Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello All--

I was able to secure a reservation for a Bronco when the order banks were first opened in 2020. It took a couple of hours, but got in and placed one for a Badlands. The dealer I chose converted that to an order a couple of months later. I discovered this when I called Ford to try and get my reservation switched to another dealer. They told me I was not able to do this because it had been converted to an order.

I kept getting the emails about delays, and then went to the inventory manager with my reservation information, to do my build in November 2021 before the deadline. I remember the manager commenting about how lucky I was, and how he himself had ordered a Bronco, just to flip it. I had taken my cousin with me for the big day, and commented when we left how strange it seemed the manager had just jotted everything down on a blank sheet of copy paper, and then put it in a file in his desk drawer.

Well in 2022 reservation holders were told to renew the builds for the 2023 MY, and so I made another appointment to come in and update my order. This time I met with the Mgr's assistant. I really liked the build I had done previously, so only added the modular bumper and brush bar.

Two days later the Assistant called to let me know that the previous build I had made there had been "pushed through," by the order manager, and was scheduled to be built, probably arriving before Christmas. I asked if it was possible to add the modular bumper, she checked and said no. Oh well, still exciting news.

I started getting emails about the build from Ford which were very confusing. The production dates were flipping forward and backward, and I always got two emails when they came in. When I got an email with a VIN number, I was able to check the vehicle, and saw that it was a stock Badlands, no options save the modular bumper. I called Ford to check and they told me that was indeed what was being built. I called to let the assistant know something was wrong, so she investigated with the order manager, and let me know that all was well, the one being built was the one we had planned, and there was no modular bumper on it.

So I let it go a couple of weeks but got an email with a different VIN number. I called Ford again to find two Broncos ordered. One was the build I made, the other was my original reservation from 2020. I explained to Ford that there was some mistake, and they said they could not help, to go to the dealer. At the dealer, the assistant could not help, and put me in touch with the Order Manager. He admitted their mistake, and said it was too late to do anything about it. When I said I should get the price protection for the one I built, that it could be as much as $1800 (I thought at the time) he told me it was not that much and anyway they had nothing to do with that, that was between me and Ford. I finally convinced him to contact Ford and tell them of the mistake to see if anything could be done. He did email someone (I saw a copy of the email), and the answer was no. He said once the reservation is tied to a VIN, they will not change it. He offered me the Bronco (whichever I chose, or both of them) at MSRP. I think he was a little surprised I was not doing cartwheels of joy.

1st week of December the Bronco that I built arrived. When I went to get it the assistant seemed confused, and I told her that the Manager had told me I would pay MSRP. Visibly relieved, she went to get the total, and came back with a bill that included about $1500 of FTC charges. I complained, and was told there is no way any of it would be removed, that even employees of the dealership had to pay those fees. She did go to bat for me and try, but still no.

I bought it. I had my cousin with me who kept telling me how I had waited two years for this and I just had to bite the bullet... and I'll tell you guys it is a great truck. Everyone says so. But in the month I have owned it I've put 35 miles on it. Every time I see it sitting in the garage I feel like a dupe.

The Bronco I initially reserved in 2020 gets in next week. I want to go and throw a rock at it, but it probably won't make me feel better. I could buy it and try to flip it, but I'd most likely end up on the wrong side of things after paying the FTC charges and taxes. It is so strange that the one ordered in November 2021 beat the one reserved in July 2020.

This should have been a fun experience. Everyone I spoke to, whether at Ford or the dealership were so nice--but they all acted like they were victims of a big uncontrollable machine; however, it is strange that I conveniently lost my price protection and the dealership gets another Bronco to add FTC and ADM to in the lot. They could care less, I am sure, that I wouldn't purchase a truck there again.

Perhaps the problem simply is supply vs demand. They would have loved to put the one I bought on the lot, and told me so.

So next week I expect a call for the Bronco. I want to go and look at it because it is a completely stock badlands except for the modular bumper, and I would like to drive a standard to check it out. Then, I am sure, I will thank them and go home.

Then I'm gong to plan a trip to MOAB and enjoy the one I've got.
Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Try to get your current Bronco approved for by dealers, Carmax, and places like Vroom. You should get the new vin and see what Carmax and other dealers would give you For that too.
If you trade in your current Bronco with a decent trade value, it will wipe away a lot of tax. Might be worth it to trade into current dealer and buy the one you want.

