Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I didn't place my reservation till December and I ordered a 2.7 Wildtrack with Sasquatch and Lux packages. So I probably won't even get mine till MY 2023 lol. If only Jeep would make a Wrangler/Gladiator with side curtain airbags and side bags for the rear, I'd be all over that. But nooooo, who cares about side crashes and rear passenger safety. So I'm here in line. Besides, I want the 2.7 so I can chip it to 400 hp/450 torque, and install 37" tires. I'm gonna name mine "Fattie".
I had no idea whether or not the wrangler or Bronco did or didn't have side air bags. If it has it, great. If not, wouldn't alter my decision. I didn't know that was a deciding factor in a vehicle purchase.
Sponsored

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I think Sas will cause a delay in scheduling for many, it won't be late availability, rather it will be LIMITED availability. This isn't likely to change in 2022 either, I expect it will continue to delay scheduling for years to come due to higher demand than production capacity. I want a Sas for myself, but I also accept the idea that my 10pm 7/13 reservation still might not be good enough to get it for 2021. It'll all depend on how limited production is, if its 5% its going to be extreme ugly, if its 25% just difficult, if 50% can be Sas, won't be much of an issue. My guess is 10-15%

Many will say why not just make more. With any option there's always a issue with suppliers not being able to make enough, but when you get into gear ratios, etc other factors can play in. If you look EPA rating is the same on all of a given powertrain on a model. For example an F-150 they rate 4x4 and 4x2 separate, they also rate each engine and transmission. However, they don't adjust for other issues like gear ratio and tire size, even though they do affect fuel economy. So I'm assuming a Sasquatch will have the same window sticker rating as a base. A few years ago we were barred from ordering 3.55 gears on Mustangs for stock (could still order them on retail orders) for this reason.
Ram is known to do this. A 1500 Rebel with 3.92 gears gets the same EPA ratings as a regular 4x4 with 3.23 gears and street tires.

Lexx

Big Bend
First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No crash tests are not out yet. But I'm pretty sure the Bronco has side air bags and side curtain bags. Ford usually does pretty well on the safety department, especially their latest models. I just can't see putting my kids in the back of a Wrangler/Gladiator with the danger their heads could come into contact with glass or metal if we get broadsided.

I haven't look for those specifics, but do we know if the Full Size Bronco has side bags? I know crash tests aren't out yet

Lexx

Big Bend
First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had no idea whether or not the wrangler or Bronco did or didn't have side air bags. If it has it, great. If not, wouldn't alter my decision. I didn't know that was a deciding factor in a vehicle purchase.
As a parent of 3 kids, it can and does become a deciding factor. It's great to have fun and all, but safety first!
Sponsored