Sponsored

Dealer says they can't change my order (or don't know how) ...?

LightningLou

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus ST, 1999 Ford Lightning, 2000 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soo... I was late to the party and placed my Bronco order on February 18th, 2022. I met this Ford salesman last weekend at a dealership up in Glendale, AZ who is also a Bronco owner, and told him about my order which is a EG BL non-sas 2.7 with MIC, 332a, with modular front bumper. He told me if I can live without the modular bumper, to take it off my order, as there is literally none in the Ford inventory and they are causing a huge delay and all his order holders with the modular bumper keep getting pushed back and unscheduled. Not sure if this is 100% true or not and just based off the modular bumper, but he seemed pretty adamant on this... Anyways, I saw a BL at this dealership with a capable bumper and thought they looked much better in person, along with the addition of the fog-lights that would be a pretty nice option to have from the factory.

Anyways, long story short, I go to the dealership I ordered my Bronco from and told them I'd like to take the modular bumper off in hopes of maybe expediting my order a bit and dropping the cost down a bit, as it was an accessory I was willing to part with if it meant I could get my Bronco a little sooner. To my surprise, it jumped the order up about $2k on the MSRP and new printed DORA! I am assuming this is from the mid-year price increase, but I thought I was price protected at least through MY22-MY22.5. They could not understand why, and I am not sure if Ford cuts owners checks for the difference of original order stored in SMARTVINCENT once their orders arrive or not, since apparently their system cannot differentiate between a MY22 order and MY22.5. I told them forget it then, just leave the bumper on and we'll precede with the original order. They said they would call their "rep" and get back to me. Crickets for two days and finally get this response, "Hi Louis I just spoke with the dealer rep and she's recommending you don't change anything cause it might drop you out of line, so to leave everything like it is." Also, they told me Ford charges an $800+ processing fee separate from their dealer fee or $499 or whatever which is why the price is always higher on the online Ford build and price tool. That's news to me that I was unaware of and slightly pissed to hear! When I originally placed my order, they said the final price would be the signed DORA MSRP+tax+$499 dealer fee. Now they are telling me Ford taxes an additional $800+ processing fee on their end?! The destination and delivery is already included at $1495. What the hell is this other charge they are describing?

From everything I'm reading it would seem I am price protected and making a small change like this to my order should not affect my priority or place in line or anything as it is not a major package. Is this true that I would lose my original MSRP price protection and/or place in line if I only removed the modular bumper?? Would I have to sign the new DORA that reflects the price increase, but Ford would cut me a check later for the price difference of my original order prior to the mid-year price increase? Slightly confused here, but my dealer seems to be as well.

Any further insight on this would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any changes made to an order will reflect the current pricing. The system doesn't have different pricing structures for those who are price protected and those who are not. Search for the PP flow chart for more info about who is protected and what changes to an order can impact pp. Also, I never heard of this $800 Ford processing fee and sounds like a way to get them to make a few extra bucks of you.

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Soo... I was late to the party and placed my Bronco order on February 18th, 2022. I met this Ford salesman last weekend at a dealership up in Glendale, AZ who is also a Bronco owner, and told him about my order which is a EG BL non-sas 2.7 with MIC, 332a, with modular front bumper. He told me if I can live without the modular bumper, to take it off my order, as there is literally none in the Ford inventory and they are causing a huge delay and all his order holders with the modular bumper keep getting pushed back and unscheduled. Not sure if this is 100% true or not and just based off the modular bumper, but he seemed pretty adamant on this... Anyways, I saw a BL at this dealership with a capable bumper and thought they looked much better in person, along with the addition of the fog-lights that would be a pretty nice option to have from the factory.

Anyways, long story short, I go to the dealership I ordered my Bronco from and told them I'd like to take the modular bumper off in hopes of maybe expediting my order a bit and dropping the cost down a bit, as it was an accessory I was willing to part with if it meant I could get my Bronco a little sooner. To my surprise, it jumped the order up about $2k on the MSRP and new printed DORA! I am assuming this is from the mid-year price increase, but I thought I was price protected at least through MY22-MY22.5. They could not understand why, and I am not sure if Ford cuts owners checks for the difference of original order stored in SMARTVINCENT once their orders arrive or not, since apparently their system cannot differentiate between a MY22 order and MY22.5. I told them forget it then, just leave the bumper on and we'll precede with the original order. They said they would call their "rep" and get back to me. Crickets for two days and finally get this response, "Hi Louis I just spoke with the dealer rep and she's recommending you don't change anything cause it might drop you out of line, so to leave everything like it is." Also, they told me Ford charges an $800+ processing fee separate from their dealer fee or $499 or whatever which is why the price is always higher on the online Ford build and price tool. That's news to me that I was unaware of and slightly pissed to hear! When I originally placed my order, they said the final price would be the signed DORA MSRP+tax+$499 dealer fee. Now they are telling me Ford taxes an additional $800+ processing fee on their end?! The destination and delivery is already included at $1495. What the hell is this other charge they are describing?

From everything I'm reading it would seem I am price protected and making a small change like this to my order should not affect my priority or place in line or anything as it is not a major package. Is this true that I would lose my original MSRP price protection and/or place in line if I only removed the modular bumper?? Would I have to sign the new DORA that reflects the price increase, but Ford would cut me a check later for the price difference of my original order prior to the mid-year price increase? Slightly confused here, but my dealer seems to be as well.

Any further insight on this would be much appreciated! Thanks!
I have never heart of an $800 order processing fee. However, any changes that are made after the MY22.5 pricing went in will reflect the new pricing - it is up to your dealer to honor the original price if they WANT to. There is no price protection through Ford for MY22 orders. I changed from MIC to soft top which technically increased my price (because they messed with my order after the pricing increased), however my dealership honored my original order price minus the cost of the hard top.

OP
OP

LightningLou

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus ST, 1999 Ford Lightning, 2000 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay thanks BlueBronco and mgp1 for the replies. So, basically this "Ford" $800 extra processing fee on top of delivery and destination of $1495 is bullshit. Also, sounds like I should just keep the order as is to prevent any weird price spikes or other oddities down the road.

I think I might just take a drive down to the dealer later and see what this new $800 fee is from Ford. I did notice when I used the Ford build and price tool it was more expensive online then when they printed out the DORA, but I wasn't complaining at the time and figured it was maybe just due to the MY22.5 increases that weren't being reflected yet on the dealerships end. Maybe that's what they're referring too? Some extra hidden charge on Fords end that brings up MSRP...? I'm going to try to find some more details and report back.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who is drinking? This is another one of the 'My dealer says' threads.
Sponsored