were found in the fluid and they just swapped it out. Was told to treat it like a core the case is not harmed. I have not taken a meter to the coil yet to see if the locking actuator(magnetic coil) is still good. I’ve been on 37’s for 20k miles. Still can get near 20mpg on freeway depending on conditions usually 18.5. Done some moderate off roading. My wife complains about tire spin even on dry pavement so I’m hesitant to up the gearing but understand why some would want too. This is about as crazy as I get except for windrock trips I don’t have those photos on my phone on the bottom pic what you can’t see is it’s a little more than 3’ drop off.
Your Bronco looks nice with the 37's.
I think there is plenty of power to handle the 4.27.
Let me know what brand ring and pinion set you end up buying or maybe you can find the dana set.
I installed the 33.5's before I drove it off the dealer lot and maybe got 18 MPG on the freeway sometimes. Have added a lot of accessories and I think my mileage is around 16 now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DRC

DRC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone thinking about re-gearing a M210 to 4.27 Ratio.
Dana list the part number 10104510 for the gear set.
On the DanaAftermarket website it shows out of stock until May 2024.
Doesn't mean that Dana will have it then, does it?
Searched other manufacturers such as Eaton, Yukon, Motive and they don't list a 4.27 ratio.
May not be able to do this for lack of parts.