'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Read the article here

tldr or to lazy to read the article:
Dealer marks-up Mach-E 10k
Auto "influencer" tweets about
Ford get them to remove the ADM

I wonder what kind of pressure was applied to the dealership to get them to remove the mark-up? And how I would have loved to listen in on that conversation. I am not, however, holding my breath for Ford to step in and help protect future Bronco owners from unscrupulous dealership mark-ups. But it is nice to recognize Mike L for doing some good after all the grief he gets from us here on 6G.
Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Read the article here

I wonder what kind of pressure was applied to the dealership to get them to remove the mark-up? And how I would have loved to listen in on that conversation. I am not, however, holding my breath for Ford to step in and help protect future Bronco owners from unscrupulous dealership mark-ups. But it is nice to recognize Mike L for doing some good after all the grief he gets from us here on 6G.
This has to be making some Ford dealers apprehensive

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Read the article here

It’s simple. Dealer marks it up. Don’t buy it. Eventually they’ll drop markup when they’re not selling.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Read the article here

Yeah, that story keeps popping up on my news feed. It could prompt some dealerships to back off the ridiculous markups on the Bronco, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

This kind of reminds me of the last days of Blockbuster and what we're seeing right now with cable companies. They see the end is near and they're trying to squeeze every last dollar they can out of their victims - I mean customers. The Internet and social media has changed car buying forever, and the dishonest dealership dinosaurs are facing extinction.

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, that story keeps popping up on my news feed. It could prompt some dealerships to back off the ridiculous markups on the Bronco, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

This kind of reminds me of the last days of Blockbuster and what we're seeing right now with cable companies. They see the end is near and they're trying to squeeze every last dollar they can out of their victims - I mean customers. The Internet and social media has changed car buying forever, and the dishonest dealership dinosaurs are facing extinction.

Yep my original dealer was giving me the runaround saying that the MSRP isn't really the real price and to expect a small markup. Literally found a dealer down the road from them offering 2k off, free oil changes, and accessory installations. I tried to allow them to counter offer and he told me that they were lying and that Ford told them they are not allowed to give discounts. I cant wait till I can just order a car from a manufacturer and not deal with dinosaurs

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The current dealership model is ridiculous. Last week I went in to sign my order and I was amazed at the abundance of wasted human capital. First, it took well over an hours for them to generate the paperwork. Then, overhearing the "games" sales people play with buyers, the song and dance buyers go through with the salespeople, it was akin to listening to singles chatting at a bar. I am also astounded by the lack of professionalism amongst the staff. Basic follow through, email, phone follow up, timeliness and communication. Misc cute 20 something women, 30 something women who look like they used to be cute, grown men wondering around, some with purpose, some aimless and almost leacherous, all with odd and unhappy vibe. It is just an unpleasant experience.

I contrast this with the Carmax model. Cut and dry, sell or don't sell. Buy or don't buy. Same with Carvana.

If the Bronco wasn't such a kick ass vehicle, no way I buy a new car from a dealership. I would go Carvana, Carmax, or use and auto broker to find exactly what I want.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

it is a bit aggravating but I'm more pissed at the stupid consumer. My local dealer as a 5k Adm on all their Rangers, Bronco Sports, and probably a few other 2021 models...but these people are continuing to buy from them and so they have no reason to stop.

Serious people? Some simple research and you'll find those vehicles discounted within a 100miles.

Admittedly if it were not for this board, I would not have been able to find a Cali dealer that was not ripping off their customers but still... Hell when you Google 2021 Bronco, Bronco6G almost always shows in the results.
Sponsored