Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer, whom I have been a patron of for over 30 years called me and told me my 2022 4 door Badlands had finally arrived. (Ordered first day) When I asked to verify the price they told me it would be MSRP as agreed and an additional $825 rebate to boot. The nerve of this place! Actually following thru exactly like they said they would!

Obviously tongue in cheek post but my point is that there are many great dealers out there and Jordan Ford in Mishawaka Indiana is one of them. I can't pick it up for a few days but went to see it tonight. They are leaving it on the showroom floor (I am fine with that.) and apparently its getting lots of looks and generating some traffic for them. I did confirm the rear sway bar (Sasquatch package) body colored keyless entry and no digital display on the dual zone HVAC controls.

The one thing I was a bit surprised by was that there were no insulating panels on the hardtop. I thought at one point that was being thrown in for all the hard top delays. (Mine is a high package). Maybe not. Anyone else recall something about free sound proofing?

I will likely ditch the rock rails for some kind of steps but other than that feels pretty good as is for the moment. Not overly jazzed about the "warm alloy" beadlock rings, would have much preferred something closer to the carbonized grey. Likely send them off to powder coat. I am happy with the way she turned out!

20220126_174929_resized.jpg
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer, whom I have been a patron of for over 30 years called me and told me my 2022 4 door Badlands had finally arrived. (Ordered first day) When I asked to verify the price they told me it would be MSRP as agreed and an additional $825 rebate to boot. The nerve of this place! Actually following thru exactly like they said they would!

Obviously tongue in cheek post but my point is that there are many great dealers out there and Jordan Ford in Mishawaka Indiana is one of them. I can't pick it up for a few days but went to see it tonight. They are leaving it on the showroom floor (I am fine with that.) and apparently its getting lots of looks and generating some traffic for them. I did confirm the rear sway bar (Sasquatch package) body colored keyless entry and no digital display on the dual zone HVAC controls.

The one thing I was a bit surprised by was that there were no insulating panels on the hardtop. I thought at one point that was being thrown in for all the hard top delays. (Mine is a high package). Maybe not. Anyone else recall something about free sound proofing?

I will likely ditch the rock rails for some kind of steps but other than that feels pretty good as is for the moment. Not overly jazzed about the "warm alloy" beadlock rings, would have much preferred something closer to the carbonized grey. Likely send them off to powder coat. I am happy with the way she turned out!

I have the sound absorbant material on my OBX MIC top. Its a thin gray carpet-like fabric designed to reduce noise by absorbing some interior sound waves, and stopping the reflection of some interior sound waves. It is not an insulating (blocking) material.

However, while it is free, you still have to choose it when you order, because not everyone wants it, and its not normal on vehicles with wash out floors, because it could get wet.

The honeycomb core on the MIC top provides some outside sound blocking benefit, and weight reduction, but its still louder inside than my F150 top. But that wasn't removable!

There are aftermarket options, and sound shops can install noise reduction treatments.

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Obviously tongue in cheek post but my point is that there are many great dealers out there and Jordan Ford in Mishawaka Indiana is one of them.
Small world, I grew up 2 miles south of Jordan Ford. Enjoy, I'm still waiting (Oliver in Plymouth).

Just curious, when was your reservation date? I res'd August 9th, 2020, same spec, 2.3 BL high Manual MIC Tow in white

Last edited:

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford Performance Accessories website has the Optional Headliner available but it probably won't be free like it is with at order time.

There is also the option to use rubberized foam "boat decking" non-skid. Looked at it for our boat and it comes in a lot of colors.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford Performance Accessories website has the Optional Headliner available but it probably won't be free like it is with at order time.

There is also the option to use rubberized foam "boat decking" non-skid. Looked at it for our boat and it comes in a lot of colors.
I'd get a roll or neoprene wet suit material or Alcantara and go bonkers... Everyone that got the factory generic pre-cut "speaker box" material complained it was shedding, so no big loss... some 3M 77 super tack and your roll of choice, aces.

OP
OP
Fireman Dave

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Small world, I grew up 2 miles south of Jordan Ford. Enjoy, I'm still waiting (Oliver in Plymouth).

Just curious, when was your reservation date? I res'd August 9th, 2020, same spec, 2.3 BL high Manual MIC Tow in white
I reserved at 2 AM the first day (been so long I forgot the date!)

grmmylpa

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 F150, 2020 Ranger Crew Cab,
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Bronco looks great! It's nice to hear about the good dealers out there.
With your roof insulating panels, I would suggest having your dealer follow up with Ford. It is possible that this was missed at the factory. My 2 dr Big Bend was delivered with 1 of the 3 panel pieces installed. Yes.....only the one above the driver was installed. The passenger and entire rear seating area roof insulation panels were not installed. Here's the problem. While the dealer got right on it, the part is back-ordered. Who knows when these will become available. My dealer put in the claim/order 2 months ago and the parts are nowhere in sight. Good luck!

Last edited:

Sponsored

KevinOC13

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Lincoln MKS - 17’ Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Dealer Shenanigans? 20220126_174929_resized
Dude….. Looks like you have my exact same order other than mine is a LUX! I am also ordered through Jordan Ford, have always treated my wife and I well for everything we have ever needed! I might have to stop by to take a look at my future!

OP
OP
Fireman Dave

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude….. Looks like you have my exact same order other than mine is a LUX! I am also ordered through Jordan Ford, have always treated my wife and I well for everything we have ever needed! I might have to stop by to take a look at my future!
Nice! Its on the showroom floor until Monday morning when the ceramic coating package is applied.

luckys13

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, Mini Cooper, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up my 4 door badlands also last Friday (love it by the way) and noticed no headliner or sound deadening material up on the hardtop. I texted him today and asked about this as my understanding is Ford was throwing this in with all hard tops now. He told me he was going to check inventory on Monday. It appears they missed it and it will be supplied but I am thinking no inventory.... I will talk with them in more detail on Monday.

OP
OP
Fireman Dave

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up my 4 door badlands also last Friday (love it by the way) and noticed no headliner or sound deadening material up on the hardtop. I texted him today and asked about this as my understanding is Ford was throwing this in with all hard tops now. He told me he was going to check inventory on Monday. It appears they missed it and it will be supplied but I am thinking no inventory.... I will talk with them in more detail on Monday.
Thanks! Please keep us informed of what happens!
Sponsored