First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Everglades: Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Hey All, I recently visited my local Audio shop for some suggestions for a much needed Audio upgrade in my Everglades. My criteria was I wanted to stick with a reasonable price range and I wanted fuller sound without a visible sub taking up space in my cargo area. They had done a couple of Broncos already and I ended up going with their suggestions.
JL Audio C2 400X 4inch in the dash
A pair of Pioneer TS-WX010A powered subs under the driver and passenger seats.
The subs fit nicely under the seats and if mounted correctly you can access the crossover and gain dials. The subs do prevent your rear passengers from putting their feet under the seats But still plenty of room to sit comfortably. Not sure which wire they tapped into for installation.
I will eventually replace the kick panel and rear speakers but the shop said it’s really not necessary and to try this setup for awhile first. After hearing it I tend to agree. Really appreciate that they didn’t try to upsell.
I pulled back my all weather rear mat and included a pic of the sub under the driver seat and another pic with the mat back over it. The mat protects it from being exposed if you have rear passengers.
The shop also said that you could get away with one sub but a huge difference in sound going with a pair and you feel it in the seat.
Once installed you can make your sound adjustments on each sub depending on your music type and normal listening volumes. I did a lot of adjusting To suit my taste.
Very happy with the end result. This upgrade is not meant to rattle the windows. It’s meant to provide much cleaner and a much fuller sound.
Hope this helps some of you out looking at making similar decisions. The JL C2’s are so good that I just have to do the rears soon too!

7DB1F6C0-61FB-4ED8-9AFA-DF84F4541F73.jpeg

86075D9A-B776-4A76-B9FF-D08B87E6D2B0.jpeg

E14A7552-D9A2-4843-9E17-8E08146AF204.jpeg
Sponsored

ブロンコ

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 | Black Diamond | 35-Inch M/T | 2-Door | 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How hard is it to install the subwoofer? I want to buy one but I’ve never done anything like this before.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey All, I recently visited my local Audio shop for some suggestions for a much needed Audio upgrade in my Everglades. My criteria was I wanted to stick with a reasonable price range and I wanted fuller sound without a visible sub taking up space in my cargo area. They had done a couple of Broncos already and I ended up going with their suggestions.
The subs fit nicely under the seats and if mounted correctly you can access the crossover and gain dials. The subs do prevent your rear passengers from putting their feet under the seats But still plenty of room to sit comfortably. Not sure which wire they tapped into for installation.
I will eventually replace the kick panel and rear speakers but the shop said it’s really not necessary and to try this setup for awhile first. After hearing it I tend to agree. Really appreciate that they didn’t try to upsell.
I pulled back my all weather rear mat and included a pic of the sub under the driver seat and another pic with the mat back over it. The mat protects it from being exposed if you have rear passengers.
The shop also said that you could get away with one sub but a huge difference in sound going with a pair and you feel it in the seat.
Once installed you can make your sound adjustments on each sub depending on your music type and normal listening volumes. I did a lot of adjusting To suit my taste.
Very happy with the end result. This upgrade is not meant to rattle the windows. It’s meant to provide much cleaner and a much fuller sound.
Hope this helps some of you out looking at making similar decisions. The JL C2’s are so good that I just have to do the rears soon too!

Ford Bronco Audio Upgrade JL Audio Speakers & Pioneer Active Subs E14A7552-D9A2-4843-9E17-8E08146AF204

Ford Bronco Audio Upgrade JL Audio Speakers & Pioneer Active Subs E14A7552-D9A2-4843-9E17-8E08146AF204

If you don’t mind saying what was the ballpark all in price?

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! I was trying to find those subs a few months ago and they did not seem to be available anywhere.

Are the subs bolted down under the seats?

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How hard is it to install the subwoofer? I want to buy one but I’ve never done anything like this before.
Most things done on new vehicles fall in the “never done this before” category. I think the definition of “hard” could be answered by whether you regularly MacGyver things or not. If you’re not afraid to lean into the task and learn as you go, then it’s not necessary difficult. It will be frustrating at times but not hard.

I have Killmatted my front and rear 4” speaker enclosures and replaced the OEM speakers in those locations. I found the hardest part was finding the right way to pop out the dash speaker covers without breaking the tabs (broke one). The shop manual would have been a big help had I had it as it shows the pry points and pry order.

Adding the sub involves tapping into the speaker wires to the 6” kick panel speakers, according to other threads on this forum. It does not look difficult.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco365

Bronco365

Everglades
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Nice! I was trying to find those subs a few months ago and they did not seem to be available anywhere.

Yes, they are bolted down on each side. You can see in the pic the

Yes. The subs have a metal tab on the left and right and a hand tightened Fastener which you can see in the pic. That way you can easily undo them and have access to the controls. Once you have it the output adjusted the way you want you don’t really need to remove them again. They stay tight too.

OP
OP
Bronco365

Bronco365

Everglades
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
If you don’t mind saying what was the ballpark all in price?
It was around $1500 Canadian for everything including installation. You could certainly do it yourself and save some $$. I don’t have the time or patience to do that anymore. Lol

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
It was around $1500 Canadian for everything including installation. You could certainly do it yourself and save some $$. I don’t have the time or patience to do that anymore. Lol
thank you!!! I don’t have the time or patience either. I will take this info to my local audio shop and see if they can do the same for a similar price. Thanks again, Kevin.

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

System upgrades are always nice to set up. Two questions. When covered like that don’t the subs overheat? Also since on the floor are they waterproof? I can imagine hosingnout the floors might be bad for them?

OP
OP
Bronco365

Bronco365

Everglades
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
System upgrades are always nice to set up. Two questions. When covered like that don’t the subs overheat? Also since on the floor are they waterproof? I can imagine hosingnout the floors might be bad for them?
No overheating. The mat doesn’t lay on top it just goes over on an angle not like a blanket. Also these are built for tight places. As far as waterproof I would say no and refer to Pioneer website for details. The sub is downfiring Which is good. I wouldn’t hose it with water for sure. You could make the connections quick connect so that you could unplug and quickly pull it out if you were doing some cleaning I suppose.

cubes32

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

7DB1F6C0-61FB-4ED8-9AFA-DF84F4541F73.jpeg

86075D9A-B776-4A76-B9FF-D08B87E6D2B0.jpeg

E14A7552-D9A2-4843-9E17-8E08146AF204.jpeg
Are you running the JL C2’s with an amplifier?

I am also curious if anyone is running the C2’s with the B&O amp.
Sponsored