First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im really considering one of the new soft tops for my 4dr bronco.
I want the open air feel without the headache of storage of the panels.
My wife wants the sport back design of trektop.

Currently Im more inclined towards the bestop skyrider because I can still have good access to the cargo area by lifting the window.
It seems like its a very bad experience with the soft tops, right?
Trektop seems like it requires almost removing the whole window to get a better access.

1. Any other options?
2. I see mytop are creating an electric version soft top for the bronco soon, any idea how access to the cargo area is made?
3. It seems like mytop are the higher quality option, then bestop, then ford...is that accurate? Did anyone compare all of these?
Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been very pleased with the OEM soft top. I think it provides excellent access to the cargo area. I can have the top folded back to the first position in about 15 seconds and all the way back in about three minutes.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mytop used my Bronco for their prototyping, so I've had some hands on interaction with them and I can say the quality and build is way better than the OEM. I should be getting my production version I stalled in the next few weeks and am going to take lots of pics and post about it.

The rear window/cargo access is more traditional where you zipper up the sides and can lift up the "flap".

I think k they still also have the feature where sides and rear come fully off and can store in a pouch built in to the top liner.

OP
OP

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mytop used my Bronco for their prototyping, so I've had some hands on interaction with them and I can say the quality and build is way better than the OEM. I should be getting my production version I stalled in the next few weeks and am going to take lots of pics and post about it.

The rear window/cargo access is more traditional where you zipper up the sides and can lift up the "flap".

I think k they still also have the feature where sides and rear come fully off and can store in a pouch built in to the top liner.
Does it integrate with the built in aux switches?

Did you get to ride with it in higher speeds and if so could you compare it with bestop in general

and howdoes the zipper mechanism works? Do you have access to it only from inside?Can anyone open it?

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the Trektop. Noise levels aren't bad inside the cabin at highway speeds, and I frequently drive with the rear windows removed, top back, and windows open. There's obviously a huge difference, especially with the Squatch tires, but even with the top down and the rear windows removed, I can easily hold a conversation or talk on the phone.

As for rear window removal, it only takes about 30 seconds. You open the rear gate, pop the lower bar out of the track, slightly fold up the corners of the top, then just pry the window edging out of the J-channel on both sides. If you just need to get into the rear compartment, you can flip the window up onto the roof. If you're looking to remove the rear window entirely, you just slide the window out of the track and stow it.

JR

Sponsored
OP
OP

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Trektop. Noise levels aren't bad inside the cabin at highway speeds, and I frequently drive with the rear windows removed, top back, and windows open. There's obviously a huge difference, especially with the Squatch tires, but even with the top down and the rear windows removed, I can easily hold a conversation or talk on the phone.

As for rear window removal, it only takes about 30 seconds. You open the rear gate, pop the lower bar out of the track, slightly fold up the corners of the top, then just pry the window edging out of the J-channel on both sides. If you just need to get into the rear compartment, you can flip the window up onto the roof. If you're looking to remove the rear window entirely, you just slide the window out of the track and stow it.

JR
Thanks.
How hard is it to try and disassemble the windows (either three of them) while the car is locked?

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks.
How hard is it to try and disassemble the windows (either three of them) while the car is locked?
I've never tried that specific use case, but I don't think you can remove the rear window retention bar with the tail gate locked. That's the first step to accessing the side windows. Reality is that if someone wants to get in, they're not going to try to disassemble the windows, they're just going to cut the plastic and gain access that way.

JR

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does it integrate with the built in aux switches?

Did you get to ride with it in higher speeds and if so could you compare it with bestop in general

and howdoes the zipper mechanism works? Do you have access to it only from inside?Can anyone open it?
They usually do a separate switch and place it where you want, but they've said in the past it could be wired to the aux switches. Not sure 100% though.

Don't know about sound compared to the Bestop, but compared to OEM it is noticeably better. The insulating layers also help with the interior temp.

I believe you have to be able to open the gate to disengage the bottom bar of the rear window to open it up, so not everyone can just get in.

Another thing is they are channel stitching the top to help redirect most of the waterfall effect at the door when it's raining. Helps a ton.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They usually do a separate switch and place it where you want, but they've said in the past it could be wired to the aux switches. Not sure 100% though.

Don't know about sound compared to the Bestop, but compared to OEM it is noticeably better. The insulating layers also help with the interior temp.

I believe you have to be able to open the gate to disengage the bottom bar of the rear window to open it up, so not everyone can just get in.

Another thing is they are channel stitching the top to help redirect most of the waterfall effect at the door when it's raining. Helps a ton.
I can’t wait to see this product.