First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone have a review of Audio Controls new speakers? They released a 4", 3ohm coaxial.
Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven’t heard them myself. But have heard great things from some stereo media outlets I follow. I was going to get them myself, except they were not available at the time I ordered speakers. Will see how my system sounds when I get it going in next few weeks and he those if my current ones don’t cut it. They look to be a very good mid level option.

OP
OP

OVRLNDR

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since the entire front stage seems to be wired for 2ohm, I assume the OEM amplifier can handle 3ohm speakers? If not, I guess the indicator would be the head unit shutting down intermittently.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since the entire front stage seems to be wired for 2ohm, I assume the OEM amplifier can handle 3ohm speakers? If not, I guess the indicator would be the head unit shutting down intermittently.
Not necessarily. You are correct the front stage is wired for 2ohm… but that’s one 4ohm wired parallel with another 4ohm.

If you wire one 4ohm in parallel with a 3ohm, then the amplifier “sees” 1.71ohms. So the factory amp would have to be capable of powering 1.71ohms.

Ford doesn’t give us specs on those amps so I don’t know if it’s capable or powering that or not. My hunch is if you use bass blockers to block out the lower frequencies that typically require more power to drive, it’ll be fine.

OP
OP

OVRLNDR

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not necessarily. You are correct the front stage is wired for 2ohm… but that’s one 4ohm wired parallel with another 4ohm.

If you wire one 4ohm in parallel with a 3ohm, then the amplifier “sees” 1.71ohms. So the factory amp would have to be capable of powering 1.71ohms.

Ford doesn’t give us specs on those amps so I don’t know if it’s capable or powering that or not. My hunch is if you use bass blockers to block out the lower frequencies that typically require more power to drive, it’ll be fine.
Ok, what would happen if I wired the front stage in series?

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, what would happen if I wired the front stage in series?
Amp sees 7 ohms and it’ll definitely be able to power it. Also will reduce the overall volume of the front speakers.

LAX-DAD

Outer Banks
First Name
G.L.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dualing Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Installed the 3.5” Audiocontrol PNW speakers in the dash. Still powering off factory B&O amplifier as I build rack for aftermarket amps. Pleased with the sound and output of the new Audiocontrol speakers
Ford Bronco Audio Control 4" Speakers review? IMG_0183
Ford Bronco Audio Control 4" Speakers review? IMG_0182
but anxious to see what they can do with more power and dsp tune.
Had initially installed Audiofrog GS42 in the dash but changed as the PNW 3.5” speaker align better with the factory speaker grill.
Sponsored