Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I happened to check my bank account this morning and noticed that the dealership had refunded my $100 deposit/reservation. In a bit of a panic I called the dealer and asked him why he had no clue why. He thought it’s possibly because they are converting reservations to orders. And I asked him then do you think there’s a chance there’s a mistake? he goes I don’t think so but I’ll check on Monday...so anyone else had this happen and should I be worried? If this is something that’s been covered before?? I must’ve missed it so excuse me if this is something that was supposed to happen.
Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I happened to check my bank account this morning and noticed that the dealership had refunded my $100 deposit/reservation. In a bit of a panic I called the dealer and asked him why he had no clue why. He thought it’s possibly because they are converting reservations to orders. And I asked him then do you think there’s a chance there’s a mistake? he goes I don’t think so but I’ll check on Monday...so anyone else had this happen and should I be worried? If this is something that’s been covered before?? I must’ve missed it so excuse me if this is something that was supposed to happen.
Did you change dealerships? I know that when people changed to Granger, the $100 was refunded.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hasn’t happened to me

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another thread for the History timeline - The first time someone got falsely booted??

Edit: OP panicked - If this happens people should first log onto FORD account to confirm

Last edited:

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It stinks to do it but maybe make another reservation JUST IN CASE? Not sure if the deal can cancel your reservation though.

vrasmussen

Badlands
First Name
Vee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It gets refunded if you change dealers. It’s up to the new dealer if they want you to pay it. That is what I was told by Ford when I changed dealers.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The email my dealer sent me said that once they will be refunding the reservation $$ during ordering. Perhaps Ford jumped the gun.

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you switched dealers, the original $100 is always returned sometimes with a delay

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The email my dealer sent me said that once they will be refunding the reservation $$ during ordering. Perhaps Ford jumped the gun.
The money went to the dealer and not Ford. If you got a refund then it was from a dealer.

Sponsored

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The money went to the dealer and not Ford. If you got a refund then it was from a dealer.
My bad. I caught that. Anyway, my dealer stated they will refund the reservation cash when the order is entered and they take the deposit. Perhaps his dealer is just ahead of the game.

jrustyasl

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle: Honda VTX 1300
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you change dealerships? I know that when people changed to Granger, the $100 was refunded.
Same as me, I changed dealerships and got my 100 bucks back and they said (Ford and the dealership) that my reservation was still good!! So I wouldn’t worry about it too much but just confirm with Ford Marketing!

Reactions: sjp

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My bad. I caught that. Anyway, my dealer stated they will refund the reservation cash when the order is entered and they take the deposit. Perhaps his dealer is just ahead of the game.
Maybe? If they have access to the Web Based Dealer Ordering system. But wouldn't that be odd? 3 days early?

BroncoDawg

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT, 2018 Kia Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I actually just got a refund as well. In my case however, the dealership that I initially reserved with was bought about three months ago, and the old dealership still showing as the reservation holder. I just logged into my Ford account and now the new dealership is showing. Imagine they had to transfer all reservations in advance of the 19th.

Niksterb

Badlands
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I actually just got a refund as well. In my case however, the dealership that I initially reserved with was bought about three months ago, and the old dealership still showing as the reservation holder. I just logged into my Ford account and now the new dealership is showing. Imagine they had to transfer all reservations in advance of the 19th.
Any chance this is Nalley/Jim Elllis? I had my deposit returned as well today and was with Nalley though still considering a move. If so, how have you found communication from the “new” dealership?
Sponsored