Sponsored

Dealer has mannequin won't let people test drive it...

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are no mileage limitations on TCTP vehicles. Dealers have to keep them for 7 months before they can sell them.

Ford FCTP.jpeg
The UPDATED version of this document reduced it to 6 months. But yea - no min/max mileage for any of the vehicles.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you blow gaskets in a 1 year old super duty with 65k miles, your local Ford dealer will work with you on price if you bought from them. Want a loaner? Those are at the expense of the dealer. Don’t expect one if you didn’t buy from them. We buy all of our vehicles from the dealer and have done so for years. There is value in having a good relationship with your local Ford dealer.
I get loaners at plenty of dealers, none of which I bought my cars from. They give you loaners so they can take their time with the repair and if they don’t get your car done quickly, thanks you aren’t without a car and can’t complain. It’s a CYA thing rather than a loyalty thing.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Technically they’re following the rules that Ford set. Besides the 10k adm.
You are correct. My concern if I were taking this approach would be making the assumption an undriven, one model year old vehicle will be able to hold that price when it's able to come out of the program 7 months from now. You can say the vehicle and addendum for accessories will but I have doubts the ADM will hold up. Personally, I don't agree with ADM and don't think Ford likes it either but it's been a part of the industry, with all makes, for a looooooong time. Each dealer has to decide how they do business based on their market, expectations of the owners as well as short and long term goals.

If by using the FCTP as a demo helps me sell 6 units I might not have if folks couldn't drive one, it makes sense to get the order now than bet on market prices holding months from now. We actually have several folks with reservations in 99 status until they can literally sit in one and drive it.

Sponsored

Get2Zchoppa

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Dodge Super Bee, 72 Plymouth Road Runner GTX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get it. 6 months to sell keep miles low Maybe a part of me was hoping to get in being a holder but obviously from another dealer. They should probably take it off autotrader then.
Shorkey Ford will let you drive their 2 door basesquatch

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why some of these dealers have to be assholes is beyond me. They're in business to make $$$$ but they have to be assholes to the customers

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The start of this thread is kind of comical in regards to the original post. You state that they told you its the owners Bronco. so..... its not a mannequin...... and its someones personal vehicle? And you are upset he is restricting who he lets drive HIS car? For those whose dealers wont let anyone test drive, sorry to hear. in less than a week i think ours hit 1000 miles. OP needs to make sure he volunteers his Bronco out for anyone to test drive at any time since he doest like the owner not letting people who dont have reservations with them driving his PERSONAL vehicle. Find a dealer who will let you drive their actual mannequin vehicle, and go drive it.

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How much are you guys paying to take it for a couple days?
My dealer said they were doing the same. And then got back to me that it was actually $99/night to 'rent' it, with a 4 night minimum. Totally insane. And they won't let their reservation holders drive it at all. Honestly, it makes me want to move my order to a different dealership and be like well, tough shit, you shouldn't have tried to charge me $400+tax for a "test drive". If they were putting it toward my order, sure? But they're not.
Was this the owner's Bronco or a demo unit?? If it's meant to be the demo unit, I'd be calling Ford Corporate to let them know they were withholding a demo unit from reservation holders.. Which is who they're MEANT FOR.

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Perhaps it is the owners Bronco and not a mannequin. Gave himself a priority order (BS program) like most of the other dealers in the country.
The fact that priority orders are being used as a sales mechanism pisses me off. Priority ordering for dealers is not supposed to be a channel for dealers getting inventory to sell.

Those Broncos should be going to reservation holders or should be kept to being only a personal vehicle for the owner.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
that's cool and all but I'm saving over $3k off MSRP shopping out of state which allowed me to bump up a trim level and remain on budget. A test drive isn't worth that.
Travelling 12 hours round trip minimum from Virginia and associated logistics cost is not worth a few thousand to me. 40 minutes round trip, and travel costs of $8, much better in my book.

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was this the owner's Bronco or a demo unit?? If it's meant to be the demo unit, I'd be calling Ford Corporate to let them know they were withholding a demo unit from reservation holders.. Which is who they're MEANT FOR.
Oh it’s a demo. They even said so when we were at the dealership. I left a grumpy comment on their Facebook post about having a bronco for sale “soon”. But maybe I’ll forward their email telling us we had to pay to drive it to @Ford Motor Company CS as well.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Travelling 12 hours round trip minimum from Virginia and associated logistics cost is not worth a few thousand to me. 40 minutes round trip, and travel costs of $8, much better in my book.
cool, I'm glad you're happy with your purchase decision as I am with mine. The savings are worth it to me to jump through a hoop for a couple days.

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh it’s a demo. They even said so when we were at the dealership. I left a grumpy comment on their Facebook post about having a bronco for sale “soon”. But maybe I’ll forward their email telling us we had to pay to drive it to @Ford Motor Company CS as well.
Absolutely forward the email and if you have the time, call Ford Corporate and tell them (https://corporate.ford.com/contact.html). Ford can't be letting dealerships be getting away with crap like this.
Sponsored