First Name
Elbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I personally use Ring car dash cam and I absolutely love it. It acts as a dash cam and a security camera for your car as well so pretty much it has 2 cameras, one pointing towards the road and the other points towards the inside of the car (which you can close) it automatically records when you start driving and once you’re parked let’s say if someone backs into you, tries to open your door, gets too close to your car, breaks into your car, etc, it automatically starts recording and sends you a disturbance notification. I’ve had it for more than a year and I really love it. It might be on back order but I’ll drop the link below so you can read more about it. Other stores like Home Depot might have them in stock every now and then that’s where I bought mine from. Let me know if you want pictures of mine I’d be more than happy to share.

https://ring.com/products/car-cam
is there a rear camera ring dash cam?
Sponsored

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

is there a rear camera ring dash cam?
There isn’t and unfortunately they actually just discontinued the whole ring dash cam for the time being I just found out about it from another member here

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@PEGB , your fear is very real and a great reason for a dash cam.

OP, you can always tap into the rear view mirror power via Dongar Adapter. They even have a bundle with a Garmin dash cam. Probably not a solution if you are looking for a cam with a parking mode but a very simple solution for just a front driving cam.

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wolfbox looks amazingly similar to Autovox...
Simular, but the front camera is built into the mirror, so takes less space up. I've been happy with mine, and the recordings.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use my BlackSys that I've had in various cars over the years. HD F/R. Low profile and cant see it behind the camera with a big 'ol event button. Dont plan on replacing it until it breaks. Then I might get one of them fancy ones that sends me notifications.

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is a ton of anti Chinese sentiment on this board, still I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the Viofo A139 pro dual channel. 4k Starvis 2 sensor in the front, 1080P in the back. Less than 1/2 the cost of most comparable options mentioned here. Thinnest RF cables, which you will appreciate very much when you need to run them through the A pillar. Parking mode, G sensor, battery protector,the works. Yes the app is crappy, but do you really need the app? Watch the YT videos benchmarking it against the Blackvue and others, particularly at night.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally use Ring car dash cam and I absolutely love it. It acts as a dash cam and a security camera for your car as well so pretty much it has 2 cameras, one pointing towards the road and the other points towards the inside of the car (which you can close) it automatically records when you start driving and once you’re parked let’s say if someone backs into you, tries to open your door, gets too close to your car, breaks into your car, etc, it automatically starts recording and sends you a disturbance notification. I’ve had it for more than a year and I really love it. It might be on back order but I’ll drop the link below so you can read more about it. Other stores like Home Depot might have them in stock every now and then that’s where I bought mine from. Let me know if you want pictures of mine I’d be more than happy to share.

https://ring.com/products/car-cam
I have the Ring Car Cam too; got it last February.

Although not perfect and until you download a video, it’s low quality, but can’t argue that it mostly works.

If you drive the car regularly, it’ll stay operable, but if you let your vehicle sit for days, it shuts off to save your battery.

The shock sensor is why I purchased it and that works very well, almost too well as storms set it off, which means I get disturbance notifications, but that’s not a big deal to me.

Then there’s Ring/Amazon’s reputation for using your data, which is pretty questionable, but I have a Ring doorbell, so don’t care really. Also, my subscription is fairly cheap at like $50 per year I think, which was nothing for peace of mind.

Too bad they stopped selling it.

To get a good Thinkware or other similar cam, install a battery, then pay the LTE fee for instant notificaitons, you’re talking at least $600 plus the data fee. If you live in a high crime area, sure, go for it. Otherwise, depends on how much it’s worth to you.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a Fitcamx a few months ago and have been very happy with it. You can see the lens above my radar detector in this picture (Looks OEM). Also, ignore the wiring... I've been too lazy to pipe/clean it up... so I expect it'll get some use when someone busts through the window or cuts my soft top for that radar detector.

Ford Bronco Dash Cam 1709823459734

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Simular, but the front camera is built into the mirror, so takes less space up. I've been happy with mine, and the recordings.
The one I had on Mt Focus ST was a complete mirror replacement with electronic rear view mirror.
Sponsored