First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone have a problem with their AC working just fine, but after an hour or so of driving, the air flow is reduced and it pretty much stops cooling. I noticed if I shut it off for a while it works again...for a little while. After shutting the engine off, it drips quite a bit of water underneath too now as it didnt used to drip much at all. I dont know if its the coolant low, or if it may be some kind of sensor malfunction. If anybody who has had the issue and gotten it fixed, please let me know what the cause was. I will try and fix it myself if I can, as the dealer wont be able to look at it for 10 days and its damn hot driving after an hour.
Sponsored

Last edited:

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Which HVAC control system do you have? If it's the automatic, is the cabin temp getting cooled down to what you have the temp set for? If so, it will run on a higher setting until it hits the temp you set...just like in your home. If you set it to "LO" it will continue to run until you're frozen out...lol

The dripping is normal, it's condensate and in more humid climates..it's going to drip alot.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have the AC set to Auto?
If so, try turning off the Auto function, selecting the center vents, turn of the inside air recirc button and see how it performs.

OP
OP
The_Viking

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Which HVAC control system do you have? If it's the automatic, is the cabin temp getting cooled down to what you have the temp set for? If so, it will run on a higher setting until it hits the temp you set...just like in your home. If you set it to "LO" it will continue to run until you're frozen out...lol

The dripping is normal, it's condensate and in more humid climates..it's going to drip alot.
I had the dual control set at 69 degrees which it ran just fine for an hour, then I noticed the fan was barely blowing through the vent.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had the dual control set at 69 degrees which it ran just fine for an hour, then I noticed the fan was barely blowing through the vent.
It reduces the fan speed when it reaches the temp you set. If you turn the temp down lower than what it's currently set at, the fan will kick in again.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The_Viking

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It reduces the fan speed when it reaches the temp you set. If you turn the temp down lower than what it's currently set at, the fan will kick in again.
OK so...the cabin temp increased on its own, and the fan shut down lower...so thats not working right

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I have mine set at 65, once it hits 65, it basically shuts down...when it warms up again, the fan kicks back in and I have mine set to Auto. If yours doesn't kick back up when it's getting warmer in the cabin, and you have it set to Auto, it's possible there could be an issue.

OP
OP
The_Viking

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I have mine set at 65, once it hits 65, it basically shuts down...when it warms up again, the fan kicks back in and I have mine set to Auto. If yours doesn't kick back up when it's getting warmer in the cabin, and you have it set to Auto, it's possible there could be an issue.
There is an issue...........Ive had the Bronco for 15 months and it just started this

OP
OP
The_Viking

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Also, the ac vent has some condensation now , before none was present.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You describe the symptoms of an iced over evaporator. Typically caused by low refrigerant or an obstruction to air flow going to the evaporator.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The_Viking

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ok thanks. I was hoping a knowledgeable AC person would chime in...the systems are a lot more complex now, and there are several sensors that can cause a shut down

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone have a problem with their AC working just fine, but after an hour or so of driving, the air flow is reduced and it pretty much stops cooling. I noticed if I shut it off for a while it works again...for a little while. After shutting the engine off, it drips quite a bit of water underneath too now as it didnt used to drip much at all. I dont know if its the coolant low, or if it may be some kind of sensor malfunction. If anybody who has had the issue and gotten it fixed, please let me know what the cause was. I will try and fix it myself if I can, as the dealer wont be able to look at it for 10 days and its damn hot driving after an hour.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry my information wasn't "knowledgeable"..perhaps next time you go to the dealer first, as they're the likely source for the best information.

