First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So after I got my bronco, the first fill up everything worked fine. Second fill up it said 30 miles less than full (for the record the most mine has ever said is 305) my last fill up I didn’t turn the bronco off because my kid was in the car and it’s hot in south Florida and it never went past 240-250 miles to empty. Today I filled up, same thing. As I drive the mileage does decrease and gauge shows full. Anyone else had this issue? 2.3l engine
Sponsored

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm assuming that calculation is based on your mpg and driving habits so the estimate would, in theory, fluctuate from person to person. Especially if it's new and light on data

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It fluctuates based on historical short term mpg. I have found when mine says “0” it’s less than 1/2 gallon left in the tank.

OP
OP
Dmorty217

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm assuming that calculation is based on your mpg and driving habits so the estimate would, in theory, fluctuate from person to person. Especially if it's new and light on data
I’ve had this on all my vehicles in the past and on full they always read the same or very close. If I always drive in eco but switch to sport , the vehicle can’t calculate how hard I’m going to be driving in the future. I guess my point was that it has read near 300 after every fill up, not suddenly it’s substantially less.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Multiple threads on this already. Not an issue, it can fluctuate wildly based on current situation.

My work F150 will show as little as 70 miles to E on a full tank in the winter when it's idling 22 hours a day but if I just got in and drove it would go a whole lot farther than that.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Multiple threads on this already. Not an issue, it can fluctuate wildly based on current situation.

My work F150 will show as little as 70 miles to E on a full tank in the winter when it's idling 22 hours a day but if I just got in and drove it would go a whole lot farther than that.

Only way to know for sure is to reset everything at each fillup and see how far it actually goes.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It fluctuates based on historical short term mpg. I have found when mine says “0” it’s less than 1/2 gallon left in the tank.
@Dmorty217 This ↑ It estimates at fill up based on historical averages then adjusts as you drive. I've watched my miles to E tick off 2 miles for every one added to the odometer if I was driving into a heavy headwind or up a hill. My most recent tank it estimated near 400 miles to E but the math right now (distance traveled + Miles to E displayed) is saying I could hypothetically get closer to 425 if I pushed it. 🤷‍♂️

I've mentioned in other threads that using an App like Fillup will tell you your actual MPG vs the computer. After 8 months of use I've found that the computer is about 5% optimistic. That means if it reads 20mpg I'm probably getting about 19. Another technique is to reset trip 1 every tank and divide miles by gallons added to get a solid estimate.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t understand why the metering measurement used on the injectors can’t give an exact amount of gallons of fuel left vs a float on the fuel sender. My outboards are extremely accurate burning 80-90 gallons on an overnight trip. The tech is available.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t understand why the metering measurement used on the injectors can’t give an exact amount of gallons of fuel left vs a float on the fuel sender. My outboards are extremely accurate burning 80-90 gallons on an overnight trip. The tech is available.

Probably because the conditions are wildly variable and unknown, uphill/downhill, variable wind direction, etc. I'd wonder if your boat fuel burn is consistent in all weather conditions or are you predominately running in favorable conditions? It's also possible that the the resistance against the hull is more consistent and significant, regardless of other weather, than road conditions. Just a couple considerations. 🤷‍♂️

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The boat conditions vary some, wave/wind direction, weight in the boat and current change. I get the “miles til empty” is a projection but fuel used is known. The outboards gauges show GPH in real time and gallons used off a trip reset.
Sponsored