Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree on that Gladiator Mojave. Problem is, I drank the blue Kool Aid long ago.
I just went to the jeep website and priced out a mojave. You can get that thing up to about $60k with a few (what I would consider mandatory) options.

Not a bad looking desert runner though.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was told by a very highly reliable source, the reservation "means absolutely nothing" comments only are true as for the order. They will be combining like orders to batch the vehicles for greatest efficiency. So if order 3, 10, 25, and 115 are all similar orders, they'll be made in the same batch as opposed to an inefficient and fully "first come first served" method.

I'd like to believe just about everyone would expect something like this, so it makes complete sense.
If you watch Ford assembly line videos, it usually shows a random mix on the line. Not sure why Bronco would differ? Also, aren't they on the same line as Ranger or just in the same plant?

moresmoke

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Chief
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would guess Ford will open ordering to a block of reservation holders. Then, once you order, your build date will somewhat follow your order date. The ambitious soul that gets down to their dealer pronto and places the order will get priority over the one that goes in a month later.

As far as build order, I haven’t studied Fords methodology, but there is no reason to assume they need to be built in like batches. The suppliers ship the parts in sequence so they show up to the line in the order needed. I think timing is much more likely to be dictated by lack of certain parts. If they are short manual transmissions, some of us will have to wait while the build a bunch of autos.

Svanhildr

Black Diamond
First Name
Christal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you watch Ford assembly line videos, it usually shows a random mix on the line. Not sure why Bronco would differ? Also, aren't they on the same line as Ranger or just in the same plant?
That is the method I was told they were taking, I am just relaying the information. From the way it sounded and what I saw, it doesn't seem it will be the same line, but it may be since I know it's on the same platform. So many things are specific to this build.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What i'm seeing and hearing from Ford follows almost to the letter exactly how the Ranger pre-sale process went with orders. (GF pre-ordered a Ranger Lariat and we went through the entire process from order, to vin generation, to tracking progress to shipment)

And your reservation # in a vacuum meant essentially nothing. It was what content/model/trim/options you wanted and your reservation number put you in order within that specific queue. Then the vehicles are made in "batches" based upon parts content, parts availability and parts delivery expectations.

In her case, she ended up waiting an extra 6 months for her truck to start assembly because she ordered the $95 external keypad which had manufacturing errors so they were back-ordered. They couldn't even start building her truck without 100% parts content.

Then you get to see your truck is built as it sits in a warehouse while the shipping is worked out so your truck goes on a train with as few stops as possible. That was only another 3 week delay for her, some people had to wait months.

Overall, my point of sharing this first-hand experience with a recent pre-order of a brand new Ford product is that it's mostly apples-to-apples. And that was before Covid-19 could further impact parts availability!

Just enjoy the process! (These forums will start to get very strange once deliveries start and the pie-in-the-sky conspiracy theories start flying!)

Somebody with time on their hands should go over to the Ranger forum so they can see how it went... Fun times!

Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Same line but two separate body shops that merge onto the main assembly line.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd be very surprised if they were built in batches. I was always told that they had to have variance to keep everything running at full speed. If they're only doing V6s, the 4 cyl engine plant would get backed up, same with auto vs manual. Everything's just in time now so they can't store parts for batches. Same issue holds true on Tires, axles, etc, I think they have to build them mixed, question is will Ford order the right parts for the mix we want?

I also remember reading an article (hot rod or some magazine) on one of the older GT500's that they built one every X number of cars as the engine was so tight any more they'd have to slow the line, but in this volume they could get it done at full speed.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone know how many reservations have been made so far?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know how many reservations have been made so far?
More than one less than a gazillion...

ballpark or so I guess..

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel for the few dealers that didn't sign up for the reservation program, Ford said it was optional, but didn't mention (nor did I expect) that the whole year would go to this program, so other than the Mannequin program (which isn't announced yet, should be 2 units if same as Bronco Sport), they won't be getting any Broncos.

It also scares me that with this kind of demand, Ford may exclude Bronco from Plan pricing, it would really suck not to get D plan on mine.
I reached out to my dealer (I have purchased or leased a lots of vehicles from them) and they replied that they would not mark up the vehicle and would honor A/Z plan.
Sponsored