BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Recently ordered the RCI rock guards and looking for shops that can do the instal. Seems like a pretty straight forward instal. Unfortunately I dont have the tools or the garage to do the work. Does anyone know a shop or dealership that would be open to doing the instal. RCI provides detailed installation guides with pics on the website.
Sponsored

luntz

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What area of LA are you located in?

OP
OP
omi205

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Smack in the middle of downtown. Staples area. 4wheel auto parts said they would do the instal but wouldn't give me a price until I took everything to them to get an accurate time. Open to other options.

luntz

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the San Fernando valley area....this doesn't look difficult at all. Just some basic wrenching, no cutting, drilling or welding involved. My son and I would be willing to help you out if you like.
I'm covered as far as tools, air, jacks etc.
PM me if you're interested.
Always better if you learn how to do your own wrenching in my book. Helps to get you involved with the dynamics of your vehicle, and a great sense of pride knowing you did it yourself.

tofudrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Fuller Truck in fullerton has reasonable pricing for these simple installs...I've done a few little things with them

Sponsored
OP
OP
omi205

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After calling several places I found CaliRaisedOffroad in Buena Vista. This will be my go to shop in the LA area. Legit shop with great pricing compared to others that I called. Already did some work with them and was extremely happy with the pricing, quality of the work, cleanliness of the bronco at pick up, and turn around time.

From the looks of the shop, I thought it was going to be the most expensive qoute for work/installation, but they were the lowest. Really was taken back by that (surprised) in a great way.

Last edited:

tofudrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After calling several places I found CaliRaisedOffroad in Buena Vista. This will be my go to shop in the LA area. Legit shop with great pricing compared to others that I called. Already did some work with them and was extremely happy with the pricing, quality of the work, cleanliness of the bronco at pick up, and turn around time.

From the looks of the shop, I thought it was going to be the most expensive qoute for work/installation, but they were the lowest. Really was taken back by that (surprised) in a great way.
Nice find! That place is closer to me than fullertruck!

OP
OP
omi205

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice find! That place is closer to me than fullertruck!
I looked up fullertruck and it seemed like they specialized in truck beds/roof tops. Their reviews were also really skeptical (not good). Some good but also several really bad reviews. CaliRaisedOffroad is specifically an off-road shop. With all of their staff being offroaders with well built rigs. And they each are knowledgeable about parts and installation. I felt really confident when I dropped my bronco off for the work. If you go there, you will see what I means. Thats the kinda place you want to take your rig for work. They also have a parts store where you can scope out suspension, lights, tires. I was truly impressed with them. Check it out!!!

luntz

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

omi25, Great that you found someone that knew how to turn a wrench and tighten a bolt for you.
Glad you didn't break a finger nail.
Thanks for getting back to me on my offer from over 2 months ago.
Hope you never have to fix anything at the mall.

OP
OP
omi205

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

omi25, Great that you found someone that knew how to turn a wrench and tighten a bolt for you.
Glad you didn't break a finger nail.
Thanks for getting back to me on my offer from over 2 months ago.
Hope you never have to fix anything at the mall.
Dont take it personal. I dont know you or anything about you. Im not saying you're a bad person or dont know what you're doing, just not a risk I wanted to take. Also the work is warrantied, that I did at calirasiedoffroad. Would you warranty the work and for how long? Thats what I thought. I have receipts from Calirasiedoffroad ensuring the work they performed for a year from date of service. Allot of personal attacks for something you have no reason to take personal. I appreciate your offer but also appreciate keeping my brand new Bronco in top working condition for when im off in the mountains or exploring. It's not a risk I wanted to take. I dont have a garage to tinker with the bronco. I dont have tools or the equipment needed to make repairs myself had something gone wrong. I dont even have space to keep tools where I live. You dont know my circumstances. Possibly, in the future when I have a place (a home) with space (a garage), I'll take you up on something like this, I would love that. But I dont have that right now. And im not going to rely on you to help me out if something goes wrong because I cannot even facilitate this kind of work where I live. Chill out man. And you dont know anything about me either. So why the personal attacks? I also found a great shop that I want to keep working with for further modifications. Again why the are you taking this so personal? Honestly. Why are you so upset about this? You have no skin in the game. You have no responsibility of what happens to me or my bronco. Why are you upset? I hope that you can understand what I am trying to convey/say. Cheers.

Forgot to add, I had two back to back surgeries (March 31st and then again April 14th) then I was in Chicago (from May 5th to May 30th). Literally been in LA for two/three weeks while being “operational/healthy”. Sorry I forgot to clear my calendar for you sir. Like I said, you dont know my circumstances.

Last edited:

Sponsored

luntz

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A simple acknowledgment to a generous offer would have been the polite response, instead of ghosting.
Enjoy your bronco brother.

OP
OP
omi205

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A simple acknowledgment to a generous offer would have been the polite response, instead of ghosting.
Enjoy your bronco brother.
I never took your offer off the table. Thats why I didn't respond. I was either going to respond with "yah let's do it" or "thanks but I went with CaliRaised". You just happened to cut me from under my legs. Like I said. I was out of pocket pretty much from the week after I created this post. When you commented (April 7th) I was already bed ridden and about to go back into surgery. Then post surgery took me out of service. Even until today, I am still recovering. Up until Tuesday (06/13/2023) when I had CaliRaisedOffroad do the installation. Literally less than 7 days ago. For what it's worth I do appreciate the offer and having folk like you in the local community. I was basically going back and forth between taking your offer up (while recovering still, which is a risk for me) or having a really good shop do the work (for what I thought was a great price). It just made sense. In addition. Allot has been happening with my health from the time of this post until now. It was allot easier for me to have a shop do it then to try and do the work myself. Had I been perfectly healthy. I would have been more inclined to take your offer. Hope there are no hard feelings and you understand where I am coming from. Cheers.
Sponsored