First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did they pull the signal for the sub from the kicker panel speakers?
I’m not 100% sure. I believe he connected to the driver’s side kick panel speaker based on how he had the Bronco trim pulled apart and where he ran the power/wires for the sub woofer. I’ve asked him to confirm but he hasn’t yet. The kick panels are definitely the speakers that drive the bass other than the subwoofer. Don’t use the back pods because those are clearly tuned down significantly
Sponsored

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey all,

Just got rid of the front and rear stock speakers and replaced them with these JL Audio C1-400x C1 Series 4" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield. For less then 200 bucks I drastically improved the sound quality on a Base Bronco with out having to tamper with any amps. I highly recommend everyone to do them selves a favor and get rid of those stock speaker that sound like the free earphones they give out on plane rides.

Now the goal is to somehow find a spot Hidden to add a decent sub just to compliment the speakers. I ain't looking for overkill any ideas?
Crutchfield told me this would not fit in the rear! I was disappointed so I didn't buy the Pioneer they recommended yet. I am waiting on JL audio to make custom Sub box like they do for Jeep and Mustang. What connection harness did you use?

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
ICKER - Hideaway 8" Sub
I’m not 100% sure. I believe he connected to the driver’s side kick panel speaker based on how he had the Bronco trim pulled apart and where he ran the power/wires for the sub woofer. I’ve asked him to confirm but he hasn’t yet. The kick panels are definitely the speakers that drive the bass other than the subwoofer. Don’t use the back pods because those are clearly tuned down significantly
Did Best Buy do the install, since that's where you got the parts? What was the install price if you don't mind?

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did Best Buy do the install, since that's where you got the parts? What was the install price if you don't mind?
No, I had a local shop do the installation. BB had a long wait and the local shop was available the same week. He only did the two kick panel speakers and the sub. The two front speakers and the pods were really easy so I did them myself. When I broke the first clip off my kick panel I through in the towel. He charged $225 for the install of the three speakers.

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for all your help. Have you considered a short movie on YouTube where we can hear the sound of your new setup?

Sponsored

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for all your help. Have you considered a short movie on YouTube where we can hear the sound of your new setup?
I have thought about it, but not sure how well it will come across. For me, the $800 investment (and a few hours of my time) is very much worth it. Now, whether I have the top up or down the sound is great. To be honest, I’ve not yet sat in the back to see how it sounds with the top down.

BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001OAB6BW?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

These worked for me on the 4”. Take a bit of work to fit, but holds firm and works well.
hmmm! you must have pushed the harness real hard to get into the Bronco portion. The pins are wider than the Bronco side will try again tomorrow.
Did you try flipping the harness 180? For me it worked one way with some decent pressure and not at all the other way. Did you get the Metra harnesses?

The dash speakers will give you the best improvement. The rear pods didn’t seem to do much. Dynamat would work well. I just used the poly fill we had around and stuffed the space behind the speakers full. It made a big difference. Dynamat would be cleaner but I didn’t have any around and wanted to upgrade some.
yes, this is the link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OAB6BW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thanks, I was able to push them and get a connection but not sure if I like either Kicker or Polk while it added Bass it robbed the song from the highs vs. stock speakers.

Did the panel speakers improve the sounds? I am looking for the 4# replacements first.

I wonder if just adding a Kick sub would be good enough.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker...-150w-amplifier-black/3526208.p?skuId=3526208

Last edited:

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
hmmm! you must have pushed the harness real hard to get into the Bronco portion. The pins are wider than the Bronco side will try again tomorrow.

yes, this is the link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OAB6BW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These might have been defective the tip of the connectors are wide not pointy so I ordered yours. I've been trying to get these speakers replaced for a couple of weeks.

Did the panel speakers improve the sounds? I am looking for the 4# replacements first.

I may add this Kicker also but it is $299

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker...-150w-amplifier-black/3526208.p?skuId=3526208
Interesting. It didn’t seem too difficult to plug in for me. It definitely fit weird but I didn’t feel like I really had to mash them in or tweak the pins. I got my Bronco in late November. I can’t imagine them changing the design.

Yes, the panel speakers made quite a bit of difference. They really handle mids and bass too. That said, I had the panel and sub installed at the same time so hard to say what just the panels would have done. Now you have me curious so I’ll try them with the sub knob turned all the way down.

That sun is what I have and it really rounds out the sound. The installer put the control knob next to the drivers seat so I can kick it up or down depending on what I’m listening to, top on/off and who is in the car. I like my music louder and with more bass than most in my family.

AA584753-E168-42BA-BBF9-1C01208D7EA2.jpeg

698E1657-DE75-4831-8A87-89AAEB15FD64.jpeg

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,

Just got rid of the front and rear stock speakers and replaced them with these JL Audio C1-400x C1 Series 4" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield. For less then 200 bucks I drastically improved the sound quality on a Base Bronco with out having to tamper with any amps. I highly recommend everyone to do them selves a favor and get rid of those stock speaker that sound like the free earphones they give out on plane rides.

Now the goal is to somehow find a spot Hidden to add a decent sub just to compliment the speakers. I ain't looking for overkill any ideas?
Thanks for the tip!

For Canadians, Visions has these speakers on sale until January 27th. I picked up 2 pairs for $163CDN, tax in. That’s over $80 cheaper than what I could find on Amazon.

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just filled video on my iPhone and it really doesn’t capture the sound difference. I even tried it with sub on and off and you can’t tell in my low tech videos, but it’s a huge difference in person.

Sponsored

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The little controller with the wire near the transmission knob is a deal-breaker for me.

jcgcbns22

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey all,

I am moving the sub from my last Ford Vehicle over to the Bronco. It is a self enclosed box from Rockford Fosgate. Punch is the model. 12 inch. It takes a lot of space but can be quickly removed if you need the space. I wired it with a turn dial that can be controlled from the drivers seat. It looks like overkill but not expensive and easy to remove when you need the space.

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The little controller with the wire near the transmission knob is a deal-breaker for me.
You don’t have to have that at all and or could put it somewhere else/hide it better. I like it because it allows me to turn the base up/down depending on the type of music I’m listening to. If you don’t have it, then you adjust via the screen only.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crutchfield told me this would not fit in the rear! I was disappointed so I didn't buy the Pioneer they recommended yet. I am waiting on JL audio to make custom Sub box like they do for Jeep and Mustang. What connection harness did you use?
Yeah they told me the same thing but I bought them from there anyway based on knowledge form this forum. They fit fine but your grills will bulge out slightly in the center since the tweeter will touch them. Sound good!

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs