Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone found out can we order the roof rack after delivery on the badlands v6, it wouldn’t let me add it to my order, I’ve read it’s because of weight restrictions but it’s part off the reason why I’m buying a bronco in the first place, I watched the bronco nation hard top removal video, I see it said accessory ready on the windshield of that bronco , will all broncos have that?
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only reason I am ordering mine with the roof rack is because I’m worried it will be difficult to get afterwards. I expect it to be back ordered from all the 4-door owners that couldn’t get it because of the Sasquatch Package.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You’re good until 2023. That’s when Google takes over your vehicle and won’t allow you to start it until you remove the excess weight. 😳

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm waiting to see what aftermarket options come out. I don't need a roof rack very often but would like to have one. I will have my bikes on the back of the bronco.

I currently keep them on the roof of my 2004 escape no boundaries edition. A unique rack that slides from the rear to the roof. This kind of rack should exist still.
Ford Bronco Ordering roof rack after delivery on badlands v6 20200111_162917

Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waiting to see what aftermarket options come out. I don't need a roof rack very often but would like to have one. I will have my bikes on the back of the bronco.

I currently keep them on the roof of my 2004 escape no boundaries edition. A unique rack that slides from the rear to the roof. This kind of rack should exist still.
Ford Bronco Ordering roof rack after delivery on badlands v6 20200111_162917
Aren't some of you worried if aftermarket companies will even make a compatible roof rack for the 2021 models? Wouldn't they have to make a special design just for this single year due to Ford changing the setup in 2022? Maybe I am over thinking this and the design changes are minimal allowing one design to work across several model years. Hopefully the latter.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aren't some of you worried if aftermarket companies will even make a compatible roof rack for the 2021 models? Wouldn't they have to make a special design just for this single year due to Ford changing the setup in 2022? Maybe I am over thinking this and the design changes are minimal allowing one design to work across several model years. Hopefully the latter.
Good point.

Yes hopefully the latter but I wouldn't count on it. If I had big plans for the roof on my 2021 I'd be a little worried.

But for me, the only thing I ever put on the roof was bikes. I'll never do that now. It's too high. They are going on the hitch now.

I'm still trying to even begin to guess what changes will be made. How can the center of gravity be lowered without a major change?
Sponsored