Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those that want to self-install as much as possible, or are getting dual tops, I wonder about a point where you really can have too many accessories to be able to haul it all home. We're talking 200+ here.

"Sir, you've got a lot of great accessories here - and obviously some of them will be installed on the vehicle - but I'm not certain all of this will fit in the back to take home, even with the seats folded down. Can someone with a truck come with you when you pick up your Bronco?"

Sigh... "Guess I need to add one of these roof racks after all..."
I'll just drive my truck to WV, and my wife can drive it home with all my uninstalled accessories in the bed! ;)
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I personally would like to install some accessories myself. If your jack and tire iron are in the rear cargo floor, I wonder how easy it is to access if you have the pull out tailgate shelf.

Reactions: N3T

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not seeing the savings here - I don't know what people normally pay for Ford Accessories, but I do have a lot of experience with Mopar and I have not paid remotely close to the MSRP for them. I would rather spend 2 minutes of my own time installing (and save 20-40% off MSRP) than sit in the waiting room for an hour for some kid to try and figure out what direction the floormats go.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those that want to self-install as much as possible, or are getting dual tops, I wonder about a point where you really can have too many accessories to be able to haul it all home. We're talking 200+ here.

"Sir, you've got a lot of great accessories here - and obviously some of them will be installed on the vehicle - but I'm not certain all of this will fit in the back to take home, even with the seats folded down. Can someone with a truck come with you when you pick up your Bronco?"

Sigh... "Guess I need to add one of these roof racks after all..."
What if you order over 3500lbs of accessories???

???;) ? ? ?

Ford Bronco DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer 4gu1rv

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The thing about including accessories on your window sticker is that your wife will know the actual price of each accessory, not the lie you told her.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would imagine dealerships aren't super excited about this.

Installation of anything is big business for them, ie labor charges are a big part of their business. I realize ford pays them a set rate for each item to install. But I bet it is less than they would charge the customer.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

In that case, why take out a 5yr loan for the accessories? They may not even be covered under Warranty if not dealer installed.
I have zero debt and plan to keep it that way.
I will be paying cash.

Looks like the majority of the parts we are talking about here are bolt on items and unless one is a total dip shit you can't screw it up. I understand that this program will be a great convenience to people and I am not saying all who elect to have items installed by the dealer are dip shits, it's just not for me. Now, if there is a Ford programmable item then that's a different story, but most of this stuff is plug and play and will be covered under warranty, even with customer install (possible lift outstanding which I would have dealership install).

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No some are self installable if it needs to be dealer installed then it will be done before pickup...

I like to install certain things so that my OCD does not kick in...
sorry I meant if the parts were late availability. But I guess this might fall under them not starting your build without all the parts being available?

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The thing about including accessories on your window sticker is that your wife will know the actual price of each accessory, not the lie you told her.
Who says she's going to see the sticker

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to call it now....

A Bronco6G.com internal competition on the B&P for the person who can make the most expensive 'theoretical' Bronco.
I wonder if you could get it north of $100k?
With 200 accessories I bet it would be close. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored