Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok so I plan to install the following audio upgrades to my Bronco:

Kicker 47KSC404 KS Series 4" (front)
Kicker 47KSC6704 KS Series 6-3/4" (Kick Panels)
Kicker 47KSC6504 KS Series 6-1/2" (Rear with SSV Works 6.5" Pods)
Kicker Key 200.4 with PNP Harness and install kit from Hoel Wiring

So with that said, my first question is if I'm not spicing into the OEM harness for the front dash speakers do I still need to install Bass blockers? I heard that the OEM harness has them already install.

Next question, I plan to use Boom Mat on the speakers, but not sure if I need to put it on all 6 speakers, or just the rear and kick panels? Was not sure if it is worth it for the fronts.

Final question, been hearing a lot about people needed to get the ACM flash (Forscan), with the listed Amp, will this still be required? And if so does that flash have to be done after the install or can it be done at anytime?

Also just a friendly note, Crutchfield provides the Metra speaker wiring harness pig tails for free when you purchase the speakers from them, and they give you the mounting brackets too for the Kick Panel speakers. About a $40-$50 savings. Just wanted to share. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So with that said, my first question is if I'm not spicing into the OEM harness for the front dash speakers do I still need to install Bass blockers? I heard that the OEM harness has them already install.
It's not on the harness, it's on the OEM speaker themselves. So yes you'll want bass blockers.
Next question, I plan to use Boom Mat on the speakers, but not sure if I need to put it on all 6 speakers, or just the rear and kick panels? Was not sure if it is worth it for the fronts.
I mean... technically you don't need boom mats at all. I didn't use any on my install. That said, boom mats are most beneficial on speakers reproducing low frequencies—up to you if you also want to use them on the 4" speakers.
Final question, been hearing a lot about people needed to get the ACM flash (Forscan), with the listed Amp, will this still be required? And if so does that flash have to be done after the install or can it be done at anytime?
It can be done any time.

The factory ACM has a high-pass filter setup on the rear pod speakers (basically a digital bass blocker). So your 6.5" rear speakers won't produce much bass at all until you change the ACM setting via Forscan/FDRS.

OP
OP
NavyBronco75

NavyBronco75

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's not on the harness, it's on the OEM speaker themselves. So yes you'll want bass blockers.

I mean... technically you don't need boom mats at all. I didn't use any on my install. That said, boom mats are most beneficial on speakers reproducing low frequencies—up to you if you also want to use them on the 4" speakers.

It can be done any time.

The factory ACM has a high-pass filter setup on the rear pod speakers (basically a digital bass blocker). So your 6.5" rear speakers won't produce much bass at all until you change the ACM setting via Forscan/FDRS.
Thank you very much!! This info was very helpful. And the video is perfect, thanks for sharing.

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It can be done any time.

Does the key amp help bring the pod speakers to life at all? I am installing the amp tonight and am just curious on what to expect here.

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I basically did the same set up as you but am using the plug n play harness from plug n play kits - really recommend that one - seems super easy to set up.

I did boom matts in the back pod speakears and the front kick speakers. Not sure if it made a huge difference or not - it was worth a try because the rear pod speakers just sound like they were in a bucket - just no life.

There is a guy on ebay that is selling bass blocker/harness combos for the 4 inch front speakers. I bought a pair from him and they worked great - super easy to install.

Don't be intimidated removing the trim - its super easy.

Sponsored

mck0721

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

It can be done any time.

Thank you for this info! I am looking to swap out the read pods and change settings via forscan. do you have any other links on how to make that specific change via forscan?

Bronco-tx

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It can be done any time.

How do I change or find the ACM setting in forscan?
Thanks

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It can be done any time.

@RagnarKon helped me out with this yesterday and doing the ACM flash/setting the EQ to flat and THEN running the key DSP made ALL the difference in the world. I think this is a step that many miss that 100% needs to be done.

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do I change or find the ACM setting in forscan?
Thanks
It should be this:

ACM727-01-02xx**xxxxxx--00 = EQS Flat EQ

Just replace the ** with 00 and dont touch anything else in that line.

OP
OP
NavyBronco75

NavyBronco75

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It should be this:

ACM727-01-02xx**xxxxxx--00 = EQS Flat EQ

Just replace the ** with 00 and dont touch anything else in that line.
So this can be done by anyone? I thought you had to take it to a Ford Tech to do it.

Sponsored

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this can be done by anyone? I thought you had to take it to a Ford Tech to do it.
I am really not sure if this is the same flash as the sound bar flash - someone else will have to speak on that.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It can be done by anyone.

Caveat being that Forscan can be dangerous if you just start blindly flipping buttons around, and there are some minor warranty concerns associated with it. But it can be done by anyone—in reality it is a reasonably safe change.

I have a video coming out in a week-ish or so that goes through the process if you are a little gun-shy. (I recorded it yesterday but won't have time to edit it until Sunday.)

OP
OP
NavyBronco75

NavyBronco75

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It can be done by anyone.

Caveat being that Forscan can be dangerous if you just start blindly flipping buttons around, and there are some minor warranty concerns associated with it. But it can be done by anyone—in reality it is a reasonably safe change.

I have a video coming out in a week-ish or so that goes through the process if you are a little gun-shy. (I recorded it yesterday but won't have time to edit it until Sunday.)
Great, I started following your Youtube channel. I don't have my Bronco yet, but wanted to get all my ducks in a row before she arrived. Thanks again for the help and information.

Mikestown

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great, I started following your Youtube channel. I don't have my Bronco yet, but wanted to get all my ducks in a row before she arrived. Thanks again for the help and information.
Yeah, If RagnarKon ever comes through Alabama I will have to buy him a beer for his contributions with my radio upgrades and pricing guides.

OP
OP
NavyBronco75

NavyBronco75

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, If RagnarKon ever comes through Alabama I will have to buy him a beer for his contributions with my radio upgrades and pricing guides.
It just so happens, I will be getting my Bronco from a dealer in Alabama. And my sales man is named Michael too, lol,

But I second that, he has provided so much great info, I would love buy him a beer too.
Sponsored