First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered a 4D Black Diamond but thoroughly convinced that I want to switch to 2D. My dealer said he can't change the order... My impression here is that changes are still possible? ~ I am late reservation so I know for a fact that my order isn't even on the radar. If the dealer doesn't budge, is the next best alternative to take a hit on the deposit + reservation date and just order again?

Follow up: The dealer got back to me today and confirmed that he could make the change! Thanks everyone.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Numerous accounts on hear note that orders can be changed until VIN is assigned. Going to a 2-door may push you back since it is a constraint item. Nothing on here would lead me to believe your dealer is not able to do this. I've changed color and tow packages why not model.

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes you can change your order until the vin is assigned. I'd have them talk to their area rep and I'd talk to Ford customer service.

My dealer was able to make a change but ensure that it goes into the system before Ford assigns you a vin and build week.

Good luck

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The early scuttlebutt was that you could not change the number of doors or series once the deadline had passed. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened. Call Ford customer service and see what they say. If they confirm, then you can cancel your order and try again with a new reservation. If they say the dealer can, you can use that to argue with the dealer.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 2 cents- you will likely have to change your order to a priority code 99 and then change it for a 2dr when the orders open for MY 22. The general info that has been leaked to us was that door changes and series were locked once order has been set. Minor changes are possible but not one of that magnitude likely.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a 4D Black Diamond but thoroughly convinced that I want to switch to 2D. My dealer said he can't change the order... My impression here is that changes are still possible? ~ I am late reservation so I know for a fact that my order isn't even on the radar. If the dealer doesn't budge, is the next best alternative to take a hit on the deposit + reservation date and just order again?
Your dealer is being lazy. Shocker, right? :rolleyes:

I can't speak for what the other dealership is seeing, but I can edit or change any order at this point because they haven't been scheduled.

I'm not saying that they just don't want to change anything, but it may be that they just don't want to change anything.

Buckman19

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD non sas carbonG
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I changed my order from non sas BD to sas Bd a week or so ago. Dealer said it went through on their end. Zach at Granger also confirmed for me that you can up until vin.

OP
OP
rlondeen

rlondeen

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FYI ~ this is what Ford customer service told me:

After, review of my resources it is showing what your dealer told you to be true. If you want to change your Bronco model after it's been reserved, you will need to cancel your original reservation and make a new one. However, at this date and time, reservations are no longer being accepted. For more information I can certainly recommend reaching out to the Ford Marketing Headquarters at
1-800-334-4375, option 3. Marketing hours are 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST (Monday-Friday).

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The early scuttlebutt was that you could not change the number of doors or series once the deadline had passed. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened. Call Ford customer service and see what they say. If they confirm, then you can cancel your order and try again with a new reservation. If they say the dealer can, you can use that to argue with the dealer.
FYI ~ this is what Ford customer service told me:

After, review of my resources it is showing what your dealer told you to be true. If you want to change your Bronco model after it's been reserved, you will need to cancel your original reservation and make a new one. However, at this date and time, reservations are no longer being accepted. For more information I can certainly recommend reaching out to the Ford Marketing Headquarters at
1-800-334-4375, option 3. Marketing hours are 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST (Monday-Friday).
Just by what Ford told you, it's clear you weren't speaking with the Bronco specific people.

Here is just some of the communication directly from Ford to the dealers.

Short answer?

You can absolutely change your order.

Ford Bronco Dealer Said Can't Change Order Can I change my order up until VIN

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I changed mine just yesterday, including a change to my trim type. Priority code remained a 10, not moved to 99.

Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2 door base 2.3 L auto, MIC - If I do not get a build schedule email this Thursday, I am going to call my dealer and change it to a four door, soft top.

OP
OP
rlondeen

rlondeen

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just by what Ford told you, it's clear you weren't speaking with the Bronco specific people.

Here is just some of the communication directly from Ford to the dealers.

Short answer?

You can absolutely change your order.

Ford Bronco Dealer Said Can't Change Order Can I change my order up until VIN
thanks for this info! ~ I'll coordinate with my dealer some more and press a littler harder.

PS: on one hand I feel bad for changing my order... On the other hand, it's a $46,000 purchase and Ford has given me all this time to just sit and reconsider my configuration!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your dealer is being lazy. Shocker, right?
I can get more attention by slipping a dollar bill into a garter at a strip club, than I can from a typical car dealer who knows you are more than 10 minutes away from writing a check.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As @ZackDanger pointed out, it is still possible to change your order. (Though there is a very slim chance that changing from a 4-door to a 2-door could be problematic.)
  • We've seen plenty of examples of dealers saying they cannot make a change.
  • We've also seen examples of both area reps and customer service at Ford saying changes cannot be made.
  • These claims have been proven false, as multiple people have still been able to make changes.
  • Therefore, the only reliable way to determine if changes can be made is for your dealer to actually try to make the change.
It's likely that Ford customer service is saying orders cannot be changed because the parts of the order that they can change (your dealer) can no longer be changed. So from their perspective, your order cannot be changed. However, changing the build details of your order was never something Ford corporate could change. Has to be done by the dealer.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been adding/removing the Sasquatch package on my order for weeks. Yes. I am annoying. Yes they were able to do it and send me an updated WBDO order sheet to sign each time.

I'm done doing it!
Sponsored