OP
OP

fieldhand

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh sorry yes I think I’m showing my age a little. FTC is f the customer charges, an old term I think. In this case window etching and paint and interior protection, by a company owned by the dealer, with so many exceptions to be worthless.
I realize I was not very exact and apologize for the confusion. The Bronco I bought and built is a 2 door Badlands Sasquatch that is pretty loaded—leather and high pkg. The one coming in soon is the original reservation which is bone stock 2 door Badlands. Only option modular bumper. I don’t think it is the one for me.
Since I have the vin, though, I will explore its value at those sites. Thanks for that.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh sorry yes I think I’m showing my age a little. FTC is f the customer charges, an old term I think. In this case window etching and paint and interior protection, by a company owned by the dealer, with so many exceptions to be worthless.
I realize I was not very exact and apologize for the confusion. The Bronco I bought and built is a 2 door Badlands Sasquatch that is pretty loaded—leather and high pkg. The one coming in soon is the original reservation which is bone stock 2 door Badlands. Only option modular bumper. I don’t think it is the one for me.
Since I have the vin, though, I will explore its value at those sites. Thanks for that.
Ahhh, OK, thanks. Wasn't trying to be dense (though some might say I don't need to try real hard) but honestly was trying to wrap my head about why the Fed Trade Comm. could possibly be levying fees/taxes on vehicle sales. :unsure:

My Bronco-to-be-built is quite similar to yours - BL 2dr MT, High, MGV. Kept the capable vs modular as if I get a winch I'll pair it with an aftermarket bumper.

Ike89

Base
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The shenanigans I’m dealing with is that my dealer is saying that My2023 Bronco Private offer expired 01/03 and they can’t do anything about it. I qualified for the discount of 2,800 but somehow I lost that offer. I will be going into this dealership this weekend or early next week to take delivery. I know what you mean about the experience being tainted.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FTC - lol - I will have to use this in the future...

I have warned many people waiting on Broncos to stress to their dealer that they want NOTHING done to the truck when it arrives.
- Window etching? I can't imagine what that helps? There's already enough easily removable parts on the Bronco and the window usually gets just broken.
- Interior protection = 8$ ScotchGuard at WalMart
- Nitrogen filled tires = common air is 78% Nitrogen
- Paint Protection = wax (lol). No one will do a proper Ceramic coat at a dealer with paint protection and if they do put on film, it's probably cheap stuff that will yellow after a few months in the sun.
No Thanks! Just give me my truck and *I'll* get everything done. Makes my payment $10-20 cheaper.

I was able to keep my dealer from installing the front plate holder and have heard that because of my request, they don't do it to any other Bronco's coming in. I was able to get mine at MSRP as well - despite their assurance that it was their 'policy' to add $5K to all orders. I have heard people denying even the PDI at the dealer - that's usually some kid with a dirty bucket and brush doing a half-ass wash and rinse. "If you want it done right, do it yourself." Ha!

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The shenanigans I’m dealing with is that my dealer is saying that My2023 Bronco Private offer expired 01/03 and they can’t do anything about it. I qualified for the discount of 2,800 but somehow I lost that offer. I will be going into this dealership this weekend or early next week to take delivery. I know what you mean about the experience being tainted.
Those were extended to April 3rd. You can call the marketing team to verify yours.

OP
OP

fieldhand

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FTC - lol - I will have to use this in the future...

I have warned many people waiting on Broncos to stress to their dealer that they want NOTHING done to the truck when it arrives.
- Window etching? I can't imagine what that helps? There's already enough easily removable parts on the Bronco and the window usually gets just broken.
- Interior protection = 8$ ScotchGuard at WalMart
- Nitrogen filled tires = common air is 78% Nitrogen
- Paint Protection = wax (lol). No one will do a proper Ceramic coat at a dealer with paint protection and if they do put on film, it's probably cheap stuff that will yellow after a few months in the sun.
No Thanks! Just give me my truck and *I'll* get everything done. Makes my payment $10-20 cheaper.

I was able to keep my dealer from installing the front plate holder and have heard that because of my request, they don't do it to any other Bronco's coming in. I was able to get mine at MSRP as well - despite their assurance that it was their 'policy' to add $5K to all orders. I have heard people denying even the PDI at the dealer - that's usually some kid with a dirty bucket and brush doing a half-ass wash and rinse. "If you want it done right, do it yourself." Ha!
Wow sounds like you did it right. I agree with you on all of that. I am def. going back to a previous dealer that did not add those things.

Sponsored

Ike89

Base
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Those were extended to April 3rd. You can call the marketing team to verify yours.
Called them that day. They said that the program did expire the 3rd but that the dealer has to be in contact with Smart Vincent about my private offer. I plan to have ford marketing on the line when I go and have my rep call Smart Vincent while I'm there.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Called them that day. They said that the program did expire the 3rd but that the dealer has to be in contact with Smart Vincent about my private offer. I plan to have ford marketing on the line when I go and have my rep call Smart Vincent while I'm there.
Did you call in the 3rd or in the 4th? On the 3rd they told me to call back. On the 4th they said the new date was April 3rd, all numbers stayed the same.