OP
OP
The_Viking

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I'm going to give a breakdown on my first Ford Warranty experience with the Bronco. After posting to see if someone had a similar issue that was resolved, I received no results, so I took the Bronco to the dealer to diagnose the problem.
1) On my first trip to the dealer they took the Bronco in, and it took them two days or so to try and diagnose because they tried to recreate the problem, as they had no codes when they hooked it up to their diagnostics.
  • During the first visit to the dealer, they explained they didn't have any loaners available and said there were over 40 people waiting for one, so I used their shuttle service but was out of a vehicle for three days.
  • The dealer couldn't recreate the problem while they had it, (drove it 30 miles as per my Ford Pass App) and told me to bring it back if / or while it was happening again. IMHO it was a total waste of my time because it happened again while I was driving it home.
2) After the first trip to the dealer Ford reached out to me on this board and we communicated a few times back and forth and was issued a CASE NUMBER by Ford, and was told "UNDER THE 36 MONTH OR 36K MILE BUMPER TO BUMPER FORD WARRANTY "IF THE DEALER HAS NO LOANERS THEY MUST FIND AND PAY TO GET YOU A RENTAL".........THAT'S CORRECT THE DEALER IS OBLIGATED TO GET YOU A RENTAL IF THEY HAVE NO LOANERS.
3)The second trip back the following Monday, they took the Bronco in and I gave them the CASE NUMBER....A funny thing happened....They didnt say recreate the problem...they said they would figure it out now.
  • Guess what, they shuttled me to a car rental facility and I was issued a Ford Edge for how ever long it took for them to diagnose and fix the AC problem.
3) The dealer kept the Bronco for two weeks and one day total.
  • They figured out the AC evaporator core sensor went bad.
  • They ordered the new parts that took 3 days to arrive.
  • To fix it they had to take off the wiper arms, the entire dash, the two front seats and the entire center console because the evaporator core has an internal sensor and the entire unit had to be replaced.
4) The entire cost for the repairs and car rental for 15 days was a whopping $0.00. All in all, I give Ford a 4 out of 5 stars because of the first visit debacle. After getting that FORD ISSUED CASE NUMBER everything was smooth sailing.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I'm going to give a breakdown on my first Ford Warranty experience with the Bronco. After posting to see if someone had a similar issue that was resolved, I received no results, so I took the Bronco to the dealer to diagnose the problem.
1) On my first trip to the dealer they took the Bronco in, and it took them two days or so to try and diagnose because they tried to recreate the problem, as they had no codes when they hooked it up to their diagnostics.
  • During the first visit to the dealer, they explained they didn't have any loaners available and said there were over 40 people waiting for one, so I used their shuttle service but was out of a vehicle for three days.
  • The dealer couldn't recreate the problem while they had it, (drove it 30 miles as per my Ford Pass App) and told me to bring it back if / or while it was happening again. IMHO it was a total waste of my time because it happened again while I was driving it home.
2) After the first trip to the dealer Ford reached out to me on this board and we communicated a few times back and forth and was issued a CASE NUMBER by Ford, and was told "UNDER THE 36 MONTH OR 36K MILE BUMPER TO BUMPER FORD WARRANTY "IF THE DEALER HAS NO LOANERS THEY MUST FIND AND PAY TO GET YOU A RENTAL".........THAT'S CORRECT THE DEALER IS OBLIGATED TO GET YOU A RENTAL IF THEY HAVE NO LOANERS.
3)The second trip back the following Monday, they took the Bronco in and I gave them the CASE NUMBER....A funny thing happened....They didnt say recreate the problem...they said they would figure it out now.
  • Guess what, they shuttled me to a car rental facility and I was issued a Ford Edge for how ever long it took for them to diagnose and fix the AC problem.
3) The dealer kept the Bronco for two weeks and one day total.
  • They figured out the AC evaporator core sensor went bad.
  • They ordered the new parts that took 3 days to arrive.
  • To fix it they had to take off the wiper arms, the entire dash, the two front seats and the entire center console because the evaporator core has an internal sensor and the entire unit had to be replaced.
4) The entire cost for the repairs and car rental for 15 days was a whopping $0.00. All in all, I give Ford a 4 out of 5 stars because of the first visit debacle. After getting that FORD ISSUED CASE NUMBER everything was smooth sailing.
My experience with getting a case number was the same. When my engine blew (bad valve keeper) the service writer was very uncommunative. Couldn't get any info. Contacted Ford and got a case number. Any time I couldn't get info from dealer I contacted Ford and had a call back or email from dealer within 15 mins. I don't believe this was a dealer problem though. I think it was the service writer as he disappeared before the repair was done and the new service writer was excellent without having to contact Ford again.
Sponsored