First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONO
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How many of you think that you will not get your BRONCO in 2022, but in 2023?
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am a no reservation 10/25/21 new order. I will be surprised if I end up with a 2022.

Sponsored

JonD79

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was on the fence about ordering one because I just bought my 21 Tacoma last feb.
I think I am still going to put an order in because if it takes a year that's fine. I will be ready to change to a new car and not feel like I got rid of it too quickly by the time it comes in.
I would be ordering a Black Diamond with MIC top so I know it will take a long time because of that top

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There were 150K+ reservations in the first week, if they held the 70 ish percent order rate and even if they didn't screw over the RH's (reservation holders) with allocations, they would be hard pressed to get those (remaining from) the 100K units in 2022 as the hardtops are just not there.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you ordered within the 1 week it will likely be this year 2022.

however if you ordered after that. Your likely getting a 2023 model.

remember they arnt built in order order. They are built in batches.
meaning 1 day they will make nothing but 2.3L 4 door. Then 2.7 4 door ect. Based on percentages of what is needed.
so if you have an uncommon configuration (ei 2.7 2 door wild track) your gonna be more towards the back of the list vs a common one (2.3l 4 door big bend)

AnotherChef

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 Dually, 76 F150 resto-mod, 65 Mustang (pr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At this point, ill be happy to see ours by Dec of 23!!

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a day 2 res. Placed order and then of course placed again for a 22 since my 21 never got a vin.

Got a build date December. Since,every few weeks, I get notified it's been pushed.

TBH I don't even care anymore. My D90 is on a ship passed the Bermudas. I should have it in a few weeks.

One I actually get my Bronco I'll see what I feel like doing with it.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm a day 2 res. Placed order and then of course placed again for a 22 since my 21 never got a vin.

Got a build date December. Since,every few weeks, I get notified it's been pushed.

TBH I don't even care anymore. My D90 is on a ship passed the Bermudas. I should have it in a few weeks.

One I actually get my Bronco I'll see what I feel like doing with it.
Day 2. I think there was 150k reservations the first night. Its crazy but unless you got that first night. Yea 2023 for most

it sucks for ford that this pandemic hit JUST as they were launching so many new vehicles
Explorer, Escape, Explorer PHEV, Escape PHEV, Bronco, Bronco Sport, Mach E, Transit E, Lightning, Maverick, F150 Raptor, Bronco Raptor, New Ranger, New Mustang, And more all since Q4 2019 to 2023 Ford says they delayed like 3-4 more projects because of supply issues.

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

remember they arnt built in order order. They are built in batches.
meaning 1 day they will make nothing but 2.3L 4 door. Then 2.7 4 door ect. Based on percentages of what is needed.
I'm pretty sure this is not the case.

I toured MTP back in 2000. They were building Expeditions and Navigators on the same line, at the same time. A couple Expys, then a Nav, then more Expys, then a Nav, and so on.

I also toured AAI (Now just called Flat Rock) in 2007. They built GT500s, Mustang GTs, and V6 Mustangs, hardtops and convertibles, all on the same line, all at the same time. Not only that, but there were Mazda 6s sprinkled in. Random order, all day long. AAI was short for Auto Alliance International, a joint venture with Mazda, which explains why there were Mazda 6s in the mix.

The way the plants are set up, there is no advantage to running batches. Don't forget, the Broncos are shuffled on the line with Rangers, too.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm pretty sure this is not the case.

I toured MTP back in 2000. They were building Expeditions and Navigators on the same line, at the same time. A couple Expys, then a Nav, then more Expys, then a Nav, and so on.

I also toured AAI (Now just called Flat Rock) in 2007. They built GT500s, Mustang GTs, and V6 Mustangs, hardtops and convertibles, all on the same line, all at the same time. Not only that, but there were Mazda 6s sprinkled in. Random order, all day long. AAI was short for Auto Alliance International, a joint venture with Mazda, which explains why there were Mazda 6s in the mix.

The way the plants are set up, there is no advantage to running batches. Don't forget, the Broncos are shuffled on the line with Rangers, too.
Oh im not saying it CANT be that way. But just went to the Michigan plant in 2019 for a tour and they batch as much as possible. Yes its not 100% of the time. But definitely a large portion. Especially when you HAVE to pump out as many as possible.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’ve been told by the Ford 800 number people (drink) drop tow or don’t get scheduled in 2022. Which if that is the case, why are later reservations than mine with tow getting scheduled?

I have a feeling the scheduling logic is reversed from what it should be:
1) schedule all soft tops at a dealer
2) schedule all non-constrained builds at a dealer
3) if a dealer has any allocation left, then schedule the least constrained early reservations
4) if there is still allocation left schedule whichever most constrained builds you can that you have parts for

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been told by the Ford 800 number people (drink) drop tow or don’t get scheduled in 2022. Which if that is the case, why are later reservations than mine with tow getting scheduled?

I have a feeling the scheduling logic is reversed from what it should be:
1) schedule all soft tops at a dealer
2) schedule all non-constrained builds at a dealer
3) if a dealer has any allocation left, then schedule the least constrained early reservations
4) if there is still allocation left schedule whichever most constrained builds you can that you have parts for
I think that's not quite it, but I have no visibility into Ford's process, just going off of what I've gleaned from my own exposures to the inner workings of the auto industry. I think it's more like this:

1) build slot schedule defined based on staff/environmental factors
2) slots assigned to dealerships based on the allocation schedule
3) slot populated with build selected from that dealer's order list based on:
a) parts availability for a particular combo
b) reservation timestamp, if any
c) order timestamp of consumer orders
d) dealer stock orders (though I suspect these have an entirely separate allocation schedule)

the end result being that if your dealer is low on the allocation priority schedule and you have a constrained build, you may be delayed indefinitely. Conversely, if your dealer is high on that priority schedule and you have a non-constrained or lightly-constrained build, you would get scheduled very quickly. An example is the tow package - if they only have enough weekly capacity to fill, say, 10% of the demand for tow packages then only the highest priority ones will get scheduled and the rest stay in the pool for the next scheduling event.

There could be some sort of rotating priority, there could be lots of factors I just haven't considered, but I'm pretty sure this isn't too far off from reality.
Sponsored