Sponsored

Delivered! 4 door BL SAS. Makes me curious...

Sethsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Pinzgauer 718
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long time reader, first time poster.
We just received our Bronco on 12/6, but has me puzzled reading other peoples experiences. I was a week late to get a reservation, my salesman at Interstate Ford in Dacono Colorado said, let's just roll the dice and put in an order for a MY 21 Bronco before we convert you to a 22. That was August 6th.
We ordered a Badlands SAS with the 2.7, towing, lux, leather, but got rid of the hard tops since they had so many issues at that time.
September 2nd I get an email saying we have a build date of November 2nd. It got delayed until the week of November 8th, with a built email on the 11th.
I guess I don't understand why I still read that even some day one reservation holders are waiting for a date, especially since I have some of the items that Ford says are back logged, the 2.7, lux, SAS, etc...

All that being said, for those still waiting, it is so worth the wait! This is by far the nicest vehicle I've ever owned. The technology is awesome, the Bronco looks so much better in person then pictures!
Anyway, curious about other people's dates and reservations.

IMG_20211206_122539.jpg

IMG_20211206_164635.jpg
Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The soft top got you built. Many 4-door people don't want the soft top, and us 2-door people can't get a soft top.
Congrats to you though. Bronco looks GREAT!!

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered from the same dealership. I reserved on 10-15-20 and ordered 10-16-21.
Still no VIN. I ordered a two door Badlands Sasquatch Lux. Hopfully I get the VIN soon.
Congrats!!! It looks awesome.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All about the soft top. If you have a buildable unit and others don't (because of the hard top), you're gonna get picked up before them, regardless of reservation date.

2w1se

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Long time reader, first time poster.
We just received our Bronco on 12/6, but has me puzzled reading other peoples experiences. I was a week late to get a reservation, my salesman at Interstate Ford in Dacono Colorado said, let's just roll the dice and put in an order for a MY 21 Bronco before we convert you to a 22. That was August 6th.
We ordered a Badlands SAS with the 2.7, towing, lux, leather, but got rid of the hard tops since they had so many issues at that time.
September 2nd I get an email saying we have a build date of November 2nd. It got delayed until the week of November 8th, with a built email on the 11th.
I guess I don't understand why I still read that even some day one reservation holders are waiting for a date, especially since I have some of the items that Ford says are back logged, the 2.7, lux, SAS, etc...

All that being said, for those still waiting, it is so worth the wait! This is by far the nicest vehicle I've ever owned. The technology is awesome, the Bronco looks so much better in person then pictures!
Anyway, curious about other people's dates and reservations.

IMG_20211206_122539.jpg

IMG_20211206_164635.jpg
2 issues, hard top and dealer allocation. Some people have an order with a dealer that has more orders than ford will give them.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sethsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Pinzgauer 718
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! The hard top had me reasoning that I would just drive with the soft top for a year or two and then there would probably be aftermarket options at that point, or Ford would have some available. Lol.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! The hard top had me reasoning that I would just drive with the soft top for a year or two and then there would probably be aftermarket options at that point, or Ford would have some available. Lol.
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/VyQHhC1rACVOFGWBjq" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Day 2 res with a soft top and nothing for me...it is dealer allocations that allow folks with later reservations to get theirs.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For a long time Ford was pushing the narrative that reservation timestamp was the most important of several factors. The way things played out, with major supply problems and Ford's ill-conceived decision to map reservations onto the traditional allocation system, timestamp turned out to be relatively unimportant.

In short: Ford messed up and left a lot of people feeling hoodwinked.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats, your Bronco looks sweet. I have mine ordered through Interstate as well (no reservation). From what I gather, they have somewhere between 200-300 orders in right now. Just curious who your salesman is/was, if you don't mind me asking. I've been working with Brandon.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Sethsquatch I ordered from the same dealer on 8/20, OBX SAS High tow and mine is in transit right now. Looks like we got lucky with Interstate's allocation and by going to soft top.

OP
OP

Sethsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Pinzgauer 718
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats, your Bronco looks sweet. I have mine ordered through Interstate as well (no reservation). From what I gather, they have somewhere between 200-300 orders in right now. Just curious who your salesman is/was, if you don't mind me asking. I've been working with Brandon.
I figured out how to quote people!
So we worked with Phil Fornby, he was awesome! No pressure, nice guy, the finance guy Robbie was super nice too. Got good vibes from that dealer.
Sponsored