First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi all, I’m brand new to the Bronco community. Just bought a 2024 Big Bend and absolutely love it! I’m very intrigued with the dash cams, but wanted to know your thoughts & recommendations. Which ones are the best? Thanks!
Sponsored

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I personally use Ring car dash cam and I absolutely love it. It acts as a dash cam and a security camera for your car as well so pretty much it has 2 cameras, one pointing towards the road and the other points towards the inside of the car (which you can close) it automatically records when you start driving and once you’re parked let’s say if someone backs into you, tries to open your door, gets too close to your car, breaks into your car, etc, it automatically starts recording and sends you a disturbance notification. I’ve had it for more than a year and I really love it. It might be on back order but I’ll drop the link below so you can read more about it. Other stores like Home Depot might have them in stock every now and then that’s where I bought mine from. Let me know if you want pictures of mine I’d be more than happy to share.

https://ring.com/products/car-cam

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All of my cars have Thinkware F200 Pros.
It's not 4K but still good image quality. Haven't had any issues with any of them. Usually ~$160 on Amazon, comes with a 32GB card.

For the rear camera, double-sided tape doesn't like to stick to the plastics. I 3d printed a bigger bracket so the camera isn't affected by removing the top.

Protip: if you put a little black vinyl decal material where you mount the camera, it looks much better than exposed tape

Ford Bronco Dash Cam large_display_6b49bdc7-757f-40a0-b268-3c9fb56f8870

Rear, no top

Ford Bronco Dash Cam large_display_877d95aa-d915-40ff-80fe-8f8ca42ec4bf

Rear, top

Ford Bronco Dash Cam Screenshot_20240304-092306

Oracal 651 vinyl, cut using a credit card as a template, to hide the double sided tape

Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All of my cars have Thinkware F200 Pros.
It's not 4K but still good image quality. Haven't had any issues with any of them. Usually ~$160 on Amazon, comes with a 32GB card.

For the rear camera, double-sided tape doesn't like to stick to the plastics. I 3d printed a bigger bracket so the camera isn't affected by removing the top.

Protip: if you put a little black vinyl decal material where you mount the camera, it looks much better than exposed tape

Rear, no top

Rear, top

Oracal 651 vinyl, cut using a credit card as a template, to hide the double sided tape
Where did you run the power for the front camera?

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

StickerFab

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stickerfab.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / 2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
BlackVue

First my unbiased pick. A dashcam that I don't sell currently, but I have been using for ages.

I have a 4k Front / Rear setup on our Bronco Raptor. Have had various models through the years on various vehicles. Never really let me down. Great for catching wrecks, funny events that happen around your vehicle, and fun things like offroading!

With the Bronco and wireless Carplay, to connect to this dash cam and other WiFi cams, disconnect Bluetooth and then connect via WiFi or the Bronco will fight to get back that connection.

-------------------

FitcamX

The OE style choice would be FitcamX which sells pretty well. If you're doing a front setup and have a mid package Bronco or above you can just use the plug and play mirror tap. I usually just recommend front only for soft top owners. Just going to be a little harder mounting the rear camera.

This is the kind of camera you can get up and going in no time.

There is a parking mode add on. It's impact sensitive. Doesn't have full time recording capability like a Blackvue. Also 4K / image quality will not be as good as the Blackvue but usable.

------------------

Wolfbox

Now the one I might switch out to. Wolfbox which we are starting to offer as well. I don't think the camera will match the Blackvue, but it's good and usable.

Had to run my friend up to the airport this morning (usually just drive in and around town). Not be able to see the car behind me at all is kind of annoying. I couldn't tell if someone wanted to pass me or if they were just following me. Got over and they just dropped back. Guess they were letting me lead the way. Just couldn't see them.

Wolfbox being the digital rear view camera / dashcam.

-----------------------

Not my thread so I'm not linking. You can find these products on our site and many others. Stocking all versions of FitcamX and G900 Wolfbox with hardwire kit.

