JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are pushing into 2022, why not just hold off and get a 2022 model year at some point.
Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Come December, when LOTS of people decide to not actually make the order and plunk down a real deposit, I suspect things will speed up a bit.
Smart dealers will not ask for any deposit beyond the $100 they already have. If the deposit customer doesn’t close the transaction they will have the vehicle sold to another buyer within a day or two. They are effectively getting a dealer allocation when no dealer allocation is available.

If I were a dealer I’d continue to make the $100 refundable after the production order. Any dealer would want all Broncos they could get in 2021.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you follow along on FB (Ford Bronco 2021 public group) you have a lot of people saying the reservation means absolutely nothing in terms of your order and delivery timing. That seems to conflict with Ford's FAQs.
Looking at the amount of conflicting info here, one can only expect FB to be even worse. You do have to wonder what's going on in the rest of the Bronco world? With the relatively small amount of members here, what does the big picture look like?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It also scares me that with this kind of demand, Ford may exclude Bronco from Plan pricing, it would really suck not to get D plan on mine.
I suspect if that happens, another sizable amount of reservations will get flushed. Many are counting on plan pricing to cover some of the options they want to add.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, practically speaking, how do we really envision ordering being processed? Is it something like the first (in time) 'x' number of reservations get notified by their dealer (or Ford?) that they have 'y' (like 2) days to come into their dealer and place an order, after that and the reservation is lost and they move to a next, in time batch of reservations? Or, will it be a free for all (land rush) to order at one point in time and then orders and production will be somewhat prioritized based on reservation date? Or, what exactly? I'm curious as to how reservation priority will play itself out and actually matter.
I would think once they're ready for full production and they expect to be able to build 1200 per day, they'll notify about that many every day until all have been notified and give them something like a week to turn their reservation into an order or Ford will cancel it.

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suspect if that happens, another sizable amount of reservations will get flushed. Many are counting on plan pricing to cover some of the options they want to add.
For me, I think X-Plan will save like $1000 to $1500. Obviously that's money I'd rather have (duh) but, to be honest, in the grand scheme of things, it isn't *that* much on a $50-60k purchase.

So if Ford decides not to offer X-Plan pricing on the new Bronco, as much as it would pain me, I would still pay *gulp* MSRP.

At this point, my mind is made up and there are really only 2 ways I wouldn't go through with it.

1) Delivery date (due to COVID or anything else) gets pushed past June of 2021. If I'm told it would be in July or later I'll probably cancel and try to get a 2022 or 2023.

2) Let's say Ford doesn't allow X-Plan to be offered and then my local dealer does not keep their word, deciding to charge more than MSRP. Again, I'd cancel and wait until the demand cools down.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point, if you don't have a reservation, it's probably better to roll the dice and search for a cancelation and order a 2022 if you don't see one you like pop up.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For me, I think X-Plan will save like $1000 to $1500. Obviously that's money I'd rather have (duh) but, to be honest, in the grand scheme of things, it isn't *that* much on a $50-60k purchase.

So if Ford decides not to offer X-Plan pricing on the new Bronco, as much as it would pain me, I would still pay *gulp* MSRP.

At this point, my mind is made up and there are really only 2 ways I wouldn't go through with it.

1) Delivery date (due to COVID or anything else) gets pushed past June of 2021. If I'm told it would be in July or later I'll probably cancel and try to get a 2022 or 2023.

2) Let's say Ford doesn't allow X-Plan to be offered and then my local dealer does not keep their word, deciding to charge more than MSRP. Again, I'd cancel and wait until the demand cools down.
Pretty much my feelings as well. Likely most customers don't have plan pricing available to them, so they're stuck with whatever the price is or don't buy. I don't think I'd go past June. At that point, I should have quite a bit more saved up and try for an Aviator which is my ideal choice or Explorer ST. Those I know have plan pricing as well as incentives.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If this gets screwed up like some people are mentioning - I will be in a Defender or Gladiator, that Mojave trim is looking real good. But I am not panicking yet.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If this gets screwed up like some people are mentioning - I will be in a Defender or Gladiator, that Mojave trim is looking real good. But I am not panicking yet.
I agree on that Gladiator Mojave. Problem is, I drank the blue Kool Aid long ago.

Svanhildr

Black Diamond
First Name
Christal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you follow along on FB (Ford Bronco 2021 public group) you have a lot of people saying the reservation means absolutely nothing in terms of your order and delivery timing. That seems to conflict with Ford's FAQs.
I was told by a very highly reliable source, the reservation "means absolutely nothing" comments only are true as for the order. They will be combining like orders to batch the vehicles for greatest efficiency. So if order 3, 10, 25, and 115 are all similar orders, they'll be made in the same batch as opposed to an inefficient and fully "first come first served" method.

I'd like to believe just about everyone would expect something like this, so it makes complete sense.
Sponsored