First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just picked up a set of SAS flares for my Badlands non SAS. I hold on to them and get 35’s and new wheels in five years when they wear out. Before you say it. I don’t drive except for fun only. So they will last. Or I put them on now with a set of wheel spacers for a cheap and easy look change. Guess I could put one on, put a jack under one wheel and unbolt/pull it out an inch&1/2 and see how it looks. Opinions or pics appreciated
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The lede is buried if you're asking a question. Sounds like?

1. Put Sas flares on a non-Sas (worried about look with non-Sas tires)
2. Use wheel spacer
3. Change to 35's

#1 will look like negative poke, and from what I've seen on 6g, I feel like that looks funny. #2 may excessively wear axle/shock components. #3 is costly because you'll need new tires.

Decisions, decisions. I would say #3, maybe with a 34 or some 35 with perch lift if they rub.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The lede is buried if you're asking a question. Sounds like?

1. Put Sas flares on a non-Sas (worried about look with non-Sas tires)
2. Use wheel spacer
3. Change to 35's

#1 will look like negative poke, and from what I've seen on 6g, I feel like that looks funny. #2 may excessively wear axle/shock components. #3 is costly because you'll need new tires.

Decisions, decisions. I would say #3, maybe with a 34 or some 35 with perch lift if they rub.
I was thinking spacers are a cheap way to get the flares on now for just a little wider look. Don’t really want poke. Just a Badlands that looks subtlety different but you don’t know why. Not too worried about wear. It’s driven low miles strictly for fun. And there is no real off roading in FL. Piles of pipes and mud do not interest me. Will definitely do 35’s when the OEMs wear out.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking spacers are a cheap way to get the flares on now for just a little wider look. Don’t really want poke. Just a Badlands that looks subtlety different but you don’t know why. Not too worried about wear. It’s driven low miles strictly for fun. And there is no real off roading in FL. Piles of pipes and mud do not interest me. Will definitely do 35’s when the OEMs wear out.
By negative poke, I mean the flare sticks out farther than the tire edge. From what you say, it seems like you'd be a good candidate for a spacer. You might put them on, measure the gap, and order a spacer that's close to that. Seems reasonable in this scenario.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Area, you wheel don’t you?

If wheeling, personally I’d never use spacers. Think the rear axle can handle them, but I have several doubts about our front axle in terms of reliability and longevity. May be misplaced concern, but I’m sticking with this opinion.

Best bet is to just go ahead and upgrade to some 35s. With wheels, I know this is expensive, but you get to pick out what you want in each if that matters to you.

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just picked up a set of SAS flares for my Badlands non SAS. I hold on to them and get 35’s and new wheels in five years when they wear out. Before you say it. I don’t drive except for fun only. So they will last. Or I put them on now with a set of wheel spacers for a cheap and easy look change. Guess I could put one on, put a jack under one wheel and unbolt/pull it out an inch&1/2 and see how it looks. Opinions or pics appreciated
I had a similar debate and actually had a set of SAS wheels purchased and collecting dust. Sold those and not am back to plotting on what I actually want. I briefly considered spacers with the stock wheels but decided on not going that route.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, you’re welcome to come up to Georgia or Northern South Carolina and wheel with us anytime you feel the itch. There’s some swamp wheeling in Florida, but water wheeling ain’t my thing and I don’t love mud much either to be honest. :)

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1" spacers on your wheels will not cause any more wear than switching to Sas' wheels. They are just changing the offset closer to that of the Sas' wheel.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Area, you wheel don’t you?

If wheeling, personally I’d never use spacers. Think the rear axle can handle them, but I have several doubts about our front axle in terms of reliability and longevity. May be misplaced concern, but I’m sticking with this opinion.

Best bet is to just go ahead and upgrade to some 35s. With wheels, I know this is expensive, but you get to pick out what you want in each if that matters to you.
I agree with the 35’s. Just too much value left in OEM combo. I’ve got 7 years left of tread at my rate.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You have no need or use for Sasquatch flares or spacers…until/unless ya go to 35s+…throw them in storage…
Sponsored