Sponsored

Dealer refund of deposit, but still order still on?

hammer_head

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a quick search so forgive me if I’ve missed a thread on this. I just got an email from Ford, actually my Ford dealer, saying that my hundred dollar deposit was refunded. I emailed my dealer and he said that was for the bronco order, and that my “order is still being processed and is in the works”.

Can anybody confirm that this is how Ford is handling it so I don’t have to sit here and sheer panic wondering whether my order just dropped through the floor and no longer in exists?
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did a quick search so forgive me if I’ve missed a thread on this. I just got an email from Ford, actually my Ford dealer, saying that my hundred dollar deposit was refunded. I emailed my dealer and he said that was for the bronco order, and that my “order is still being processed and is in the works”.

Can anybody confirm that this is how Ford is handling it so I don’t have to sit here and sheer panic wondering whether my order just dropped through the floor and no longer in exists?
Makes no sense.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Were there any unique circumstances with your order, such as dealer change at some point?

Ford certainly hasn't refunded all of our deposits as standard practice while keeping our orders for us

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Canada did it this way. Once reservation was converted our deposit was automatically refunded to us. Maybe your dealer has it set up that way too.

johnston.zach

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Did you change dealers from your first reservation? I was refunded after I moved and didn't need to put anything down.

Sponsored

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put the $100 down last July and another $1000 to place order in January. The $100 was just credited to my account with the $1000.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you switch dealers recently? That's the only way I've heard of people getting their $100 refunded.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Makes no sense.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hooper

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan rogue, have reservation for new bronco 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is also What I was told from Ford when I switched dealers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
hammer_head

hammer_head

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you switch dealers recently? That's the only way I've heard of people getting their $100 refunded.
No, no change at all. The only thing I did was I talked to a couple of other dealers prior to placing my order before Mar 19. My order remained with the same dealership I placed my day 3 reservation with. I feel like at this point I need (and will) call the Ford Bronco marketing team to inquire... I can tell this just isn't normal based on the fact that nobody really talking about it.

Reactions: abe

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might want to verify that your Ford.com account shows the reservation is now an order (and has the same 101xxxxx number), just to make sure your dealer linked it to your reservation and not as a walk-in order.

OP
OP
hammer_head

hammer_head

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might want to verify that your Ford.com account shows the reservation is now an order (and has the same 101xxxxx number), just to make sure your dealer linked it to your reservation and not as a walk-in order.
Appreciate the insight. I'll be calling them in a few, but this is what my dashboard shows under my reservations.

Screen_Shot_2021-05-11_at_12_19_37_PM_copy.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
hammer_head

hammer_head

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, the Bronco reservation team said it is at the discretion of the dealer as to if they put that $100 towards the purchase or refund it. She said sometimes the dealer will do this when the vehicle moves into production. That said, I have yet to get the 'email' that I am moving into production but hoping this means it is coming soon... She did verify that my order is still intact and that my order is still with my dealer. So the waiting game continues on.
Sponsored