First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Emailed my new dealer this morning, Two Rivers, asking about ordering my FE with the Painted Black top and the soft top (dual tops option), along with a few more questions. My contact, Matthew, responded with an hour.

"When it comes to the tops, you can order another top as an accessory if you would like! Ford has told us that we will be able to order first editions with the modular painted top, but like you said it will be a late availability accessory.

Any kinks in the build and price website will be able to be corrected by us when we order your Bronco, such as the standard rock rails. Ford has not fixed those problems with the website and it is definitely confusing. The roof rails will be available as well.

The ordering process will be very easy for the customer. Once order guides are released and the order banks open. I will be contacting customers to go over their build, price, and to place the order."
Sponsored

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Emailed my new dealer this morning, Two Rivers, asking about ordering my FE with the Painted Black top and the soft top (dual tops option), along with a few more questions. My contact, Matthew, responded with an hour.

"When it comes to the tops, you can order another top as an accessory if you would like! Ford has told us that we will be able to order first editions with the modular painted top, but like you said it will be a late availability accessory.

Any kinks in the build and price website will be able to be corrected by us when we order your Bronco, such as the standard rock rails. Ford has not fixed those problems with the website and it is definitely confusing. The roof rails will be available as well.

The ordering process will be very easy for the customer. Once order guides are released and the order banks open. I will be contacting customers to go over their build, price, and to place the order."
Amazing enough, this guy actually seems to know what he's talking about and willing to get answers to your questions. I'm impressed.

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke with two different Sales Managers today who both said once it’s time to convert from reservation to order, Ford will send us an email. Then we get with our dealer to make it happen. I won’t be very patient waiting for them to get with me once I have that email. Apparently, this is how it was done for the Mach-E.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really hope this is the case. I want a colour matched roof and "dual top" option if at all possible without having to pay for it after the fact from the parts counter or having to wait for my Bronco to be shipped with a hard top. Just send'er out with the soft top and send my hardtop later. I feel this won't be the case though with models other than FE and WT.

OP
OP
TigerBronco

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I really hope this is the case. I want a colour matched roof and "dual top" option if at all possible without having to pay for it after the fact from the parts counter or having to wait for my Bronco to be shipped with a hard top. Just send'er out with the soft top and send my hardtop later. I feel this won't be the case though with models other than FE and WT.
I’m not confident he was referring to the color match tops. Pretty sure those will be MY22 options as Ford has alluded two previously. Since I asked him specifically about the dual top option, I think he was most likely talking about ordering the soft top in addition to the black painted modular top. That’s my read anyway.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m not confident he was referring to the color match tops. Pretty sure those will be MY22 options as Ford has alluded two previously. Since I asked him specifically about the dual top option, I think he was most likely talking about ordering the soft top in addition to the black painted modular top. That’s my read anyway.
Dual top, originally, was black or body-colour painted I believe. I could be wrong. It feels like ages ago that I was excited about a body-colour roof.

Edit:

I went back to look at the "Models" page. The US site still says: " Dual Tops - Modular Hard Top Body Color-Painted + Black Soft Top (4-Door Only)" but it no longer says it on the Canadian page.

Last edited:

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure how they would ship the dual top option, as both tops won't fit in the truck... you think you'd have to ship one of them separate. They have clearly said however that the truck won't ship until the whole order is ready, so that's confusing.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure how they would ship the dual top option, as both tops won't fit in the truck... you think you'd have to ship one of them separate. They have clearly said however that the truck won't ship until the whole order is ready, so that's confusing.
If everything was running on time they'd ship the hardtop installed on the truck and the softtop inside I'm assuming.

Who knows what they're going to do though. This is why I'm assuming dual-top will no longer be an option or you'll have to wait for the hard top to be ready.

OCDON

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I bought my jeep jk it shipped with dual top. The soft top was mounted and folded back under the hardtop. The hardtop had to be removed to take the soft top out. Kind of a pita. Not sure if it is still done that way.

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I bought my jeep jk it shipped with dual top. The soft top was mounted and folded back under the hardtop. The hardtop had to be removed to take the soft top out. Kind of a pita. Not sure if it is still done that way.
Interesting, yeah maybe ford has designed them to fit that way. Do you find you actually used the soft top a lot? I'm thinking even in summer i'd be too lazy to swap them over... lol

Sponsored

OCDON

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting, yeah maybe ford has designed them to fit that way. Do you find you actually used the soft top a lot? I'm thinking even in summer i'd be too lazy to swap them over... lol
I have swapped it over every year as it is a weekend rig and I run tube doors May to October. I am over the swap out and storage thing so going just hardtop on the bronco considering you can take off roof over rear seat as well. Hoping aftermarket provides a sunrider type option that opens over both front and back seats. I don’t plan on removing the clamshell at all.

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have swapped it over every year as it is a weekend rig and I run tube doors May to October. I am over the swap out and storage thing so going just hardtop on the bronco considering you can take off roof over rear seat as well. Hoping aftermarket provides a sunrider type option that opens over both front and back seats. I don’t plan on removing the clamshell at all.
Yeah, I'm thinking it's nice to have the soft top in theory, but in reality it'll be enough to just remove the smaller roof sections. The larger one for the rear seats doesn't fit in the back tho, so you can't bring it in case of rain.
Sponsored