Sponsored

Dealer shenanigans or honest mistake? hmm...

Jornum1

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer ST, 2013 Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To start off this isn't another rant about dealership issues. Im actually very excited because my Bronco is scheduled for a 11/29 production. I reserved and ordered late May reservation, and June 15th converted to order. I ordered a Badlands, SAS, LUX, cactus Grey with a MIC. Fully expecting to receive a late year '22. I even bought a loaded Explorer ST in July assuming I would not be seeing my Bronco anytime soon.

To my surprise I got a email a couple weeks ago saying I was scheduled for production. Called my salesman right away and he insisted it must be a mistake. I was well behind 100+ orders from the dealership.
So a couple weeks go by and I call back to check in, also wanting to see about changing my color( I have been going back and forth between CG and Rapid Red), and confirm pricing.

My salesman confirmed the production date was valid. But he insisted he didnt know what happened because my order should have been code 99, and now I dont have a MIC but a soft top.
I did get good news that they are honoring MSRP pricing for reservations, but I did find out if people did not pick up their reservation they were up charging. In fact he told me they sold a OBX for $10k over and a first edition for $20k over.

He was also VERY willing for me to not pick up my order due to timing and no MIC and wait for a '22.
Now I get they want to make money and if I dont pick up my Bronco they will make a much larger profit. And thats fine good for them.

But my question is how did my order lose its code 99? And how did my order get changed to a soft top? Was this done by the dealer knowing I wasnt looking to buy until next year and hoping I wouldnt take it and sell it? Would they even have said anything at all if I didnt see the email and know the truck was scheduled? It just makes me feel a little uneasy.

Am I just paranoid or do I chock it up to the salesman making a mistake?
I fully intend to buy when it comes in assuming they honor the MSRP pricing even without the hard top. I will figure out a way to pay for it!

On a side note, this is a great dealership and salesman my Father and I have dealt with for many years and have bought over a dozen vehicles personally and for our business. They have always been good and fair to us. So I dont want to assume foul play but it just makes me wonder. Considering the state of the car industry and how few sales they have made due to vehicle shortage are they not being honest with order holders?

End of the day, Im over the moon about my Bronco coming in! I dont know how I skipped the line, and I do feel bad to those who are still waiting. I dont know whats going on with Ford, but I hope they get their ducks in a row soon.

I just wanted to put this out there because I am reading about a lot of shady practice among dealerships. I dont want to assume mine is the same. But I cant help seeing a little red flag in my situation.
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But my question is how did my order lose its code 99? And how did my order get changed to a soft top? Was this done by the dealer knowing I wasnt looking to buy until next year and hoping I wouldnt take it and sell it? Would they even have said anything at all if I didnt see the email and know the truck was scheduled? It just makes me feel a little uneasy.
There is no way to know the actual intent but for sure someone at the dealership changed to a soft top and your code, not Ford.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They need to contact their regional sales manager to find out. WBDO sucks but I'm sure it has some sort of logging feature that says when a change is made to an order and by what login from the dealership. Anytime a order change is made a new DORA is generated so there should be record of that too. Maybe they can get it worked out with Ford or maybe get it rolled into a '22. If you really want to get the correct order, they want to get it "right", they need to get with the zone manager sooner rather than later.

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry, but the goal of dealers and salesmen are to make money. The opportunity for these markups don't happen often. They will apologize, push you to the back of the line and sell you another one, or if you pay a premium they will sell you someone else's.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The reality is you are an order number/dealer order number in a database so someone can easily grab your order number by mistake. Of course that means someone with a very similar order to yours wanted to switch from MIC to soft top. Not exactly unusual and to be honest CG badlands are sort of a dime a dozen order. The flip side is yes the dealer is jacking the system. If you got your MIC badlands with your dates, you would have been crucified on these forums... take it and run....

Sponsored

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why were you 99 in the first place? And don’t feel bad about jumping the line. You aren’t the first or only one who Ford failed to honor their original statement of building them in order of time stamp orders.
You mentioned something about checking to see if they’d let Iyou change colors. I’d definitely go with one of the discontinued ones if that’s the case.

OP
OP

Jornum1

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer ST, 2013 Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not complaining and don’t really intend on investigating any further. I’m honestly happy to have a bronco coming in and not getting up charged.
i did try to change the color or inquired about it but was told I couldn’t even though I’ve seen plenty of people say on here you could change color up to the window sticker being made.
Thats another one that makes me scratch my head. Did the dealer want a CG knowing it’s more popular? After looking at a thousand pics of the two I am happy with CG but still adds ro my skepticism.

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not complaining and don’t really intend on investigating any further. I’m honestly happy to have a bronco coming in and not getting up charged.
i did try to change the color or inquired about it but was told I couldn’t even though I’ve seen plenty of people say on here you could change color up to the window sticker being made.
Thats another one that makes me scratch my head. Did the dealer want a CG knowing it’s more popular? After looking at a thousand pics of the two I am happy with CG but still adds ro my skepticism.
I think I remember ford saying not too long ago (maybe late summer) that they wouldn't be allowing any more changes once you get a vin/build date.
Sponsored