All of that being said, I wish I had more experience with the other higher end manufacturers out there. Blackvue was always so good for me that I didn't continue to look.

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thinking of going with BlackVue DR970X-Box-Plus because the actual cameras are very small and easier to hide, with a remote box holding the recording guts. Stealthed cameras is a good thing.
Any experiences with remote cameras to share?

bkirchhoff

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW: '07 328xi, '13 X1, '75 R90/6, '12 R1200GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FitcamX

The OE style choice would be FitcamX which sells pretty well. If you're doing a front setup and have a mid package Bronco or above you can just use the plug and play mirror tap. I usually just recommend front only for soft top owners. Just going to be a little harder mounting the rear camera.

There is a parking mode add on. It's impact sensitive. Doesn't have full time recording capability like a Blackvue. Also 4K / image quality will not be as good as the Blackvue but usable.
I bought one of these from you and I’ve been happy with it so far. Ease of installation and the OEM integration were the reasons I went this way. Rear facing works great with my hard top.

Have only played around with it a bit, but was able to get the video of an unfortunate possum fatality I was a party to the day after I installed it. 😢

Sponsored

Gonzo

Outer Banks
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the Wolfbox and the image is spectacular. HAs front and rear cameras. It attaches to the existing rear view mirror, which is probably my only complaint (Wish it replaced the entire piece). Otherwise, I am very happy with it.

StickerFab

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stickerfab.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / 2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How do folks prevent their battery from being depleted during parking modes?

OP
OP

Broncob Lindenmuth

Big Bend
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bought one of these from you and I’ve been happy with it so far. Ease of installation and the OEM integration were the reasons I went this way. Rear facing works great with my hard top.

Have only played around with it a bit, but was able to get the video of an unfortunate possum fatality I was a party to the day after I installed it. 😢
BlackVue

First my unbiased pick. A dashcam that I don't sell currently, but I have been using for ages.

I have a 4k Front / Rear setup on our Bronco Raptor. Have had various models through the years on various vehicles. Never really let me down. Great for catching wrecks, funny events that happen around your vehicle, and fun things like offroading!

With the Bronco and wireless Carplay, to connect to this dash cam and other WiFi cams, disconnect Bluetooth and then connect via WiFi or the Bronco will fight to get back that connection.

-------------------

FitcamX

------------------

Wolfbox

Now the one I might switch out to. Wolfbox which we are starting to offer as well. I don't think the camera will match the Blackvue, but it's good and usable.

Had to run my friend up to the airport this morning (usually just drive in and around town). Not be able to see the car behind me at all is kind of annoying. I couldn't tell if someone wanted to pass me or if they were just following me. Got over and they just dropped back. Guess they were letting me lead the way. Just couldn't see them.

Wolfbox being the digital rear view camera / dashcam.

-----------------------

Not my thread so I'm not linking. You can find these products on our site and many others. Stocking all versions of FitcamX and G900 Wolfbox with hardwire kit.

All of that being said, I wish I had more experience with the other higher end manufacturers out there. Blackvue was always so good for me that I didn't continue to look.
Thanks for the recommendations! For the Fitcamx, if I want to take the top off on a hardtop, is it difficult, is that even possible?

bkirchhoff

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW: '07 328xi, '13 X1, '75 R90/6, '12 R1200GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the recommendations! For the Fitcamx, if I want to take the top off on a hardtop, is it difficult, is that even possible?
It looks easier than I expected. You will have to unplug the rear camera first, but as long as you are careful where you attach the cable running from the front camera back to the rear, it will be relatively simple. Attach it to the roof panel in the back and it will all come out as one. And I attached it to the body under the front panels so I can take those off anytime without interference.

I will note — the clips to hold the wire in place have weak 3M tape holding them on and those didn’t stay in place for more than a few days for me. I got some gaffer’s tape and used that to better secure the wire. It’s black and taped to the roof behind the body panels. You don’t see it at all. And gaffer’s take won’t hurt the body panels. It’s designed to come off clean (unlike duct tape or other similar tapes).
Sponsored