nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it was 95 degrees and sunny out, the first nice day in chicago in what feels like 2 weeks (we've gotten a lot of rain). Naturally i had Max AC on and the windows down cuz im an idiot. I went and picked my sister up from the airport and before we got home the AC was spitting air straight form the gates of hell. it was hotten inside the car then outside. I immediatly dropped my sister off at the house and went over to the closest dealer and dropped it off. We had a family trip planned to michigan and the dealer had " no loners or inventory available". i ubered over to Hertz got in a mini van (shot to the ego) and went home. A tech called me saturday morning to let me know, "the machine used to test the AC system is broken and wont be fixed till monday". i just called them (9:02am) and their machine is still not fixed. so bassicly no movment and i cant afford to rental a car forever. any idea what to do and what the problem may be?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So it was 95 degrees and sunny out, the first nice day in chicago in what feels like 2 weeks (we've gotten a lot of rain). Naturally i had Max AC on and the windows down cuz im an idiot. I went and picked my sister up from the airport and before we got home the AC was spitting air straight form the gates of hell. it was hotten inside the car then outside. I immediatly dropped my sister off at the house and went over to the closest dealer and dropped it off. We had a family trip planned to michigan and the dealer had " no loners or inventory available". i ubered over to Hertz got in a mini van (shot to the ego) and went home. A tech called me saturday morning to let me know, "the machine used to test the AC system is broken and wont be fixed till monday". i just called them (9:02am) and their machine is still not fixed. so bassicly no movment and i cant afford to rental a car forever. any idea what to do and what the problem may be?
Hi Nick. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Windows open or top off shouldn't affect the AC cooling. If no errors popped up I'd say you lost refrigerant.

Bsenecal

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger crew cab, '17 Fusion sport, '68 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We are having the same issue, tried our AC in every mode and only blew slightly cool air, it was a very hot day 90, but still a 6 month old $56,000 vehicle should be throwing out cold air.
Called the dealership we purchased from, no appointments for over 3 weeks, called another and they have us on a wait list as they’re booked 2 weeks out.
Currently driving around at the mercy of the outside temperature.
Brian

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it was blowing the normal velocity of air but it was just ambient temp or did it feel hotter like heat was selected? Did you notice if it was making condensation under the vehicle? Trying to eliminate some stuff like frozen evaporator. Could be a software problem or possibly a servo in the case not working correctly. When it get's hot as f it's possible the high pressure side kicked out but didn't reset after it tripped. I'm not real familiar with these variable compressors so I'm going to assume the system is still sealed but it has some other system issue.

You can DM me your VIN and I can look at VHR but if dealer has it, not much I can help with trying to troubleshoot you through.
Sponsored