Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
  • Banned
So can I pick it up on delivery day or will the dealer make me wait a day to prep it. I don't really care about prep, just inspect it and give it to me.
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on your dealer - I always tell mine "minimal prep - so what you have to for PDI, but otherwise leave all wrap, paper, etc intact and don't even think about washing it!" I picked up both my Jeep and Pcifica the day they arrived.

What I really can't stand is dealers that give some kid a buffer to "detail" brand new cars. I call it "dealer installed swirl marks" :D

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on your dealer - I always tell mine "minimal prep - so what you have to for PDI, but otherwise leave all wrap, paper, etc intact and don't even think about washing it!" I picked up both my Jeep and Pcifica the day they arrived.

What I really can't stand is dealers that give some kid a buffer to "detail" brand new cars. I call it "dealer installed swirl marks" :D
My dealership did a full PDI within 24 hours of delivery. I was happy with that. I would have gotten it the same day, however my salesperson noted that nobody touch the vehicle until I come inspect it (which wasn’t until the afternoon) - made my day, and ensured the front license plate frame wasn’t installed ;)

Bmancpa

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Cadillac Allante, 2015 Mercedes C400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I called dealer at 9:45 for an update Thursday. After a 5 minute hold he told me it came in at 8:47 that day. We got to dealership at 4:30 and drove away at 6:30. They did all financing (1.99%!)and prep within that time!

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealership did a full PDI within 24 hours of delivery. I was happy with that. I would have gotten it the same day, however my salesperson noted that nobody touch the vehicle until I come inspect it - made my day, and ensured the front license plate frame wasn’t installed ;)
Oh, don't even get me started on dealers that install the front license plate, often drilling holes through pristine front covers to put their dealer logo plate on when a front plate isn't required.

I recently moved from FL to PA because we want to raise our kids with seasons, and my sister in VA thinks I'm crazy because she wanted me to move near here, and I told her I wouldn't move to any state that requires front plates :D

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, don't even get me started on dealers that install the front license plate, often drilling holes through pristine front covers to put their dealer logo plate on when a front plate isn't required.

I recently moved from FL to PA because we want to raise our kids with seasons, and my sister in VA thinks I'm crazy because she wanted me to move near here, and I told her I wouldn't move to any state that requires front plates :D
There was no dealership branding on my vehicle either. Although most people probably don’t care, some people don’t want to be a rolling billboard when we’ve just spent tens of thousands of dollars on a vehicle.

And to your last comment - I could care less about having a front license plate. I live in one of the best places on Earth (biased, I know) and can think of alternative ways of mounting my front plate.

OP
OP
SmellzLikeYeti

SmellzLikeYeti

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
  • Banned
I have 2 DIOs so I hope its not long!

DEALER INSTALLED OPTIONS Fender Flare Kit (Air Design) 760.00 Tops-Full/Front Rw/Mesh Shade 3,150.00

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have 2 DIOs so I hope its not long!

DEALER INSTALLED OPTIONS Fender Flare Kit (Air Design) 760.00 Tops-Full/Front Rw/Mesh Shade 3,150.00
Did you have to add those at time of order or were you able to add them later? My build date got pulled in and I was thinking about a sound bar but with Christmas/New Year my rep has been out.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine was half prepped, they pulled the plastic, drove it the required miles (per ford) and that’s it. I rushed them to get it asap and after I got it home and washed it I found 3 dents. Dealer ended up taking care of them but they were unsure ford would reimburse them.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ask them to NOT run it through their washing bay unless it is brushless. Do a walk-around inspection (photos) and then take it through the nearest wand or brushless wash and inspect it again. I have a detailer ready to give mine a clay bar cleaning (shipping rust/dust/other nasties will be on the paint). Add your vinyl stripes or decals, etc. before waxing or ceramic coating if possible. Of course, this does not apply to those "serious" off-roaders! LOL
Sponsored