Ike89

Base
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you call in the 3rd or in the 4th? On the 3rd they told me to call back. On the 4th they said the new date was April 3rd, all numbers stayed the same.
Just called the Ford Marketing number and they did confirm that the expiration date on my private offer certificate was extended to April 3rd. It's crazy how much work and effort the customer needs to put in to get things taken care of.

Thanks man

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Private offers should have expired on January 2nd, and then new ones issued on the 3rd. It's for accounting, so the discount is applied to the proper FY.

It should be there.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello All--

I was able to secure a reservation for a Bronco when the order banks were first opened in 2020. It took a couple of hours, but got in and placed one for a Badlands. The dealer I chose converted that to an order a couple of months later. I discovered this when I called Ford to try and get my reservation switched to another dealer. They told me I was not able to do this because it had been converted to an order.

I kept getting the emails about delays, and then went to the inventory manager with my reservation information, to do my build in November 2021 before the deadline. I remember the manager commenting about how lucky I was, and how he himself had ordered a Bronco, just to flip it. I had taken my cousin with me for the big day, and commented when we left how strange it seemed the manager had just jotted everything down on a blank sheet of copy paper, and then put it in a file in his desk drawer.

Well in 2022 reservation holders were told to renew the builds for the 2023 MY, and so I made another appointment to come in and update my order. This time I met with the Mgr's assistant. I really liked the build I had done previously, so only added the modular bumper and brush bar.

Two days later the Assistant called to let me know that the previous build I had made there had been "pushed through," by the order manager, and was scheduled to be built, probably arriving before Christmas. I asked if it was possible to add the modular bumper, she checked and said no. Oh well, still exciting news.

I started getting emails about the build from Ford which were very confusing. The production dates were flipping forward and backward, and I always got two emails when they came in. When I got an email with a VIN number, I was able to check the vehicle, and saw that it was a stock Badlands, no options save the modular bumper. I called Ford to check and they told me that was indeed what was being built. I called to let the assistant know something was wrong, so she investigated with the order manager, and let me know that all was well, the one being built was the one we had planned, and there was no modular bumper on it.

So I let it go a couple of weeks but got an email with a different VIN number. I called Ford again to find two Broncos ordered. One was the build I made, the other was my original reservation from 2020. I explained to Ford that there was some mistake, and they said they could not help, to go to the dealer. At the dealer, the assistant could not help, and put me in touch with the Order Manager. He admitted their mistake, and said it was too late to do anything about it. When I said I should get the price protection for the one I built, that it could be as much as $1800 (I thought at the time) he told me it was not that much and anyway they had nothing to do with that, that was between me and Ford. I finally convinced him to contact Ford and tell them of the mistake to see if anything could be done. He did email someone (I saw a copy of the email), and the answer was no. He said once the reservation is tied to a VIN, they will not change it. He offered me the Bronco (whichever I chose, or both of them) at MSRP. I think he was a little surprised I was not doing cartwheels of joy.

1st week of December the Bronco that I built arrived. When I went to get it the assistant seemed confused, and I told her that the Manager had told me I would pay MSRP. Visibly relieved, she went to get the total, and came back with a bill that included about $1500 of FTC charges. I complained, and was told there is no way any of it would be removed, that even employees of the dealership had to pay those fees. She did go to bat for me and try, but still no.

I bought it. I had my cousin with me who kept telling me how I had waited two years for this and I just had to bite the bullet... and I'll tell you guys it is a great truck. Everyone says so. But in the month I have owned it I've put 35 miles on it. Every time I see it sitting in the garage I feel like a dupe.

The Bronco I initially reserved in 2020 gets in next week. I want to go and throw a rock at it, but it probably won't make me feel better. I could buy it and try to flip it, but I'd most likely end up on the wrong side of things after paying the FTC charges and taxes. It is so strange that the one ordered in November 2021 beat the one reserved in July 2020.

This should have been a fun experience. Everyone I spoke to, whether at Ford or the dealership were so nice--but they all acted like they were victims of a big uncontrollable machine; however, it is strange that I conveniently lost my price protection and the dealership gets another Bronco to add FTC and ADM to in the lot. They could care less, I am sure, that I wouldn't purchase a truck there again.

Perhaps the problem simply is supply vs demand. They would have loved to put the one I bought on the lot, and told me so.

So next week I expect a call for the Bronco. I want to go and look at it because it is a completely stock badlands except for the modular bumper, and I would like to drive a standard to check it out. Then, I am sure, I will thank them and go home.

Then I'm gong to plan a trip to MOAB and enjoy the one I've got.
There were no mistakes by the dealer. They 100% did all of this on purpose to game the reservation system. It's a shame that @Ford Motor Company trusted their dealers so much and didn't put guardrails in place.
But you got a Bronco! Congratulations!
Sponsored