Sponsored

Direct Seat Swap Between Base / Badlands?

Illwoods

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would anyone happen to know if if it would be possible to directly swap the seats in a 2022 Base with a 2021 Badlands? Also, the Badland seats are power while the Base is not; do the Base models have a power connection that is in place and just not being used?
Sponsored

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no idea how the connectors/wiring diagram looks, but you'd probably want to check the wiring for the airbags to see if they're the same to make sure you don't accidentally set them off

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands seats are not power unless they are the optional leather.

The only electrical would be for heated if it has the Mid package or higher. You could simply leave that unplugged.

OP
OP
Illwoods

Illwoods

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Badlands seats are not power unless they are the optional leather.

The only electrical would be for heated if it has the Mid package or higher. You could simply leave that unplugged.
The Badlands seats are the optional leather

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was base available with leather? Base models most likely had a completely different main harness as there were very few options available for it. I think you could only get a mid package (heated seats?) and overhead switches? Not likely to have the extra pigtails pre-wired. Similar to Black Diamond not being able to have Lux if I recall correctly. But not sure. I'll take a gander in the wiring manual I have, but that's for '23, not sure if base is in there if it was not available in '23.

Pharmdude

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco Sasquatch Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Would anyone happen to know if if it would be possible to directly swap the seats in a 2022 Base with a 2021 Badlands? Also, the Badland seats are power while the Base is not; do the Base models have a power connection that is in place and just not being used?
I have pulled the seats out of my Base model to add heat elements. Also added seat covers. The only connections are for sensors in the seat frame. It was a little bit of work but heated seat elements are only $50-70 running wires to the fuse panel or out to the battery is not too hard either. Love the Heated seats.

In short you would have to source your own power supply if swapping seats was the thing you wanted to do.
Sponsored