JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The 2.3L is the standard engine.
The standard transmission is the 7 speed (6+1 crawler gear) Getrag transmission manual. Specification page included below to support info.

You could always order the BL with 2.3L and manual and it comes with the lockers front and rear on 33” tires. And there was never a mention of later delivery for this combo.

Then it’s announced manual and Sasquatch now available but with a late 2021 delivery. Manual trans has never been available with 2.7L engine so no need talking about that combo. My question is why would a BL mansquatch have a late 2021 delivery? What could possibly cause a late delay stepping a BL manual to a mansquatch?

Ford Bronco Mansquatch delay, why? 121289C3-22C8-49C2-B745-0DDFDC478DAA
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What could possibly cause a late delay stepping a BL manual to a mansquatch?
Even though the parts should be available, there is additional testing and qualification required. The resources to do that are probably already consumed in qualifying the mainstream configurations.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even though the parts should be available, there is additional testing and qualification required. The resources to do that are probably already consumed in qualifying the mainstream configurations.
A majority of people will order an auto squatch will be more profitable. Plain and simple.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
None of the reply’s tries to explain why in the beginning you could get a manual badlands with no delay, but if you want to go up 2” on the tires with Sasquatch package it’s a 6 month delay.

Badlands auto and Sasquatch is no delay. Badlands non Sasquatch already has the electronic components, so why the 6 month delay?

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe they see too many squash coming and they won’t be able to supply rims/tires/suspensions... delay mansquash and you earn yourself som time on the supply chain! I

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

None of the reply’s tries to explain why in the beginning you could get a manual badlands with no delay, but if you want to go up 2” on the tires with Sasquatch package it’s a 6 month delay.

Badlands auto and Sasquatch is no delay. Badlands non Sasquatch already has the electronic components, so why the 6 month delay?
Because processes need to be remapped, even minor parts differences need to be accounted for, workforces need to be reallocated to align with schedules, timeframes, expected demand etc and they may have additional government required testing for this config.

For you and I building one in the garage it’s different tires and a bump stop, super easy. For Ford to add a whole different configuration to their assembly line it takes a hell of a lot of work, regardless of how minor the changes may be from other currently available configs.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They probably only contracted for 10K MTs and are now scrambling to change contract and increase production.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

they have to return X thousand 10 speed automatic transmission to China, get those through Chinese customs (with a six week hold for inspection at port), get those exchanged for the appropriate mt-88 transmissions, get the replacement mt-88 shipped by slow freight to LA, hold six weeks to clear US customs, and release to manufacturing.

easy 6 months delay.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They probably only contracted for 10K MTs and are now scrambling to change contract and increase production.
If that’s the case then MT Broncos of any trim would be delayed.

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
they have to return X thousand 10 speed automatic transmission to China, get those through Chinese customs (with a six week hold for inspection at port), get those exchanged for the appropriate mt-88 transmissions, get the replacement mt-88 shipped by slow freight to LA, hold six weeks to clear US customs, and release to manufacturing.

easy 6 months delay.
10 speed auto trans is made in the USA. No need to send any auto trans to China. No exchange needed, and therefore no delay. I think your reasoning is flawed with all due respect.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having complained about all the people here complaining about every little detail, I do recognize your complaint and would be complaining with you if I were the type to complain much...

I was on the basemansquatch bandwagon, still kind of on it, but now doing deep soul searching to see if I can truly wait, or buy into Ford's strategy and move to a BL. Plus CO color has got me wondering all my life's choices to this point.

AHop

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 F250 Highboy, '96 Miata M-Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Each powertrain combination (engine, transmission, transfer case, final drive ratio, and even specific tire size) must be tested and certified by the EPA. Government agencies are slow and don't work on timelines that normal consumers want. Since the Sasquatch package wasn't initially intended to be paired with the manual, that testing has not occurred nor was it scheduled in a timely manner. If it were a simple tweak of the software or throwing on new components, that could be done easily. Anything involving emissions standards is not so easy.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Simple. Marketing...
Sponsored