Sponsored

Difficulty putting the MIC tops in the storage bag?

umpire19

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone been finding it difficult to put the 2 tops in the storage bag? They are a royal pain in the ass to get in that bag. I have just been laying 1 in the bag (laying flat in cargo area) and putting the other behind the Drivers seat.
Sponsored

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone been finding it difficult to put the 2 tops in the storage bag? They are a royal pain in the ass to get in that bag. I have just been laying 1 in the bag (laying flat in cargo area) and putting the other behind the Drivers seat.
Yep. Just now getting the hang of it as the bag is loosening up a little and I'm getting better at it.

Keys I found:
1. Make sure they are oriented properly. Drivers side on bottom, top down with the curve part on the left side. Push ALL THE WAY TO THE BACK!
2. Locking levers pushed down flat.
3. Passenger side inserted in the right orientation (top side up, curve to the right)
4. The main one for me, make sure they are pushed all the way back in the bag. I find when I have the bag laying flat in the back, the hump at the front of the cargo area will initially prevent me from pushing all the way in. Once I realized I was doing that, I started paying attention.
5. Also, when sliding the passenger side top in, I have to put a hand under it and lift while pushing back so it gets past the hardware from the bottom panel and makes it all the way to the back.

Now that I'm doing the 5 things above more consistently, I'm having much better success in getting them both in the bag.

OP
OP
umpire19

umpire19

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the input, I try the things that you said.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Never even tried. Those bags are in the attic with the door bags lol.

OP
OP
umpire19

umpire19

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lol, good place for them.

Sponsored

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep. Just now getting the hang of it as the bag is loosening up a little and I'm getting better at it.

Keys I found:
1. Make sure they are oriented properly. Drivers side on bottom, top down with the curve part on the left side. Push ALL THE WAY TO THE BACK!
3. Passenger side inserted in the right orientation (top side up, curve to the right)
4. The main one for me, make sure they are pushed all the way back in the bag. I find when I have the bag laying flat in the back, the hump at the front of the cargo area will initially prevent me from pushing all the way in. Once I realized I was doing that, I started paying attention.
5. Also, when sliding the passenger side top in, I have to put a hand under it and lift while pushing back so it gets past the hardware from the bottom panel and makes it all the way to the back.

Now that I'm doing the 5 things above more consistently, I'm having much better success in getting them both in the bag.
My bags include a separator panel
I use to keep the hardware from ever touching. I pull out the separator, toss in the drivers in the orientation you mentioned, push separator inside over top of driver side panel, then toss in my passenger side in the orientation you mentioned. Bing, Bang, Boom. Then I store the bag on top of my large hatch and harken hoist that bad boy to the roof!

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put mine in with them standing up. Never had a issue so far. Even zips closed no problem.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keys I found:

Bingo. That's the exact tips I would have. Making sure they slide all the way back is critical. I'd guess can have my panels bagged in 2 minutes now that I've got it down.

Also,

-roll or bunch up the middle divider before putting the first panel in, so it's easier to put over it.

-if putting them flat in the back, make sure to latch the two latches to the floor. This prevents them from getting damaged by sliding into the tail gate.

-if storing vertically there are straps for the headrest and you clip into the floor. I've never tried this orientation yet.

The one thing I had happen was the corner of the top was poking the bag.
Ford Bronco Difficulty putting the MIC tops in the storage bag? 20220511_200105

I added some gorilla duct tape to reinforce it. But taking these pics just now, I see I need a bit more area covered. It's poking where there is no tape sometimes.

Ford Bronco Difficulty putting the MIC tops in the storage bag? 20220511_200145

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I followed the video in the owner’s manual, and everything went in like it was supposed to.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My bags include a separator panel
I use to keep the hardware from ever touching. I pull out the separator, toss in the drivers in the orientation you mentioned, push separator inside over top of driver side panel, then toss in my passenger side in the orientation you mentioned. Bing, Bang, Boom. Then I store the bag on top of my large hatch and harken hoist that bad boy to the roof!
Yep, forgot to note the separator piece.
Sponsored