Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone else allowing mansquatch availability drive their choice between BD and BL?
I'd just as soon have the BD with the MS, but if I have to wait until next fall for delivery, I'm thinking I will just order a BL, and add tires/wheels when the original's wear out. It's my understanding the suspension is the same?
Using the survey pricing spreadsheet I found on here somewhere, The BD w/ MS is within spittin' distance price wise with a BL w/o squatch.

B&P sure would be nice, but I want to know when MS will be available!
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The BN question/answer period with "Ford Engineers" asked about the Sasquatch suspension vs. the Badlands/Wildtrack (I get those 2 confused, the more trick one is the one I mean). That engineer said "They are basically the same" but then went to list about 5 different things that indicated they were NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The BN question/answer period with "Ford Engineers" asked about the Sasquatch suspension vs. the Badlands/Wildtrack (I get those 2 confused, the more trick one is the one I mean). That engineer said "They are basically the same" but then went to list about 5 different things that indicated they were NOT EVEN CLOSE.
I’m getting the same information, clear as mud. They really need to clarify it. How can you even make a decision

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would really probably be happy with a reg Black Diamond with 285s, but I’ve pretty much decided I’m willing to wait for the Mansquatch, because thats just going to be a really unique vehicle, and they may only be available for one year.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like if you wait, there is always something Ford will be teasing to make you want to wait even longer. Just get the Badlands, through on 35's/beadlocks/fenders and put on a 2" lift when available. Betting it will still be before a Mansquatch rolls off the line.

Sponsored
OP
OP
KyTruckPlant

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like if you wait, there is always something Ford will be teasing to make you want to wait even longer. Just get the Badlands, through on 35's/beadlocks/fenders and put on a 2" lift when available. Betting it will still be before a Mansquatch rolls off the line.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. With the front and rear lockers, and if the upgraded shocks are the same, all I can really see being the difference is lift/wheels/tires.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The only thing the Mansqutch needed was a tweak in the software. The components already existed. I can’t imagine any real delay for it.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's a couple extra months at this point to get what you want? So I have to wait 12 months instead of 9? Or whatever it is. I plan to keep this Bronco a long time. A couple months is nothing to get what I want.

Unless they come out and say it will be 2022 delivery for mansquatch, I'll convert my first night reservation for a mansquatch and wait a couple more months.

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's a couple extra months at this point to get what you want? So I have to wait 12 months instead of 9? Or whatever it is. I plan to keep this Bronco a long time. A couple months is nothing to get what I want.

Unless they come out and say it will be 2022 delivery for mansquatch, I'll convert my first night reservation for a mansquatch and wait a couple more months.
I agree mostly, I just remember reading it would be pushed back to late 2021, which could also mean early 2022. And I have a day 1 reservation, that could mean waiting 5-7 months extra. That’s half a year!

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All this is may be moot once we get BnP. Or not.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree mostly, I just remember reading it would be pushed back to late 2021, which could also mean early 2022. And I have a day 1 reservation, that could mean waiting 5-7 months extra. That’s half a year!
I have a first hour reservation, so don't think I take waiting lightly.
I'm overly optimistic and pessimistic at the same time. I don't think initial delivery will be before summer and I don't think the mansquatch delay will be beyond fall. 2-3 months delay is what I'm thinking, and since I have a very early reservation, I expect my mansquatch to be built soon after Ford says build them.

I average 10 years ownership on my vehicles, so the extra 3 months wait won't be that big of a deal in the overall picture. Yeah, I'd like to have it sooner, but I'd much rather get exactly what I want.

Now, if we find out it's more like 9-12 months wait, then it might change things for me.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
May not be a bad move to be honest..
With what I’ve seen from “pre-production” photos of tailgate sag, panel lines and gaps not being even, and other bits I’m sure not being captured; waiting it out could give them time to work out these kinks.
This is also coming from a day 1 res. holder that’s been less than stoked about the rollout so far.

Remember, it’s not always that fun to be 1st to the party. I’d rather come fashionably late and have everyone liquored up by the time I get there so I don’t have to make small talk with Rob and Jennie telling me about their recently proposed engagement over some olive charcuterie while the calamari is still being prepped and kegs not being tapped yet.

Last edited:

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May not be a bad move to be honest..
With what I’ve seen from “pre-production” photos of tailgate sag, panel lines and gaps not being even, and other bits I’m sure not being captured; waiting it out could give them time to work out these kinks.
This is also coming from a day 1 res. holder that’s been less than stoked about the rollout so far.

Remember, it’s not always that fun to be 1st to the party. I’d rather come fashionably late and have everyone liquored up by the time I get there so I don’t have to make small talk with Rob and Jennie telling me about their recently proposed engagement.
Good point. There’s just something about being one of the first rolling around seeing people rubber neck. Or I could amount that to arrogance?

Hmm, Rob and Jennie are good people. They just talk way too much.
Sponsored