Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD 4D 2.7 ,2020 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi All,

Build and History: July 14 reservation with a BD, MIC, Non-SAS, tow, w 2.7.

Story: I reordered my bronco after being carried over to 2022. My 2021 order did have the roof rack. My dealer asked me if I wanted to elect to make any changes, for which I declined. Come about a month later in November my build is scheduled for the week of Jan 17. When I preview my order, I noticed the display lacked the roof rack and this is followed up in the window sticker and build details. After finding this, I asked the dealer and he showed me the email to rep, where it explicitly says not to make any changes to order. My best guess is the rep missed it in the order and now its to late to be added.

My question is simple, Has anyone had an issue even remotely like this, and how did you resolve it?

I havent got much feedback other then sorry from the dealer or the Bronco hotline. I am not thrilled with the prospect of paying what could be a 1500 dollars in parts for a rack that costs 350 when added from the factory. That is when it eventually is added to the catalog.
Sponsored

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All,

Build and History: July 14 reservation with a BD, MIC, Non-SAS, tow, w 2.7.

Story: I reordered my bronco after being carried over to 2022. My 2021 order did have the roof rack. My dealer asked me if I wanted to elect to make any changes, for which I declined. Come about a month later in November my build is scheduled for the week of Jan 17. When I preview my order, I noticed the display lacked the roof rack and this is followed up in the window sticker and build details. After finding this, I asked the dealer and he showed me the email to rep, where it explicitly says not to make any changes to order. My best guess is the rep missed it in the order and now its to late to be added.
Can't help you with resolution but I can tell you that the exact same thing happened to me. Dealer submitted order unchanged and the roof rack didn't carry over to the 2022 order. I caught it before I got my VIN but wonder if it's an issue with the system.

Edit: also, assume they'll be some nice aftermarket roof racks, especially since certain build combinations did not allow a roof rack even if you wanted one.

Last edited:

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mistakes happen, and in this environment with Bronco scheduling, personally I would just be happy to have my Bronco scheduled and mostly correct. Who knows, maybe no roof-rack helped you get scheduled anyway.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't you order one aftermarket? Seems like a minor item and wouldn't let it ruin my day.

OP
OP
KillerKwall

KillerKwall

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can't you order one aftermarket? Seems like a minor item and wouldn't let it ruin my day.
You can, at the cost of around the $1800. There is really about 3 options at this point. Cheapest is $600 the most expensive is $1800. The average is $1200.

You can also pony $1800 dollars to Ford for parts, which is is $1400 premium from ordering from the factory.

Sponsored
First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor/2018 Jeep Wrangler/2021 CVO RG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You can, at the cost of around the $1800. There is really about 3 options at this point. Cheapest is $600 the most expensive is $1800. The average is $1200.

You can also pony $1800 dollars to Ford for parts, which is is $1400 premium from ordering from the factory.
Maybe you can split the cost with the dealer or at least get it at cost?

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't realize it was that much more expensive. There has to be less expensive aftermarket bars.

OP
OP
KillerKwall

KillerKwall

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mistakes happen, and in this environment with Bronco scheduling, personally I would just be happy to have my Bronco scheduled and mostly correct. Who knows, maybe no roof-rack helped you get scheduled anyway.
Its hard to just shrug off "Mistake Happen" when your talking about a near 50k vehicle that has been delayed for near 2 years. In paticular in this case, were talking about a set of parts which is added seperatly by the mod shop and could easily be remedied at the dealer.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would discuss the financial impact of their mistake and see if they’ll go about making it right through equivalent accessories and installation or take $1k off the agreed to price, extended warranty, free nitrogen for your tires (I kid), etc. They should be able to do something for you.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IIRC - the Ford rack is priced at $825. It has a part # but there is no inventory right now.

Red_blazer

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I caught it when I saw it on the website. My dealer told me that the roof racks didn’t carry over automatically in the system.

D0E9120A-19F4-432D-9203-CDAD9D34CDBD.jpeg
Sponsored