First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I used these and they were a bit of a strange fit, but they work. They’ve been installed for more than a month with no issues. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001OAB6BW?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

9B7D1A82-D1D6-4C01-BEF0-9CB1F61331E3.jpeg
Sponsored

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dash speakers haven’t tried kick panels yet
If you do the kick panels, the clips are toward the front of the car (the narrower part) and there are two of them. There are two plastic clips near the seats that you’ll want to slide out toward the front of the truck or they will break. I learned the hard way! Good news is only one panel broke and it was $26 to buy a replacement.

Scotteasymoney

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 72 maverick grabber
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How much room from the top of the 4" speaker to the stock grill? Can a 2 way tweeter stick up about 3/8" from the top the 4" mount?
I used a two way kicker speaker with a tweeter and had plenty of room. See photo for the one I used.

30E82BC3-9D3C-4472-8EFB-FDED1B0D59E0.jpeg

Sponsored

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How was the improvement?
The improvement from the two front dash speakers was significant. Replacing the rear pod speakers didn’t do much. I was happy with just those four but had credit at Best Buy so bought the 6.5” and the powered sub woofer. With those installed it’s really, really good.

Scotteasymoney

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The improvement from the two front dash speakers was significant. Replacing the rear pod speakers didn’t do much. I was happy with just those four but had credit at Best Buy so bought the 6.5” and the powered sub woofer. With those installed it’s really, really good.
All kicker?

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did they pull the signal for the sub from the kicker panel speakers?

Scotteasymoney

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I used a two way kicker speaker with a tweeter and had plenty of room. See photo for the one I used.

30E82BC3-9D3C-4472-8EFB-FDED1B0D59E0.jpeg
Will I speaker with this type of raised tweeter clear?
Screenshot_20220124-081058_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sponsored

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Will I speaker with this type of raised tweeter clear?
Screenshot_20220124-081058_Samsung Internet.jpg
All kicker?
Yes.
1. Kick panel speakers - KICKER - KS Series 6-1/2" 2-Way Car Speakers with Polypropylene Cones (Pair) - Black ($129 at Best Buy)
2. Front dash and rear pod - KICKER - KS Series 4" 2-Way Car Speakers (Pair) - Black ($99/pair Best Buy)
3. Subwoofer- KICKER - Hideaway 8" Subwoofer with Enclosure and Integrated 150W Amplifier - Black $250 Best Buy

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes all kicker. The speaker you posted may work for the dash, but wouldn’t for the pods. I chose the kickers because of the low profile and good sound.
1. Kick panel speakers - KICKER - KS Series 6-1/2" 2-Way Car Speakers with Polypropylene Cones (Pair) - Black ($129 at Best Buy)
2. Front dash and rear pod - KICKER - KS Series 4" 2-Way Car Speakers (Pair) - Black ($99/pair Best Buy)
3. Subwoofer- KICKER - Hideaway 8" Subwoofer with Enclosure and Integrated 150W Amplifier - Black $250 Best Buy

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001OAB6BW?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

These worked for me on the 4”. Take a bit of work to fit, but holds firm and works well.
hmmm! you must have pushed the harness real hard to get into the Bronco portion. The pins are wider than the Bronco side will try again tomorrow.
All kicker?
I was watching a video and they put Dynamat inside the speaker housing. I am going to try kicker CSC4 vs Polk DB+4 but need to make the harness work. I’ve been looking at kicker sub also at Best Buy but first the 4”

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
hmmm! you must have pushed the harness real hard to get into the Bronco portion. The pins are wider than the Bronco side will try again tomorrow.

I was watching a video and they put Dynamat inside the speaker housing. I am going to try kicker CSC4 vs Polk DB+4 but need to make the harness work. I’ve been looking at kicker sub also at Best Buy but first the 4”
Did you try flipping the harness 180? For me it worked one way with some decent pressure and not at all the other way. Did you get the Metra harnesses?

The dash speakers will give you the best improvement. The rear pods didn’t seem to do much. Dynamat would work well. I just used the poly fill we had around and stuffed the space behind the speakers full. It made a big difference. Dynamat would be cleaner but I didn’t have any around and wanted to upgrade some.
Sponsored