Sponsored

Dad decisions- best Bronco worthy car seats.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am past this stage with a son that is taller than me and 21 in a couple of days.

He did go offroad with me since he was 3 yr old. For a forward facing seat, I recommend one that has sides that are well padded near the head. He would go to sleep and his head would lean again a side and the padding helped when we were bouncing along.

I always used a towel folded in half under the car seat / booster. It helps dull the indentions you'll get from the seat and will keep your seats clean. Plus you just pull it and wash when needed.

Also a booster with its own cup holders. It allows you hand them a drink pouch or cup along with a snack, and they manage it themselves from there. I also rigged an LED strip light (8" long) to the back of the passenger headrest posts that I could plug in when he wanted light at night. He had light and I didn't have any glare or loss of night vision.

My son was a champ on long distance drives and off roading. I even rolled my truck and he stayed with us on the trail until about 3am. Learned how to poop in the woods that night. We taped a flash light to a tree so he could have a little light while sitting on a cooler eating that extra sandwich I packed at around midnight. Best traveling companion I've ever had.

Good luck dads.
Sponsored

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With four kids, car seats and boosters are the bane of my existence. Going from a yukon xl to a 4 dr bronco is going to drastically change the amount of gear/kid space i have, so I've been looking at these:

https://mifold.com/

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I absolutely love stories like this!!! Weā€™ve been doing road trips since my daughter was 2 (turning 14 soon). She absolutely loves road trips! ā€œThe further, the betterā€ is what she always says when we are trying to plan something. One of the main reasons Iā€™m getting a manual too is to have more daddy daughter time teaching her how to drive manual. Nothing beats bonding with your child via your vehicle...traveling, wrenching, or just driving around town. Adds ā€œvalueā€ to your vehicle...

I am past this stage with a son that is taller than me and 21 in a couple of days.

He did go offroad with me since he was 3 yr old. For a forward facing seat, I recommend one that has sides that are well padded near the head. He would go to sleep and his head would lean again a side and the padding helped when we were bouncing along.

I always used a towel folded in half under the car seat / booster. It helps dull the indentions you'll get from the seat and will keep your seats clean. Plus you just pull it and wash when needed.

Also a booster with its own cup holders. It allows you hand them a drink pouch or cup along with a snack, and they manage it themselves from there. I also rigged an LED strip light (8" long) to the back of the passenger headrest posts that I could plug in when he wanted light at night. He had light and I didn't have any glare or loss of night vision.

My son was a champ on long distance drives and off roading. I even rolled my truck and he stayed with us on the trail until about 3am. Learned how to poop in the woods that night. We taped a flash light to a tree so he could have a little light while sitting on a cooler eating that extra sandwich I packed at around midnight. Best traveling companion I've ever had.

Good luck dads.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use a Graco Nautilus 65. Grows with the kid. Its mostly black with and grey. Then red accents. Looked a sweet as a baby seat could in my red GTO.

It has a cup holder as well.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been out of the game long enough to forget about a good recommendation for your younger one, but for a booster, we love this one for our 6 year old. It attaches to the latch anchors so it doesn't move around, unlike some other ones. Comes in a couple color combos. Highly recommend it. Also has cupholders.
Screenshot_20210228-092800_Chrome.jpg
There are the missing cup holders!

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the liner i was talking about...Prince Lionheart. The edges of the bottom are raised to capture whatever mess they drop, food toys, etc. The rear detaches so if youā€™re only using a booster seat. Easy to clean, just hose it down...

75AB6D11-226C-45DB-A3E7-8A77CB1F951A.png

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife and I use the Maxi Cosi Pria 85 for both our boys (ages 3 and 1). Itā€™s super easy to use and can be used forward or rear facing. Have been super happy with them thus far for our adventures.

On a side note, saw there is another thread complaining about the lack of cup holders in the 4dr option and this seat has a great and sturdy cup holder for kids. Problem solved.

Hope this helps your hunt.

RyanM

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Check out Diono. They have some pretty slim and sturdy seats. Also the Radian series can take newborn through booster seat seat stage. We run two next to each other in a VW Atlas and still have confirtable room fir a third person (adult) in the back. Make sure you get a seat protector. I like the munchkin Brica Elite.
I second the Diono seats mentioned here. We have two of them in my wife's Elantra and Iā€™ll be moving them to the bronco when it arrives.

OP
OP
Bronc-Itus

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 F250, ā€˜88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife and I use the Maxi Cosi Pria 85 for both our boys (ages 3 and 1). Itā€™s super easy to use and can be used forward or rear facing. Have been super happy with them thus far for our adventures.

On a side note, saw there is another thread complaining about the lack of cup holders in the 4dr option and this seat has a great and sturdy cup holder for kids. Problem solved.

Hope this helps your hunt.
Yes the maxi cozy was a good one from the past. It had good padding all around. My old 4runner only had lap belts only so the padding helped conceal the buckle in the middle of my daughters back. Had to attach the tethered strap to a modified roll bar loop. Fun truck but really glad to be moving to a safer ride for the kids.
Ford Bronco Dad decisions- best Bronco worthy car seats. 7323D17F-3B22-47E7-B77C-1B5386E52E4F

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

100%
I'd recommend a liner/pad for any seat material for under a carseat. Save your investment and easier to clean up when taking the carseats out
This, and for added benefit in my leather-equipped cars, I take a vinyl cutting board and put it under the seat liner. It keeps it from denting/stretching the leather out over time.
Sponsored