First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So guys and gals out there. After forever and a day I picked up my Bronco Tuesday. It was odd in that after waiting soooo long, the emotion just wasn’t there. I was equally sad to see the F150 go as I was happy that I was getting the Bronco. But - I am ecstatic and happy now a few days in.

My question for all you people out there who are smarter than me is this:
I was told my price protection didn’t apply!
And my sound deadening headliner was deleted for the same reason.
That reason being I changed my order from Big Bend to Black Diamond.

I went thru the price protection chart from B6G with the dealer manager and he says he called Ford and they said no, void due to change.

I went through that chart several times and seems in my pea brain that I was eligible. That was verified not two weeks ago in person with the inventory control/new vehicle order person at the dealership, she checked her computer and yes, I appeared to qualify for two pp plans. Hmm.

If you have stuck with me so far here is my timeline backed up by saved emails:

7/24/2020 original big bend order

3/13/2021 got so frustrated, cancelled order (might have been liquor induced)

3/18/2021 sober now - reordered (then obviously pushed to 2022)

10/13/2021 Ford email saying order bank live for those pushed to ’22

10/14/2021 Sent order to dealer

10/15/2021 Dealer ordered after verifying specifics

10/19/2021 Ford email confirming order

01/07/2022 Change to Black Diamond after finally getting to see Broncos in person

01/07/2022 Ford email confirming change

After that there are the normal emails of production delays, shipping changes, dealer interactions…..
My question is do ya’ll think I qualify or not?
If I do, what is my recourse to recoup the cost?

Thanks for making the last 2 plus years of waiting bearable with your info and stories,
Sponsored

OP
OP

tylerca

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Holy mother of Moses! Just spoke with Ford Corp Customer Service and they tell me the price protection is totally up the the dealer whether they want to participate or honor it!!!
I asked how Ford as a corporation can promise someone something for so long and then fall back on "read the fine print/disclaimers"....amazing - guess I answered my own question.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So guys and gals out there. After forever and a day I picked up my Bronco Tuesday. It was odd in that after waiting soooo long, the emotion just wasn’t there. I was equally sad to see the F150 go as I was happy that I was getting the Bronco. But - I am ecstatic and happy now a few days in.

I went thru the price protection chart from B6G with the dealer manager and he says he called Ford and they said no, void due to change.

I went through that chart several times and seems in my pea brain that I was eligible. That was verified not two weeks ago in person with the inventory control/new vehicle order person at the dealership, she checked her computer and yes, I appeared to qualify for two pp plans. Hmm.

01/07/2022 Change to Black Diamond after finally getting to see Broncos in person

After that there are the normal emails of production delays, shipping changes, dealer interactions…..

Thanks for making the last 2 plus years of waiting bearable with your info and stories,
Curious, how much more did the vehicle cost you WITHOUT the price protection? Is it worth the additional cost to you? I had the same sense of loss or ambiguity as you mention, when I traded in my 2016 F-150 on my 2021 OBX in October of 2021. I do still miss the storage space, but I dont miss parking it. Overall, I have no regrets. I hope you enjoy your new vehicle. It should keep its value pretty well!

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LuckyNotAccurate

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had to push back on my dealer Tuesday night as well, because Ford didn't have my Price Protection offer in the system so I've become a mini-expert on this recently (I'm my case it was a glitch because I moved states halfway through the process).

The 2023 Price Protection program is a private offer rebate that the dealers can pull for each person/order on an individual basis, which is very different from last year, when it was a general program from Ford. Which means it's either in the system for you or not. The dealer can claim the offer if it's in the system. They then apply that to the purchase as additional downpayment (it doesn't count pre-tax unfortunately), or they can have Ford cut you a check. Of course, a shady dealer might be tempted to claim the offer for themselves and not pass it on to you, the customer.

In OP's case, based on the timelime provided you should qualify for Group B price protection. Sounds like the dealer either doesn't want to honor it/is planning on claiming it for themselves OR you're in a similar situation to me and the system doesn't have your offer in there for some reason. My advise is to politely but firmly push back and tell them you qualify for the private offer price protection and to check the system again.

This thread at the "other" site has some good info too: https://thebronconation.com/news-n.21/price-protection-amounts-for-2023-bronco-t.16055/

Sponsored

MikeinTN

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

9/2020 order here....I never touched it since then, my dealer said my price protection was good and would be I think 3500 or something like that last week.
I was told that ALL discounts are void at the end of MY23's. I think you lost the price protection when you where bouncing around in frustration .

OP
OP

tylerca

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My sin, according to Ford, was when I went from big bend to black diamond. Msrp increased by $1200 or so, so I said what the hey - I want it.
But taking away the roof liner? C ‘mon guys!! 😉

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My sin, according to Ford, was when I went from big bend to black diamond. Msrp increased by $1200 or so, so I said what the hey - I want it.
But taking away the roof liner? C ‘mon guys!! 😉
They did say changing between models or 4x4 options voids PP in an earlier communication

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How much will adding HOSS 3.0 change my pricing? Adding HOSS 3.0 to an existing Wildtrak order will add $2,515 MSRP. It is a simple feature and does not trigger a change in series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system.

What qualifies as a series, equipment package, number of door, or 4x4 system change? An example of a series change would be going from Badlands to Big Bend. An equipment package refers to base, mid, high, or lux package. A door change would mean going from a 4 door to 2 door and vice versa. A 4x4 system change reflects changing to or from the standard 4x4 system to the advanced 4x4 system.

tikiman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Volkswagen Vanagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, was this for a 2022 or 2023? According to the November 4 Ford memo posted on the 2023 Private Offer flowchart thread, model changes do not change or cancel the offer:

"Q: What types of changes can be made to an order now without impacting the 2023 Bronco Model Year Transition Private Offer amount?

A: The offer amounts are based off what was reserved or ordered prior to the model year change over. Changes to orders after September 9, 2022 will not impact 2023 Bronco Model Year Transition Private Offer amounts."

That said, Ford's 1-800 number said that it is up to the dealer as well, so I have no idea if my own offer will remain intact if and when I finally get my Bronco (switched from BD to BL)...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/atta...ransition-private-offer-pgm-38644-pdf.433257/
Sponsored