Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

nice write up man! :0. Always wondered how it would be on a long term review for most folks. I was always annoyed that the Bronco doors have no frame to place a mesh net - but youre right, you can just "crack" the windows depending on how much cold you want entering the cabin at ngiht. Good to know its comfortable inside even during freezing temps as this was my main worry. I was thinking of a roof top tent but this not only cheaper, but also good for security purposes. haha! thanks again for the great review!
Sponsored

WeirdFlex

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL, Honda CR-V, MG Midget
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We love ours! The only real con is the pack up time in my opinion. Phenomenal product! Very warm!

Alanp970

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 Door Base Sasquatch Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like my Deepsleep setup in my 4 door. I wasn’t thrilled about the sleep “system” price when I still had to figure out solutions for the footwell to support your head. I found a fairly inexpensive solution but at this price I shouldn’t have to. Also not thrilled with inflating and deflating. It’s not something I can hook up and do other things while it inflates/deflates. I guess that’s “Overland tax” for you. At the end of the day it’s comfortable and I needed a sleep solution for a trip and Deepsleep got it to me quickly so I kept it.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
nice write up man! :0. Always wondered how it would be on a long term review for most folks. I was always annoyed that the Bronco doors have no frame to place a mesh net - but youre right, you can just "crack" the windows depending on how much cold you want entering the cabin at ngiht. Good to know its comfortable inside even during freezing temps as this was my main worry. I was thinking of a roof top tent but this not only cheaper, but also good for security purposes. haha! thanks again for the great review!
There is a solution that was posted here some time ago
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...on-for-in-vehicle-camping.32555/#post-1088315

If you buy the brown version of this product you don't even have to paint it, IMO. Additionally, the newer versions of this are glued together a lot better and require less "retouch". Home Depot no longer stocks these but you can order them for free ship to store. My local Lowes has them in stock, and there is of course always Amazon.

I wouldn't drive with these in place but they take 10s to put up. You may need to crawl into the back through the tailgate though, because it is best to be outside when closing the door with these in place

If you have money to burn you can try this
https://www.visualautowerks.com/products/bronco-window-vents-6th-gen?variant=39484812230717
IMO it is poorly designed. The grid on the windows is way, way, way too coarse to keep many bugs out. You will need to be gluing a noseeum mesh on these openings. I would buy them in a heartbeat for $50, but not for $190.

Ford's decision to make the doors frameless solved a problem for a small minority of users who actually take their doors off and want to store them in the vehicle and created a serious problem for a much larger population.

Last edited:

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The full DeepSleep solution is plush and comfy but bulky and takes away too much headroom in the sleeping area if you are 6 ft or over. It is also a hassle to store during the day when you don't need it.

I only purchased their leveling mats and then run a cheapish self inflatable sleeping mat from Amazon on top of it. Those are only 1.5-2 inches thick and it is easy to fold them over in two to free up the cargo area during the day, then unfold in the evening.
i only use one side, so my solution may not work for all and you’re right it’s kind of a pain rolling up the main mattress on multi day trips.

my solution. I just fold it over when I wake up and push the majority of the air out. Then cap it. I let the mostly deflated mattress float on top of my other stuff for the day. Doesn’t take much room at that point.

clean it and roll it up properly when I get home.

for me that works, as I love the extra depth, cush and r-value of the Deep Sleep.

Sponsored

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There is a solution that was posted here some time ago
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...on-for-in-vehicle-camping.32555/#post-1088315

If you buy the brown version of this product you don't even have to paint it, IMO. Additionally, the newer versions of this are glued together a lot better and require less "retouch". Home Depot no longer stocks these but you can order them for free ship to store. My local Lowes has them in stock, and there is of course always Amazon.

I wouldn't drive with these in place but they take 10s to put up. You may need to crawl into the back through the tailgate though, because it is best to be outside when closing the door with these in place

If you have money to burn you can try this
https://www.visualautowerks.com/products/bronco-window-vents-6th-gen?variant=39484812230717
IMO it is poorly designed. The grid on the windows is way, way, way too coarse to keep many bugs out. You will need to be gluing a noseeum mesh on these openings. I would buy them in a heartbeat for $50, but not for $190.

Ford's decision to make the doors frameless solved a problem for a small minority of users who actually take their doors off and want to store them in the vehicle and created a serious problem for a much larger population.
I used this same stuff from Home Depot, painted it black (wasted effort as it scratches easily and who cares what it looks like while sleeping) and I wrapped edges with a cloth harness tape to avoid scratching my truck. Cost me about $5 and works perfectly in rear windows.

deepsleep Overland

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Team deepsleep
Threads
Reaction score
Website
deepsleepoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, 21' Toyota 4runner, 23' 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

GRIFFINCONWAY

Badlands
First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you reach out to us so we can trouble shoot the issue and help?
You can contact us direct at [email protected] and we'll take care of you.
It happened the last several nights I was camping with it and I planned to reach out, but haven't got around to it yet. I will reach out to support now. Thanks for the follow up.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you reach out to us so we can trouble shoot the issue and help?
You can contact us direct at [email protected] and we'll take care of you.
If you release a topper that is about as thick as the leveling mat you will definitely get my money. No need to make it conform the the extra space around the doors, as it will not be thick enough to support the weight of a body. All I need it is 24+ inches in the shoulder area and 20+ in the foot area. If you decide to do something like this I suggest you make each a out 1/2 inch narrow in the foot area. Some of us run MOLLE panels down there.

Sponsored

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have these and used them on 3 camping trips. We really like them. 1 if the trips we used them in our tent instead of Bronco. They inflate well and deflate easily. They are pricey but I like mine.

JeffROK

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had mine for about a year, using both in my Bronco and tent camping in subzero temps. They work well to provide insulation and are super comfortable. One thing I can't stand about them is they really couldn't have gone any cheaper on the storage bags. There is absolutely no extra room so putting them away is a real pain. Further, the material of bag are very poor quality and have already torn although I'm very careful. For that price, it's almost an insult.

23BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting this. Been looking at this system since I first saw it in you post about camping in the Alabama Hills. Looking at it for solo hunting trips and think it will be perfect.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for posting this. Been looking at this system since I first saw it in you post about camping in the Alabama Hills. Looking at it for solo hunting trips and think it will be perfect.
Keep in mind that a gap fill solution is NOT included in the DeepSleep system, you will need to provide your own

23BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep in mind that a gap fill solution is NOT included in the DeepSleep system, you will need to provide your own
I’m only 5’8 so I doubt it’s a problem for me lol. If so I’ll find something to fill the gap. Thanks for the warning though!
Sponsored